Derailed in Tutorial 08 - Train Brake

onlinedrifter

Hi, I was just going through Tutorial 08 - Train Brake when I derailed at the entrance of first tunnel. There is a kink of the rails at the entrance of said tunnel. Looking at the map, there looks to be a larger kink in the rails at the exit of the tunnel.

Could someone with a copy of the Platinum Edition please run the Tutorial 08 - Train Brake to confirm what I experienced.

It looks like a bug to me, but it maybe that I haven't downloaded all of DLC that comes with the Platinum Edition.

Thanks.

Tutorial 08 Derail @ tunnel screenshot

Hi, I was just going through Tutorial 08 - Train Brake when I derailed at the entrance of first tunnel. There is a kink of the rails at the entrance of said tunnel. Looking at the map, there looks to be a larger kink in the rails at the exit of the tunnel.

Could someone with a copy of the Platinum Edition please run the Tutorial 08 - Train Brake to confirm what I experienced.

It looks like a bug to me, but it maybe that I haven't downloaded all of DLC that comes with the Platinum Edition.

Thanks.
same here

https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/Bill_Brassky/TrainBrakeTutorialDerail_zpsbyg7nayp.png

Thanks for the report. We've fixed the problem in our internal build and the fix will be in the next update.

Meanwhile if you're keen you can Edit the session (which will prompt you to clone the route), then fix the track simply by selecting the move tool and moving the track (it will snap into place).

You can then save and switch to driver to run the saved version.

(I realize this isn't the ideal situation but offering a workaround which opens your Trainz world experience).

Thanks for the report. We've fixed the problem in our internal build and the fix will be in the next update.

Meanwhile if you're keen you can Edit the session (which will prompt you to clone the route), then fix the track simply by selecting the move tool and moving the track (it will snap into place).

(I realize this isn't the ideal situation but offering a workaround which opens your Trainz world experience).

Thanks Tony. I hope you also found the other kink at an exit of another tunnel.

As I told cobbweb, I did manage to get through the entrance by going at 1 m.p.h, so I kept going and found the second kink at the exit of another tunnel.

Thanks for the workaround, but at the moment, creating or editing a route is way over my head. Maybe in the future.

Achievement

I was able to figure out edit of the route, but the Clone message also notes, you won't get your Achievement. :(

I only had the first tunnel entrance to correct, and was able to complete the Tutorial. You mention it will be a fix in the next update, is that the next Trainz build (I am at 105100) or a build of K'Country which has to be updated separately? I only installed Trainz19 last week so my downloads should be relatively recent.

(Aside - I am new to Trainz2019 but I had Trainz-12 which I seldom used, and also Trainz from 2002 - but I'd still call myself inexperienced since I never had time to dig so deeply into the earlier Trainz. It certainly has come a long way though!)

Thanks.

Back