Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Detail containers...

Some idea about the detail in the doors. Have the rubber door seal in the middle with a steel strip bolted on LOL
    Last edited by mrscsi; February 9th, 2020 at 12:57 AM.

Damn, so happy to see you just went straight into this!

They looking good! Can't wait to see em with some PBR!

Cool

I like the looks of your retooling the Containers Sir, and I will not complain, nor demand.

Respect and understanding go a long ways.........

I remember going to company meeting with several high level superiors, and out the gate, they told us one important thing? if you have a problem come up, be prepared to have a solution when you bring it up for discussion........I was too young and green back then, couldn't put it all together, now I do......We are all part of the solution in one form or another..........

Keep up the good work.......

Just looking at the best method now. this one super detailed and I have done some others that use a really nice corrugated material I have in substance painter. The second one is easier to color and logo, but for some reason when I spit it out the door hardware is black for some reason and not metal...

It all looks great in substance but one put into TRS the door hardware turns black...

So that is a step back for the moment. It has got to be something I am doing wrong and I will figure it out and yeah once I get one done then 40 will just be reskinning LOL
    Last edited by mrscsi; February 12th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.

And of course at 400 meters we get a box LOL

Last edited by mrscsi; February 12th, 2020 at 02:10 PM.

Ok new pics and pretty much final and will now go to making the different colors and logos... Oh and yeah the logo here is just for an example not meant to be prototypical...

You can see the nice 3d hardware on the door

As you can see it is fairly detailed down to the stove bolt heads to attach to the doors

Nice 3D rust and rot thanks to Substance painter so done in PBR they are gonna look so much better than the 2D textured ones we have now...

Now I am in no way disparaging the fine work since day one with containers, this is just something I can get done quick in PBR so I am re-learning asset creation for trainz as well as contributing

They are coming along

Getting really close only 12 more to put logos on...

Got the building done, testing done so I know the config text will work and sizing is good NOW the fun begins. I am gonna make substance painter textures with different rust and damage in different colors made, probably 4 or 5 rust and damage combos of each color.

Once that is done then it will just take exporting them all with the right skins and getting them in a single drop in asset of about 20 or 30 of each size, 20,40, 43,45,48 and 53 foot with all but the 53 foot being SC size or 8'6" high and the 53 is 9'6" high.

This way you can drop in 1 asset of each size into a car or industry track and get a assortment of different color containers...

Depending on how long it takes for me to title them with logos and markings will determine release date.

United States of America, California, Del Mar

Those containers look excellent, now just need a TRS19 flatbed to carry them in!
    Creator of TRS19 QR PB15, TRS19 Class 37 Cab, TRS19 Class 47 Cab
    Admin of: https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

Well they fit the older JR well cars

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mrscsi View Post
    Well they fit the older JR well cars
    My hat is off to you Sir,

They look really nice with your added details.............Keep up the good work.......

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Very nicely done.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Once I get all the little details sorted I can run off 5 or 10 of each color and add logos last. I can get different rust and damage each time since the materials I am using most of not all have randomize buttons so I can get a different look on each one.

Ok been battling back and forth trying to use a material for the ribs and while I could fake it with a bump when you laid graphics and/or rust or grunge it would get funky throwing off light the wrong way...

So I decided to put in actual ribs on the model and I think the result is much better especially in regards to the way light bounces off the model.