Trainz Plus Beta 106009 Available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Beta 105932 to Trainz Plus Beta 106009 is now available on the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

If you're wondering why the rapid turnaround of builds, it is because the programmer in charge of the Effect Layer tools is about to head off on paternity leave any day now. :)

So please give the tools a solid work out this weekend and let us know how you get on.

Even if you have never used the tools, now would be a good time to start (there's a new link to the updated Wiki pages - Topology > Advanced tab > Edit Effect layer).

Thanks again for your help and feedback.

Changelist:

* Spline point no longer shows red for "broken" procedural track junctions
* Effect layer preset "Overwrite current asset" and "Create new version of current asset" options working (modified assets only)
* Changing asset "modes" in a Surveyor tool no longer forgets latest selected asset
* Fixed a crash in session save
* Fixed a crash when using certain clutter settings

Last edited:
Downloaded and installed quickly, but ran into trouble almost immediately. I loaded up a WIP route which hung for an hour on compiling shaders, forced a close then ran a DBR. Restarted TRS19 and loaded the same route during which the PC crashed and rebooted. Upon further testing I am unable to replicate. All other routes appear to give no trouble.
- preview screen for TurfFX sometimes not showing a preview of the selected grass
No other issues discovered as yet.
cheers
Graeme

Installed and have had little issues so far, meaning no errors, however, it "feels" heavy and lacks the performance I've seen in previous versions. Nothing has changed on my hardware side.

Last edited:
Far more likely to be hardware related (as we've made a few minor bugs fixes only) - hotter room perhaps, something running in the background?

Far more likely to be hardware related (as we've made a few minor bugs fixes only) - hotter room perhaps, something running in the background?

Thanks for the info. I'll check my system for anything out of the ordinary. I wish it was a bit warmer though, which it's not. It's only -17 C here tonight with a high of 0 C tomorrow!

Downloaded & installed no problems

What did you do under the hood ?

Game now loads in about 10-12 seconds instead of minutes

Installed this version just to see and... the "CFD Locotractor" bug is back. So:

• 100240, 105096 and 105624: no bug
• 105100 and 106009: buggy.

Last edited:
What did you do under the hood ?
Game now loads in about 10-12 seconds instead of minutes
Nothing this end (well, nothing specific regarding loading).

"CFD Locotractor" bug is back.

Our test case is working fine (Original report: create a session with the CFD loco, save, exit, CTD - this no longer crashes).
Please provide the steps that cause the "bug".

Our test case is working fine (Original report: create a session with the CFD loco, save, exit, CTD - this no longer crashes).
Please provide the steps that cause the "bug".[/COLOR]

My oiginal report (Post #330 here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155941-TRS19-SP1-Now-LIVE/page22) was not: "create a session with the CFD loco, save, exit, CTD" but: "create a session with CFD loco, save it, run it, save ongoing session, CTD".

No new/different steps to provide, this is exactly the same issue as in original report. Same bug with author's original session.

Last edited:
After updating to 106009 still showing the following errors

CoreStrings kuid -3:10126 shows as "Base Missing deps" Missing kuid 44726:1005 "Achievment Variable Updater For Driver Achievments" which shows as Unknown Location

China Coal Heavy Haul kuid 447264:4 shows as "Buiit in Missing Deps"
Shows "unknown asset" for kuids 276266:1254, 276266:100099,276266:100091,276266:100098
CHN SS4 0747 kuid 276266:1261 shows as "Not Installed Payware Not Active"

Hi there. I am getting this error in build #106009. The game works fine despite it.
M8aqV5x
M8aqV5x
fga4tRt.png

Hi there. I am getting this error in build #106009. The game works fine despite it.
Yep we're aware of that Assertion. Nothing to worry about. (It will be fixed as a future minor optimisation). Meanwhile just click Continue and carry on.

CoreStrings kuid -3:10126 shows as "Base Missing deps"
CHN SS4 shows as "Not Installed Payware Not Active"
Thanks for the report. There's a configuration issue at our end. I have requested an update so it should be sorted Monday

"create a session with CFD loco, save it, run it, save ongoing session, CTD".
I misquoted/mistyped the repro steps in my reply. We can no longer reproduce the crash (i.e. with your steps as above), so it appears we've fixed one issue and there is something else involved in your repro that we're not testing for.
The best thing to do would be to submit a small test map so that we can investigate further.

