Trigger check question

valbridge

Rail Tragic
As 'wait for trigger' is no longer available for TANE SP4 can 'trigger check' perform similar function?

What I'd like to do is this...
Lets imagine we have a train in the station [a] and another approaching the station and we want train 'b' to trigger the departure of train 'a'. With wait for trigger that was a simple instruction. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to achieve this using trigger check.

Can someone give me direction here.
Thanks,
Val.

Here is one way to do it.

• Place a track trigger in front of the station on the same side as "b" is approaching.
  • The trigger is monitored by a Trigger Check Rule and is activated when train "b" (the driver or the loco is identified in the rule as the triggering "device") crosses it.
  • Under the Trigger Check Rule is a child rule, a Driver Schedule Rule, that is set to assign the driver of "a" a new schedule that will make his/her consist move out of the station.

The Trainz Wiki contains a number of pages and links dealing with this:-

Driver Schedule Rule

Using the Session Editor

Using Track Triggers

As 'wait for trigger' is no longer available for TANE SP4 can 'trigger check' perform similar function?

Thanks,
Val.

I find <kuid2:57344:80001:5> WaitForTrigger available in both my original updated TANE install and my TANE Beta install.

Perhaps you need to select it in the Driver Command rule in order to have it available in session creation or operation.

If it is really not there, something odd has happened. Try downloading it from DLS.

Good luck,

:B~)

I agree. "Wait for Trigger" is built in to TANE SP4

Do a CM search for
Name: Wait
Category: Script
Installed: True

I find <kuid2:57344:80001:5> WaitForTrigger available in both my original updated TANE install and my TANE Beta install.

Perhaps you need to select it in the Driver Command rule in order to have it available in session creation or operation.

If it is really not there, something odd has happened. Try downloading it from DLS.

Good luck,

:B~)

Yes, it is installed on my system but it does not show in Driver commands even though it is selected, so I really fail to understand why.
pware thanks, your suggestion worked just fine.

Addendum: It seems that the session I was working on had some issues. Creating a new session gave access to both UnPortal and Wait for Trigger commands. I'll just need to redo the session I was working on.

Last edited:
If a driver command disappears or fails to show then the usual cause is a timeout which results from too many calculations being needed to be performed in the allotted time.

For Wait for Trigger the culprit is usually too many triggers or too many trains. When # Triggers multiplied by # trains is too high then the script stops working and a red bug displays, provided that the relevant option is enabled in the Dev page of the launcher.

What I'd like to do is this...
Lets imagine we have a train in the station [a] and another approaching the station and we want train 'b' to trigger the departure of train 'a'. With wait for trigger that was a simple instruction. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to achieve this using trigger check.

Can someone give me direction here.
Thanks,
Val.
I recall having answered this several times in the past. Due to frustration on the timeout bug affecting the "wait for trigger" command, I use the "trigger check" and child rules. They work quite well and you can do more things than the "trigger check".

Yes, it is installed on my system but it does not show in Driver commands even though it is selected, so I really fail to understand why.
pware thanks, your suggestion worked just fine.

Addendum: It seems that the session I was working on had some issues. Creating a new session gave access to both UnPortal and Wait for Trigger commands. I'll just need to redo the session I was working on.

I have found it necessary to do this occasionally...
  • Delete the rule from the list of commands.
  • Uncheck the rule in the list of all available rules.
  • Exit Trainz.
  • Launch Trainz.
  • Check the rule in the list of all available rules.
...it seems to remind the system that you want the rule.

Back