NZR Ab Class Steam Loco

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but obviously I think so. Feel free to move it, if not.

There is a lack of NZ Steam engines, but then I guess the demand for 3ft 6in gauge is small. Anyway, the real point of this post is because in Tane, the SP4 update has broken the tender for this model, made by Billegula who is sadly no-longer with us. I've got another (paid) version but this is rather inaccurate, fittings on the wrong side, incorrect sizes of front steps over cowcatcher, extra sides to same - they don't exist, etc etc..

So I have a two part question. First, noting no mention of copyright on the original model, is it rude to ask if it can be updated? I certainly don't want to tread on anyones' memory or copyright. Second question if the first isn't a no-no, can someone update the model for Tane SP4? Before you say, "do it yourself", I have no skills in this area, am getting a bit old to learn and have my hands full making routes and sessions. I am prepared to pay for this if it doesn't require a bank robbery! I would then want it on the DLS for all to enjoy. Obviously, if that isn't possible, starting from scratch would be the long version. Tall order, or what?

If this is at all possible, PM me with details. I am open to suggestions, apart from the one where I bet my head against a brick wall. :hehe:

Back