Station announcements!

shezza2

Hi all, I have just put some stations on my layout and clicked on some station announcements but they are not announcements as such just annoying bing bongs!! BUT how do I get rid of them I have looked all over but cant seem to find anyway of getting rid of them.......Thanks

To get rid of sounds like that, you need to edit your config.txt files for the assets.

This is all done in content manager.

Clone the station.
Edit the config.txt.
Change the name from "new asset" to something of your liking by editing the username. Keep stuff as formatted including the quotes.
Remove the sound container.

Containers have curly brackets {,} surrounding the section. You need to remove both and the stuff in the middle too.

Once done, save the config.txt.
Submit the asset.
Check for errors.

If none, go on and have fun, else troubleshoot your problem.

Keep in mind that built-in and payware assets can't be edited. This only applies to DLS and third-party assets.

Yup, I had one placed at a station on my route. Drove me crazy for years! I spent hours searching for that thing!

As pitkin stated, search Content Manager for sound files named station. Highlight the file then goto top menu, select "disable" and its gone forever.

The problem with those type of assets are there is no visible representation of it on the map/route/board. There should be a "surgeon generals warning" clearly placed on the outside of the box.

Randall

Oh yeah those things too.

I spent hours, and I mean hours searching for a coughing child that sounded like he or she had a case of pneumonia. The cough was so loud I could hear it miles away. Eventually I found the sound-producer. It was a tiny, triangle thing tucked under a building. I had to go to grid view where I saw it. I then moved the building out of the way and deleted it. I had a bunch of others too on the route that drove me crazy as well all similarly tucked under things, making them difficult to find.

Not sounds, but similar. Watch out for geese or ducks. It's a nice asset of geese or ducks flying around. The asset its self is a tiny triangle with the birds attached. The problem is you don't see the birds when you first place the object so you think it doesn't stick so you place another, then another, then another. When you finally see the birds flying around, it's like gigantic gaggles of geese. Once played, these little triangle bases are difficult to find and click on so like sound use them sparingly.

If all else fails, you can use the brute force hash search. Disable half the assets on your route/session. Then keep disabling the remaining halves until the sound goes away. Then hash the segment that had the sound until you find it.

The Sound Objects that I have placed accidentally or just to see what they sound like (kids playing, waterfall,etc) are completely visible, and deletable, in Wireframe (F9) mode.

Back