cdp files

jerry19

please be nice I am 81 years young got trainz 2004 when it first came out, few months ago installed it again and the cdp files work great with a green icom but somehow it turn blue and when I try to open them no go, maybe someone would let me know what to do thanks:'(

Hi Jerry. I remember you from ages ago. I got TRS2004 around the same time as well and haven't stopped Trainzing since.

The icon turned blue... Are you double-clicking fast enough on it, or just selecting the icon? I've done that before more often than not by not double-clicking fast enough on the application icon.

thanks but double clicking did not help, when I click on file it ask me what to open it with and before it had a green icon to open it with but thanks a lot

thanks but double clicking did not help, when I click on file it ask me what to open it with and before it had a green icon to open it with but thanks a lot

Start TANE, Select Manage Content, click on File, and select Import Content Files. Browse to the CDP folder, and select it. Tane will open the file and place it in Content Manager.

Joe

You are generally better off importing with CM because Windows may be pointing to another CM in the system.

need help on how to Set Signal Ahead to be Automatic, can it be done on 2019

Hi Jerry it should be. What particular signals are you using?

There are automatic type signals already in Trainz. Jointed Rail Type 05's are advance, or approach type signals and so are their Type 06 D (D for distant) which I think you are looking for. Also look for RRSignal's offerings. His are a bit difficult to understand at first, but once you figure them out they're easy. 3-3-3 means three-lights over 3-lights, over 3-lights, for example. An i means interlocking and a means approach. You are interested in the approach type.

need help on how to Set Signal Ahead to be Automatic, can it be done on 2019

Hi Jerry - Do you mean you are trying to use the Driver Command Set Signal Ahead <kuid2:368725:60003:6>? That can set the next signal to whatever state you want but doesn't work with all signals. Double-click the selected asset in Content Manager to see the instructions.

I don't know if it works in TRS 19. Can someone with that platform check if it operates, please?

Generally, all signals operate in automatic unless otherwise instructed.

Hope that helps - Trevor

finding old files

is there away too retrieve old locomotive files from a previous trainz game with out having them saved on the computer as i must of spent hours on a fictional rr called the occa back in the 2010s repainting locomotives and rolling stock thanks in advance

Back