I misquoted/mistyped the repro steps in my reply. We can no longer reproduce the crash (i.e. with your steps as above), so it appears we've fixed one issue and there is something else involved in your repro that we're not testing for.
The best thing to do would be to submit a small test map so that we can investigate further.

No need of a test map: the issue occurs on the original map as well as on any other one, with original session as well as with any other one.

No need of a test map: the issue occurs on the original map as well as on any other one, with original session as well as with any other one.

Sadly, that is not the case here, so we do require more information. It is possible that you have a different KUID installed for example, or there is something else in your session not included in ours, or, a myriad of other variations.

Here are the list of assets and deps used in our test case:

<kuid2:244265:101071:1> Attelage noir CFD library
<kuid:458053:102993> CFD locotractor brake needle night
<kuid:244265:101073> Attelage noir CFD front up
<kuid:458053:102994> CFD locotractor speedo needle night
<kuid:244265:101074> Attelage RB rear up
<kuid2:35848:400088:1> Koef 2 Enginesound
<kuid:244265:101080> locotracteur CFD X hornsound
<kuid:244265:101072> Attelage noir CFD down
<kuid2:200726:51003:3> OEBB 2095 engspec
<kuid2:244265:100100:1> Decauville TMB 15 vitre blanche lanterne
<kuid:244265:101060> CFD-X_BOGIE_metrique
<kuid2:458053:102973:1> CFD locotractor interior
<kuid:244265:100101> Decauville TMB 15 vitre rouge lanterne
<kuid:617560:100005> 1 - Default
<kuid2:244265:101059:3> CFD locotracteur X
<kuid2:458053:100307:1> De Dion NC driver

Here are the steps used:
Build 106009
* Create Route and Session with CFD locotracteur X loco
* Save in Surveyor
* Switch to Driver mode and drive the loco
* Save during drive (no crash)
* Exit
* Load the save game (no crash)
* Exit the session (no crash)

As previously noted, we're not seeing a problem, you are, therefore something is different in our test cases. You can provide one line answers telling us that we're wrong, but that won't actually help solve the problem.

• Using <kuid2:244265:101059:3> "CFD locotracteur X" (as downloaded from DLS, no modifications):

- it uses <kuid:-25:622> "invisible bogey", yours doesn't;
- yours uses <kuid:617560:100005> "1 - Default", mine doesn't (this asset doesn't exist in my TRS19).

• Here are the steps used:
Build 106009
* Create Route and Session with CFD locotracteur X loco --> Step 1 Create Session (*) on any existing route with CFD locotracteur X loco
* Save in Surveyor --> Step 2 Save (how could it be saved differently than in Surveyor?)
* Switch to Driver mode and drive the loco --> Step 3 Exit, start the session and drive the loco
* Save during drive (no crash) --> Step 4 Save during drive: crash The End​
* Exit
* Load the save game (no crash)
* Exit the session (no crash)

(*) No need to create a session, just use "Session diesel" from "Vivarais métrique 1960" route (both on DLS) to get a CTD in the same condition.

Last edited:
Still no luck crashing here with the CFD. My next suggestion is that you do an Extended db repair (this can take hours if you have a lot of content installed). But it will revalidate the assets and this seems to be the most likely cause of the problems now.

The other option prior to that is to do a quick test with a fresh local data folder, install the CFD X and try your repro. If this does not crash, then we know the issue lies somewhere in your existing local data folder assets.

Update: We have managed to get a crash when editing the Vivarais métrique 1960 route (but not when saving so possibly a different issue, or possibly related).

Last edited:
My next suggestion is that you do an Extended db repair

Already done.

The other option prior to that is to do a quick test with a fresh local data folder, install the CFD X and try your repro.

It can't be due to this folder, as there were no CTDs with it in Build 105624.

How can the dependencies for "CFD locotracteur X" be different between mine and yours as it comes from the DLS?

Here (Post #17) I put a screenshot of what I get when starting session "Locotractor X" ("CFD locotractor X" is different from "CFD locotracteur X") on "Vivarais métrique 1960" route: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-session-Locotracteur-X&p=1795596#post1795596

Back