Copt assets from a new era

Hi Len,

You mean clone?

Yes. You do this in Content Manager.

1) Find the non-built-in asset you want.
2) Highlight it.
3) Press CTRL+D (D at the same time as the CTRL key).

This will create something called New Asset.

4) Change the filter to Open For edit.

You will see New Asset open for edit.

5) Right-click on this asset.
6) Choose Open asset in Explorer
7) search for the config.txt file
8) Edit the config.txt file to change the Username to what you want to call it. Save and close it.
9) Make other changes you want to texture files.
10) Close the Windows Explorer folder.
11) Right click on "new asset".
12) Choose Submit.
13) Check for faulty assets to ensure that there are none.
14) If all set, enjoy your new asset.

John has mis read the question. Save your route and session in Tane to a CDP file and then import file into TRS19. Download missing assets so you have the up to date versions. If you try and copy assets from Tane they might fail because texture files are different and might not load.

Is there any way I can copy assets from a new era to 2019 please.

Routes, sessions and individual assets should be saved to CDP and then imported as a content file into TRS2019.

In T:ane, list dependencies recursively for the route and session. Sort the list by status and select all Modified and Downloaded from DLS. Export everything in that list to CDP. Note that due to severe size restrictions for CDP files in TRS2019 you should create multiple CDPs with only a few hundred items in each. Import the CDPs as content files into TRS2019, then filter all installed assets by Open for Edit, select all, right-click and Revert to original. This is the step that avoids overwriting anything already installed in TRS2019.

That will leave you with some missing dependencies which have to be tackled according to the reason for missing. Some might be available for download from the DLS. The most problematic are items that are built-in for T:ane (and therefore should not be exported from T:ane) and are not yet available on the DLS. These are usually solved by downloading a different version from the DLS or elsewhere, changing the version number to the one that the route requires, and importing into TRS2019 as a content folder.

John has mis read the question. Save your route and session in Tane to a CDP file and then import file into TRS19. Download missing assets so you have the up to date versions. If you try and copy assets from Tane they might fail because texture files are different and might not load.

Yes that would work. Doh! This is what happens when I get interrupted - my dad is 85 with some early signs of things going on and keeps me hopping every 20 secs.

Back