Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Revising my TRS19 PBR Parallax SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP track series

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by render2017 View Post
    I quickly scanned through the thread but could not see any mention of the issues I have found while trying your track in my current route development.

I am trying to use TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG,FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny to replace TRS19 Track 1 Procedural - Seasonal. Apart from Moire it is superior in appearance to most tracks I have tested.

I have shader set to ultra even though I usually have STD set while building a route.

1. While trying to lay track if I go away to set a switch type or something it defaults back to rail only version. This tends to cause errors when I go back and assume I can continue. I have not seen this with other track types, is this normal or is there a way to set the default. I do have it set in Picklist but don't need to go back there with other track usually.

2. Sometimes it needs to set matching height on switch lever position to fully form frog

3. Also in other cases I need to use straighten tool to get the frog to form correctly, mainly in longer switches

4. I have to replace the PBR texture PBR Gravel 2 - Seasonal with PBR Gravel 5 - Seasonal to get a smooth joint on the ballast to ground position.

I have not seen this reported before so wonder if I am doing something wrong.

I have a 1080 TI Graphics card standard settings i7-9700K with 64GB memory and use TRS2019 version 106136.

Hope someone can suggest solution.

Colin Rayner
    render2017
    Colin:

What is the KUID for the track you are using? Is it one of these:

<kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny
    <kuid2:439337:103407:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast
    <kuid2:439337:103416:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty, No Ballast
    <kuid2:439337:103409:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Shiny, Track only
    <kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only
    <kuid2:439337:103414:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty

The above is the latest version....

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Quote Originally Posted by render2017 View Post
    I quickly scanned through the thread but could not see any mention of the issues I have found while trying your track in my current route development.

I am trying to use TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG,FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny to replace TRS19 Track 1 Procedural - Seasonal. Apart from Moire it is superior in appearance to most tracks I have tested.

I have shader set to ultra even though I usually have STD set while building a route.

1. While trying to lay track if I go away to set a switch type or something it defaults back to rail only version. This tends to cause errors when I go back and assume I can continue. I have not seen this with other track types, is this normal or is there a way to set the default. I do have it set in Picklist but don't need to go back there with other track usually.

2. Sometimes it needs to set matching height on switch lever position to fully form frog

3. Also in other cases I need to use straighten tool to get the frog to form correctly, mainly in longer switches

4. I have to replace the PBR texture PBR Gravel 2 - Seasonal with PBR Gravel 5 - Seasonal to get a smooth joint on the ballast to ground position.

I have not seen this reported before so wonder if I am doing something wrong.

I have a 1080 TI Graphics card standard settings i7-9700K with 64GB memory and use TRS2019 version 106136.

Hope someone can suggest solution.

Colin Rayner
    render2017
    I'm also using the TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG,FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, on my current WIP, and I have the the same problem with the track defaulting to "Rail Only". However, I also had the "Rail Only" default problem when I used SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny. I still don't know if it is a problem with the track, or a possible glitch in TRS19.

As far as a switch failing to set moveable points is concerned, I have had that problem with other procedural track. It just involves adjusting the track (elevation, distance between splines, etc.) until the moveable points appear.

I'm currently using the above referenced TRS19 SAP track with "LRW Track Brown Ballast" (set at the smallest scale), as the surrounding ballast.

Joe

Regarding matching ballast have you seen my post in this forum?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...01#post1796501

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jrfolco View Post
    I'm also using the TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG,FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, on my current WIP, and I have the the same problem with the track defaulting to "Rail Only". However, I also had the "Rail Only" default problem when I used SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny. I still don't know if it is a problem with the track, or a possible glitch in TRS19.Joe
    I am not sure I understand what the problem is here. Please take me through the steps to replicate it on a test route...

Bob

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Quote Originally Posted by MSGSapper View Post
    I am not sure I understand what the problem is here. Please take me through the steps to replicate it on a test route...

Bob
    When working in Surveyor using TRS19 SAP track, select "Tracks F4", go into ,Track Mode T, and select any one of the new TRS19 Sap tracks. If you then move to Trackside Mode Y, or Trackmarker Mode V, and then come back to Track Mode T, the track defaults to TRS19 SAP Track Only. This defaulting also occurs when using SAP Protrack, but doesn't happen with other procedural track.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the track, or a glitch in TRS19.

Joe

Default MSGSapper New US TRack Issues

Quote by JRFOILCO
    " I'm also using the TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG,FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, on my current WIP, and I have the the same problem with the track defaulting to "Rail Only". However, I also had the "Rail Only" default problem when I used SAP Protrack U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny. I still don't know if it is a problem with the track, or a possible glitch in TRS19."

Regarding this I think the typical steps to reproduce this are

1. e.g. Set up (lay) the track then switch to adjust splines to one level or maybe add some ballast then switch back to lay more track and the default has changed from what was selected to be rail only track which unless you are diligent makes a mess of any additional track being added.

