Eagle River Changes

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So I just installed Eagle River yesterday and I'm already making changes. The only significant change is that there is no connection to the 'Outside World', no portals, staging yards, etc. I solved that problem by adding a car float in Beaver Cove, next to the mill. The other things I've done is add felix_g's 'FG MovUnload Coal (10mph)' at the mill and 'FG MovLoad Coal (5mph)' at the coal tipple in Keane to simulate a coal-fired lumber mill. I also replaced the JR Multi Industry used to load and unload the commodity 'Woodchips' with msgsapper's 'Woodchips_Loader_Interactive_with_effects' at Camp B and Myrtle Creek, and 'Woodchips_Unloader_Interactive_with_effects' at the lumber mill in Beaver Cove. My next step is to replace the other JR Multi Industry used to load and unload the custom logs commodities included in Eagle River to msgsapper's 'SAP_BI3_Wood_and_Lumber', and use the last four empty queues for the two commodities already being used on Eagle River and the MLOGs on the Eagle River Skeleton log car found on Trainz Forge's website. I also ran into a problem that I encountered on Coal Country: The TRC Crossings would not work. I had to rename them, in numerical order, from Beaver Cove to Keane, to get them to work. I also replace some of the 'TRC Invisible Rail Crossing 90' with Scottish's 'DMT UK Self Build Restricted Traffic Zone', specifically at crossings where they are not at 90 degree angles to the track. I've also added 'PL CDK JR Diesel fuel point' and 'PL CDK JR Diesel sand delivery point' to the shops at Keane. I also added 'BI2 Steam Locomotive Short', and bendorsey's 'Fuel_Oil_Dock', next to the shop at Keane, as it has the commodity 'Fuel Oil', which is used by the logging mallets available from Trainz Forge. I also added some animated animals in downtown Beaver Cove. So far that's all the planned changes to Eagle River, there may be more in the future, but I don't want to change it to where it looks nothing like the original.

I recently ran my modified version of Eagle River with the ferry barge and noticed one problem that I didn't notice in Surveyor: Though the dead-end track in Beaver Cove is long enough for two GP40-2's and three Reefer trinity trincool 64ft CEFX DES reefers, it is not long enough for the switch BC15 to be unlocked, so I need to move the bumper at the end of the track and adjust the switch radius to get the switch to unlock with the two GP40-2's and three reefers, which get loaded at the wharf with frozen fish. This is part of a FIVE AND A HALF HOUR SESSION that involves unloading the ferry barge, which is loaded with: Three CEFX reefers destined for the wharf at Beaver Cove to be loaded with frozen fish, three RPPX hoppers to be loaded at the mine outside of Keane, three ERSX hoppers to be loaded at the quarry loadout at Chidlow, two BNSF flatcars loaded with heavy equipment destined for the dealership in Keane, and a ERSX boxcar destined for the Team Track in Keane to be loaded with general goods. There are also 4 ERSX flatcars on a nearby siding that you use to reach onto the barge, as the GP40-2's are to heavy to go onto the ferry apron, and are definitely too heavy to go onto the ferry barge. Once you've assembled the train, head to Keane and began deliver the ERSX boxcar to the team track, the two BNSF flatcars to the unloading ramp, the RPPX hoppers to the coal mine outside Keane, then reassemble your train, have the Brake Control Car and locomotives switch ends, then head towards Beaver Cove, stopping and switching the quarry at Chidlow on the way. Before you proceed to Beaver Cove, you need to stop your train in the lumber yard and take only the three CEFX reefers and Brake Control Car, leaving the rest of the train behind, as the siding in Beaver Cove is too short for the whole train. Once you've gotten to Beaver Cove, take the reefers and load them with frozen fish at the wharf and then return to the lumber yard and reassemble the train. Then proceed back to the branch to the mill to load the cars back onto the ferry barge to be sent back to the outside world, using the 4 ERSX flatcars to load the ferry barge.

Back