Revert to T:ANE

ecco

I put many hours into revising msgapper's excellent Clinchfield Route. I am now getting constant CTDs to the point that I am giving up on T19 and going back to T:ANE. I made CPD's of the Route/Session and of the Route by itself. When, in T:ANE, I Import Content Files, I get 0 errors. When I look at the list of available Routes, it is not there.

Am I doing something wrong or can a T19 Route not be ported into T:ANE?

I'd hate to lose all the work I did, but I'm OK with starting over with a different Route if necessary.

Do you have compatibility mode checked? (if there is one)

There is one.

Trainz Settings ---->
Dev tab
Compatibility mode: Maximise compatibility.

Constant CTD's is usually a sign of something else going on such as a corrupted asset or a bad asset somewhere. I recommend running a DBR outside of the one caused by the crash.

The whole file system is different in TRS19. Plus it is version 4.6. When using TANE you cannot download TRS19 (v4.6) files cause they are way too different and there are a lot more of them. TANE is version 4.5.

OK. Thanks all. I guess I'll go back to T:ANE and find a new Route to fiddle with.

I realize that the constant CTDs are probably caused by something I have done. However, there is no way to find the problem. DBR (with Ctl) have not solved the problem.

So it's goodbye T-19 and hello (again) T:ANE.

Might get a clue in TRS19 by looking at the log and see what happened just before the crash, could be a clue there.

Send us the route and we'll take a look.

The usual steps are to disable dependencies to see if that solves the problem, then re-enable groups of assets and retest each time.

Ultimately you find that "Asset XYX" is the problem (normally a scripted or animated asset). We can generally then find a code fix to resolve the issue or sometimes it requires a content update.

Might get a clue in TRS19 by looking at the log and see what happened just before the crash, could be a clue there.
The log is very interesting. I cleared it and then initiated the loading of a Route/Session.

Is there any way to save a log and/or copy/paste segments of the log?

Send us the route and we'll take a look.

Should I make separate cdps for the Route and the Session or a combined one? After I have the CDP, how do I send it to you?

The usual steps are to disable dependencies to see if that solves the problem, then re-enable groups of assets and retest each time.

I have no idea what that means or how to do it.

Ultimately you find that "Asset XYX" is the problem (normally a scripted or animated asset). We can generally then find a code fix to resolve the issue or sometimes it requires a content update.

The CTD's occur while in Surveyor mode and while QuickDriving.

The CTD's occur when clicking Exit Driver.

Last edited:
Stick the cdp or cdps on Google Drive or One Drive or Dropbox and sent them a link. I'd send the route and session as separate cdps.

Might need to include any dependency not on the DLS.

Is there any way to save a log and/or copy/paste segments of the log?

It's just text so you can copy and paste. Check all the boxes in the Dev page of Settings in Launcher. This will produce a lot of information but there is a filter option within the Log page.

Back