2. In the matter of frogs being corrupted, this occurs when forming a switch and the splines are not all the same height or a spline needs to be added. This is common to all Procedural PBR track but seems to be particularly sensitive with MSGSapper PBR track where all the splines are set to 0.0 but the frog is still corrupted. I have images showing all splines are set to zero but the frog is still corrupted.

Note: I also checked if it is still corrupted in Driver and it is.

While I have images I cannot quite work out how to insert images it does not work for me !

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C3...xhqY2ox39PZfbq Close Up

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wm...GGP1Lr-j9pP4iR Overview

Hope this helps explain

Regarding Ballast I have it working OK with the Gravel ballast mentioned in my previous post but tried the ones in your link . . . .. and it does work but does have a slight repeating pattern so I need to use the [ or ] key to rotate while laying it but yes it looks good . . . The gravel one does not seem to have the repeating pattern look at all.

P.S. Forgot to mention YES I have the latest downloaded version of your track from the DLS

Last edited by render2017; February 26th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Colin's Trains AKA render2017
    email: render2017 at yahoo.com.au
    Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/Mg3k2m

Quote Originally Posted by jrfolco View Post
    When working in Surveyor using TRS19 SAP track, select "Tracks F4", go into ,Track Mode T, and select any one of the new TRS19 Sap tracks. If you then move to Trackside Mode Y, or Trackmarker Mode V, and then come back to Track Mode T, the track defaults to TRS19 SAP Track Only. This defaulting also occurs when using SAP Protrack, but doesn't happen with other procedural track.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the track, or a glitch in TRS19.

Joe
    Joe:

Thanks for the steps.

Based on what you say, and what I replicated, this is not a problem with the revised track itself, but just in the "T" mode list itself - true? As for why it does that in the list I have no idea what would cause that.

Bob

I just tried the new track.

It's freakin' GORGEOUS.

No more missing tie plates (chairs)

No more funky ballast width between closely spaced turnouts.

No more rails-only on short track sections

Much less moire.

And I prefer the brown ballast, too.

THANK YOU Mr. SAP!!!!

Horace Fithers

Quote Originally Posted by horacefithers View Post
    I just tried the new track.

It's freakin' GORGEOUS.

No more missing tie plates (chairs)

No more funky ballast width between closely spaced turnouts.

No more rails-only on short track sections

Much less moire.

And I prefer the brown ballast, too.

THANK YOU Mr. SAP!!!!

Horace Fithers
    I think it likes it

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback! I put a lot of hours into revising that track and all its meshes (88).

Bob

The force is strong in this one...

OWK

Default Oops... a very curious thing...

I popped into driver mode (in Trainz Plus uising ctrl-F2) and hit ctrl-H to make the turnout direction arrows disappear.

They didn't disappear!

All new procedural track in the area.

Anyone see this or has my system gone funky-monkey again...

HF

And more cuirouser, I hit ctrl-F1 going back to Surveyor, then ctrl-F2 back to driver and now the turnout throw-direction arrows appear/disappear with ctrl-H.

Hmmm.....

HF

I found another good thing about the new SAP track - the rails only track no longer seems to float a little above the ground!

HF

Quote Originally Posted by horacefithers View Post
    I popped into driver mode (in Trainz Plus uising ctrl-F2) and hit ctrl-H to make the turnout direction arrows disappear.

They didn't disappear!

All new procedural track in the area.

Anyone see this or has my system gone funky-monkey again...

HF
    I tried using CTRL-H in TRS19 in the freight session for my TRS19 Progressive Rail route and the turnout direction arrows did disappear, at least for me. See this screenshot:

When you move your mouse pointer over the junction the direction arrow will appear for just that junction and this is correct behavior in Trainz.

Bob
    Last edited by MSGSapper; February 28th, 2020 at 04:17 PM.

Update on my experience with the new SAP US 132LB track

After some time using the track both by adding new track and doing asset replacements I have found the following:

1. The overall appearance is probably the best option for US track in TRS19 provided you use PBR textures around the track itself.

2. Building new track is no more difficult than any other Procedural track, except perhaps it is a little bit more demanding of spline positions and straight track sections around the switch itself. And apart from the need to refresh the default version from time to time in the list when laying track (It seems to default to rail only version - MSGSapper has explained it is not his doing, but a TRS19 issue) I find no other issues and the overall result makes it worthwhile. I have had no reporting of issues in Driver at all, not even with the red arrow switch lever issue mentioned earlier. I do find the rusty versions are a little less obvious than some other versions for visibility, but not a serious problem. The Ballast MSGSapper has developed if fine too, and some other PBR gravel types work with it, some don't !

3. Using asset replacement does have some issues but I think relates to the fact some procedural track types are less particular that some as any issues with the track being replaced will also show up in the replacement.

4. I tested several track types regarding Moire and cannot find much difference, some being much worse than SAP track by MSGSapper.

Congratulations to MSGSapper for delivering a superior track for those wanting prototypical US spike track.
    Colin's Trains AKA render2017
    email: render2017 at yahoo.com.au
    Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/Mg3k2m