Purchased DLC download file size?

onlinedrifter

Hi all. New to Trainz (3 days) and loving it so far.

After downloading the basic download of TRS 2019 Platinum Edition, my available data for my current billing month is limited. New billing month starts on the 19th.

So my question is: Is there anyway to find out the download file size of each of my purchased DLC BEFORE I commit to the download?

Knowing the file size before I start the download could save me $10 (Australian dollars) per GB if I go over my data limit.

BTW I am still working through the tutorials.

Thanks for your help.

It is a bit difficult to know the size of a download because although the route size might be given there are also the dependencies to be added on to the total download. I had years of limited data before my ISP came up with an unlimited plan.

Cheers,
Bill69

There is no way of knowing unless N3V publishes a list. At the moment my TRS19 Platinum main folder is 13.5 GB and the data folder is at 79 GB. I have more than just the basic assets installed.

William

Thanks for your help guys.

Looks like I'll have to wait until after the 19th to do more downloads of purchased DLC. I will have 60GB of data available on my internet plan then.

I currently have 11GB remaining with 6 days to go (as of this post) on my current billing cycle. That has to be shared with all internet use.

Most DLC routes seem to be less than 10 GB and the model train routes are much smaller, like less than 5 GB and rolling stock or locos are less than 1 GB in most cases.

William

Thanks for the info wreeder.

Sorry I took so long to reply. My remaining data was very low so I stayed off the internet. I solved that problem by getting a new data plan with a lot more data per month.

Internet connection uses 4G wireless.

I have now download all the DLC that comes with TRS 2019 Platinum Edition. I just have to install my RailDriver and I'll be happy.

Glad to hear it is all good. We had our own adventures with Internet access in Victoria when we visited in 2015.

William

Back