Limit to number of drivers

Is there a limit to the number of drivers you can have? I have a large layup with a large number of drivers/consists. When I now go into Driver Setup - Edit, the driver setup window is blank as if I've lost all my drivers. There is just a message to say "the following drivers are available please wait" but nothing happens. If I go back to my layup and delete one of my consists, the driver setup window is okay again and I have all my drivers back. I get the impression that I have reached a limit as to the number of drivers I can have is this the case?

You did not specify how many drivers you have. I suspect the answer (if there is one) will depend on available system memory amongst other things.

One possible cause of your problem and its solution may be found on the Trainz Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Driver_Setup_Rule. Scroll down to the section on Adding New Drivers.

I was under the impression that this issue was fixed for TRS19 - perhaps not. In which case the workaround detailed in the link should solve your problem.

Edit Driver Commands.
Put your cursor into the yellow gray area toward the left.
Scroll Down - all the way down.
You'll see some options:
Check Remove all existing drivers first.
UnCheck Generate new drivers for empty trains. Having this unchecked lets you put (scenic) locos in yards and turntables without cluttering up the screen.

ETA: RE: Remove all existing drivers first. I have no idea what this actually does, but it does not remove your existing drivers. I have the same drivers with names I've given them and they are always there.

Last edited:
Back