Project: Revising my TRS19 PBR Parallax SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP track series

Oops... a very curious thing...

I popped into driver mode (in Trainz Plus uising ctrl-F2) and hit ctrl-H to make the turnout direction arrows disappear.

They didn't disappear!

All new procedural track in the area.

Anyone see this or has my system gone funky-monkey again...

HF

And more cuirouser, I hit ctrl-F1 going back to Surveyor, then ctrl-F2 back to driver and now the turnout throw-direction arrows appear/disappear with ctrl-H.

Hmmm.....

HF

I popped into driver mode (in Trainz Plus uising ctrl-F2) and hit ctrl-H to make the turnout direction arrows disappear.

They didn't disappear!

All new procedural track in the area.

Anyone see this or has my system gone funky-monkey again...

HF

I tried using CTRL-H in TRS19 in the freight session for my TRS19 Progressive Rail route and the turnout direction arrows did disappear, at least for me. See this screenshot:

Junctions-marker-not-showing.jpg

When you move your mouse pointer over the junction the direction arrow will appear for just that junction and this is correct behavior in Trainz.

Bob

Last edited:
Update on my experience with the new SAP US 132LB track

After some time using the track both by adding new track and doing asset replacements I have found the following:

1. The overall appearance is probably the best option for US track in TRS19 provided you use PBR textures around the track itself.

2. Building new track is no more difficult than any other Procedural track, except perhaps it is a little bit more demanding of spline positions and straight track sections around the switch itself. And apart from the need to refresh the default version from time to time in the list when laying track (It seems to default to rail only version - MSGSapper has explained it is not his doing, but a TRS19 issue) I find no other issues and the overall result makes it worthwhile. I have had no reporting of issues in Driver at all, not even with the red arrow switch lever issue mentioned earlier. I do find the rusty versions are a little less obvious than some other versions for visibility, but not a serious problem. The Ballast MSGSapper has developed if fine too, and some other PBR gravel types work with it, some don't !

3. Using asset replacement does have some issues but I think relates to the fact some procedural track types are less particular that some as any issues with the track being replaced will also show up in the replacement.

4. I tested several track types regarding Moire and cannot find much difference, some being much worse than SAP track by MSGSapper.

Congratulations to MSGSapper for delivering a superior track for those wanting prototypical US spike track.

Update on my experience with the new SAP US 132LB track

After some time using the track both by adding new track and doing asset replacements I have found the following:

1. The overall appearance is probably the best option for US track in TRS19 provided you use PBR textures around the track itself.

2. Building new track is no more difficult than any other Procedural track, except perhaps it is a little bit more demanding of spline positions and straight track sections around the switch itself. And apart from the need to refresh the default version from time to time in the list when laying track (It seems to default to rail only version - MSGSapper has explained it is not his doing, but a TRS19 issue) I find no other issues and the overall result makes it worthwhile. I have had no reporting of issues in Driver at all, not even with the red arrow switch lever issue mentioned earlier. I do find the rusty versions are a little less obvious than some other versions for visibility, but not a serious problem. The Ballast MSGSapper has developed if fine too, and some other PBR gravel types work with it, some don't !

3. Using asset replacement does have some issues but I think relates to the fact some procedural track types are less particular that some as any issues with the track being replaced will also show up in the replacement.

4. I tested several track types regarding Moire and cannot find much difference, some being much worse than SAP track by MSGSapper.

Congratulations to MSGSapper for delivering a superior track for those wanting prototypical US spike track.

Thanks for the review and feedback on my revised track!

Bob

A quick update on your track. I could not find a topic mentioning about Hayes Bumpers.

When I try to install them on track end, I get a message saying they are incompatible with your track. I tried all other bumper types on the DLS all won't add. I tried a standard N3V procedural track on the same route I am working on and it installed OK.

Is this a known issue?

If so I can get around it by plugging some other track at end but that would take some time.

I have not had any other serious issues with the track and think it looks great.

Can you let me know if I need to do something different.

A quick update on your track. I could not find a topic mentioning about Hayes Bumpers.

When I try to install them on track end, I get a message saying they are incompatible with your track. I tried all other bumper types on the DLS all won't add. I tried a standard N3V procedural track on the same route I am working on and it installed OK.

Is this a known issue?

If so I can get around it by plugging some other track at end but that would take some time.

I have not had any other serious issues with the track and think it looks great.

I tested my track this morning by adding both of the below items to it:

<kuid2:106916:10052:1> US bumper darkrusty
<kuid:30671:23001> US bumper yellow new

There were no issues reported by TRS19, nor did I experience any problems doing this.

See the following screenshot.

Bumpers-on-track.jpg

Bob

Is this a known issue?

This is a bug with track splines. You need to open all your not-built-in or payware tracks for edit in Content Manager then submit them. This will reset the DB the fix that problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work and effort that went into this track. I've been looking for a north american prototypical procedural track for some time.
I just replaced everthing on my WIP route and it looks great! Thank you!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Thanks for all the work and effort that went into this track. I've been looking for a north american prototypical procedural track for some time.
I just replaced everthing on my WIP route and it looks great! Thank you!

You are more than welcome! Also thanks for the great screenshot!

Bob

I tried searching for "missing rail" and couldn't come up with anything specifc... But I tried using your new PBR rails and on any of the "shiny" variants, this is what I get...
9zNUpHb.png

The left of each variant is the rusty rail version, the right is the shiny rail version... These were all laid from close to far from the camera, so it's the right rail as laid, and no, spinning the camera around to look at the other direction doesn't change which rail is missing.

Any thoughts? This is the first PBR track I've used personally, but having played around in the Canadian Rockies route, I can tell you the PBR track there doesn't exhibit this problem.

I tried searching for "missing rail" and couldn't come up with anything specifc... But I tried using your new PBR rails and on any of the "shiny" variants, this is what I get...

The left of each variant is the rusty rail version, the right is the shiny rail version... These were all laid from close to far from the camera, so it's the right rail as laid, and no, spinning the camera around to look at the other direction doesn't change which rail is missing.

Any thoughts? This is the first PBR track I've used personally, but having played around in the Canadian Rockies route, I can tell you the PBR track there doesn't exhibit this problem.

I have never seen this before. Have you tried a database rebuild?

Bob

Surprisingly that did help. Just more strange happenings with my computer... Thanks for the suggestion and this awesome track!

This track looks amazing. One thing I'm wondering though is if it is possible to make variations of it with different Ballast and tie colors. I've been trying to make some different Arizona railroads and I can't find any tracks that really fit in well. Most tracks here have much lighter colored ties than what you use and most shortlines here use a much darker ballast color. Would new variants of the tracks be possible?

This track looks amazing. One thing I'm wondering though is if it is possible to make variations of it with different Ballast and tie colors. I've been trying to make some different Arizona railroads and I can't find any tracks that really fit in well. Most tracks here have much lighter colored ties than what you use and most shortlines here use a much darker ballast color. Would new variants of the tracks be possible?

You are welcome to do so. Everything you need, to include the Blender project files, is in my <kuid2:439337:103187:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG Mesh Library-Revised.

Bob

I really love the look of the track, but I wish there was a matching ballast to go with it. Is there any chance you could make a matching PBR ballast to go with it?

Back