When will TRS19 with SP1 be available on DVD

KenGreen

Will TRS19 be available on DVD with the SP1 installed. I have a very slow Broadband:1.3 Mbps and if TRS19 has A 12.5 GB program with 15 GB of built in files I calculate that would take 47 hours to download.

Ken

EDIT. A USB memory stick would probably be better than a DVD as a smaller run could be produced.

Last edited:
Probably when they run the box verion again through their printing partner.
In the mean time you can buy the digital copy now, wait for a few hours, then upgrade to the box version here https://store.trainzportal.com/products/shipping-only-trainz-railroad-simulator - or you can do it through a 3rd party site like Amazon.
Although it'll be a box copy, it'll still be online DRM, as there isn't a demand for the offline version of TRS19 (aka serial key).

Cheers

Thanks.
I've looked at the site but do not understand why we need to pretend we want the digital download and then go back and upgrade to the boxed version.
This is the original DVD which according to the reports when it was first released contained a lot of corruption.

Ken

Last edited:
Boxed version if and when they release it from N3V, will be up to date, not the original version. Third party suppliers? probably the old version, so not worth bothering with given the large number of updates required, some being 4 or 5GB.

Purchasers of boxed versions of TANE and TRS19 have always been allowed to download the digital version, nothing unusual there. Having access to the digital version is a must if you want to beta test at any time.

1.3Mbps is way below the minimum BT provide which should be at least in the 8 to 10 Mbps range. May be better off with a 4G router and a data sim which is what I was using at my previous location, drawback was it was capped at 30GB however, it was 60Mbps download when busy and 100Mbps after midnight. In fact I used it here while waiting for BT to install my Fibre which took around 6 months, just swapped from ADSL to 4G when downloading.

Although it'll be a box copy, it'll still be online DRM, as there isn't a demand for the offline version of TRS19 (aka serial key).

A rather odd statement... A number of us have been quite vocal here on the forums about the desire for non-DRM versions of Trainz. I certainly won't be upgrading to TS19 unless a DRM-free version is made available.

--Lamont

To answer the original question, shipping will begin on May 24th as stated on the order page at the bottom. ;o)

Boxed version if and when they release it from N3V, will be up to date, not the original version. Third party suppliers? probably the old version, so not worth bothering with given the large number of updates required, some being 4 or 5GB.

Purchasers of boxed versions of TANE and TRS19 have always been allowed to download the digital version, nothing unusual there. Having access to the digital version is a must if you want to beta test at any time.

1.3Mbps is way below the minimum BT provide which should be at least in the 8 to 10 Mbps range. May be better off with a 4G router and a data sim which is what I was using at my previous location, drawback was it was capped at 30GB however, it was 60Mbps download when busy and 100Mbps after midnight. In fact I used it here while waiting for BT to install my Fibre which took around 6 months, just swapped from ADSL to 4G when downloading.

Thanks Malc, I been holding out for the latest version but wondered if they were still going to produce a DVD.
I am with Sky (since 1992) and my Broadband is through BT and last year Sky asked an Openreach engineer to check my Broadband speed, he came out and replaced the outside wiring and installed a new socket inside the house which has seperate phone and Broadband sockets. The engineer tested it at a maximum of 1.7 Mbps and told me that some other users on our road also had slow Broadband speeds, one had less than me. He also said that the problem was the cabinet was full and he would report the slow speeds to his boss and the only solution was for Openreach to upgrade the system so curently all I can do is wait for them to do the upgrade.
Generally the slow speed is all I need as I do not stream movies or do anything else that needs a higher speed.

Ken

A rather odd statement... A number of us have been quite vocal here on the forums about the desire for non-DRM versions of Trainz. I certainly won't be upgrading to TS19 unless a DRM-free version is made available.

--Lamont

I too would like the DRM free, but that's what N3V told me back when TRS19 was first released that there wasn't a huge demand for it. Maybe if a DRM free post was made and several replies where made, then I guess they'll look into it..

Cheers

I'm in the same virtual boat. I'd really RATHER have a DRM-free version, but we don't seem to have a choice anymore.

Was that 24th May 2019 - the original one.

Ken

Oh so it was, Ooops! Not looking very good then as I may be wrong but haven't heard of anyone getting a boxed copy!

DVDs are a dying medium now though as many new PC's no longer have DVD drives or even space for them, took me ages to find a decent case with a DVD slot on my last PC build.

Even "boxed" copies of software in shops seem to be just a box with a Steam Key or a USB stick or download link.

Oh so it was, Ooops! Not looking very good then as I may be wrong but haven't heard of anyone getting a boxed copy!

DVDs are a dying medium now though as many new PC's no longer have DVD drives or even space for them, took me ages to find a decent case with a DVD slot on my last PC build.

Even "boxed" copies of software in shops seem to be just a box with a Steam Key or a USB stick or download link.

There must be plenty of people with slow Broadbands so it's a shame that DVDs are dying out, even with a speed of 10 Mbps it would take 6 hours to download TRS19.
My new desktop PC in a Coolermaster case has a DVD but my laptop does not. However I bought a USB DVD for £24 to rip CDs to iTunes.

Ken

Even though I have good internet and have already bought TRS19 I would still be keen to buy a DRM-free copy too.

I too would be very interested in a set of DRM free DVDs for SP1. I have the original TS2019 DVD release somewhere, but I heard it was buggy so I ended up never using it.

I would be suprised if there was going to be a DRM free version of TRS19 this was thrashed out in an earlier thread.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?150838-DVD-version&p=1730253#post1730253

I am more concerned that I will even be able to get TRS19 on DVD as it is impractical to download for 47. Hours. The fastest telephone Broadband in my area is 2.7 Mbps I just don't believe that all trainzers pay an arm and a leg for Superfast Broadband.

Ken

We are very fortunate here in New Zealand in that the government declared fast broadband to be an important economic resource and made the broadband providers smarten their ideas up and stop trying to milk fast broadband services for all they could get. So as a result my unlimited broadband plan is very affordable even though I'm on the pension. I am aware though that it's not like that for everyone which seems to make a strong arguement for TS2019 being available on DVDs.

Back