Trainz Plus Q1 Beta - 105932 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Update: There is a known crash in editing saved session in KSC2. As this appears to be route specific, we've now released the build for further testing

The build is a two stage patch from Trainz Plus Q1 Beta 105674 to 105747 then to 105932 [then to the next build we're working on now). This will be available on the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

This update brings us very close to the final stages of this beta test cycle. The Turffx and Clutter effect layer tools are complete (bar any issues you identify and report to us), and we're finishing off some Multiplayer fixes plus a few known issues, then we should be ready to release the official version "real soon".

Changelist:

• Move Help link for Turffx editing window to Preview pane
  • Add some help text to explain only one window shows turffx at a time
  • Game clock now runs correctly
  • Can now "select" any of the MP sessions and see the description
  • Track Priority Markers now default to "2"
  • Portals (at certain configuration) no long pop cars into the air
  • Fixed Script object init assertion then crash during Route merge
  • Updated effect asset versions now supported
  • Fixed a NamedObjectTable assertion
  • Modifying effect layers no longer removes existing data (but shows message to indicate data corruption)

Known issues:
  • Crash when editing a Driver save session (currently limited to KSC2)
  • Cannot join a MP game (fixed for next update)
  • Importing route has 0 height and no textures (older format routes)
  • CTD, TrackJunctionManager> references outstanding. will crash
  • Spline point no longer shows red for "broken" procedural track junctions
  • Surveyor-only roads no longer generate traffic outside of Surveyor

Last edited:
OK, I have just belatedly updated from 105100 to 105674, went without a hitch (except for the End of Session thingy).
Looking forward to taking this to 105747 and onwards.

Surveyor Menus Build 105932

When laying track and setting spacing the following happens

I have selected the following in ( track Mode ) and ( Track Side Mode )

Select track <kuid2:661281:44227:11> TRS19 Track Concrete 3 Procedural – Seasonal

Select track Guide <kuid2:70337:23002:4> Guide 5t 5m spacing

When I lay some track then select the spacer to align the track when I go back to track to continue the next section of track to be laid I have to use ( get track ) or ( get spacer ) every time I want to change between the two

This is starting to get very annoying having to re select every time you change menus. Why won't it hold the select item until another is selected ?

Last edited:
Hmm .. the "Default to last used asset" appears to be re-broken. This is exactly why we do external testing (as it takes ~200 hours to run through our list of test cases), and thanks for the report.

Back