Buy TS2019 ?

terater

Hello,

I am a fan of Trainz franchise, I own TS2006, 2009WBE and 12 and recently I saw that this new Trainz came out and I would like to try it, is it worth it ?
Actually my main goal is to create, does this new version offers an enough "basic" content (without DLCs) and is it compatible with older versions, like those I mentioned before ?

Thank you very much !

Terater

Hi Terater --

Create. As in routes and layouts?

Compatible? Generally yes -- most content that worked in TS12 works in TRS19.

Is it worth it? Absolutely. The new TRS19 track, the new PBR 3D textures and the TurfFX grasses are a significant improvements.

Enough basic content? Well, I managed to do this with just the built-in and Download Station content, and it shows how good PBR textures and TurfFX can be:

Phil

Hey Phil and thanks for your reply !

Yes by "create" I meant creating routes which was my main activity in TRS.

Your track looks really good you did an amazing job ! I see the textures improvement compared to older TRS versions.

You reassure me about the compatibility, I should not get a lot of trouble if I want to import some routes on TRS2019 then.

Hey Phil and thanks for your reply !

Yes by "create" I meant creating routes which was my main activity in TRS.

Your track looks really good you did an amazing job ! I see the textures improvement compared to older TRS versions.

You reassure me about the compatibility, I should not get a lot of trouble if I want to import some routes on TRS2019 then.

Be aware that TANE and TS19 performance are very much dependent on your GPU and they need directx 11. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php a 3D score of 10,000 is reasonable. Having said that Middleton for laytops will run with a score of 457.

Cheerio John

You may have some trouble importing routes from TS2009 and earlier. If you can import the route into TS12, then save it before importing into TRS2019, that almost always solves the problem. Some older assets might need small repairs before they will work in TRS2019. Older-version speedtrees are a problem - they have to be replaced with standard trees in TS12, then the route can be imported into TRS2019. Then you can, if required, replace those trees with the newer-version speedtrees.

You may have some trouble importing routes from TS2009 and earlier. If you can import the route into TS12, then save it before importing into TRS2019, that almost always solves the problem. Some older assets might need small repairs before they will work in TRS2019. Older-version speedtrees are a problem - they have to be replaced with standard trees in TS12, then the route can be imported into TRS2019. Then you can, if required, replace those trees with the newer-version speedtrees.

Approximately all of my routes are from TS12, I should make sure there isn't some speedtrees around then !

Back