Cancel Silver-what is lost, what is locked?

boleyd

I have some routes I acquired from the Trainz Content Vault (Silver Annual Rental). Should I elect to allow the Silver annual rental to expire will these Trainz Content Vault items be blocked? Will they be erased? Or, will I forever be prevented from erasing them due to payware status? :confused:

The routes and content will enter into neither-either place. You can't access them due to being on rental, however, should you decide to sign up again they'll become available as if you never lost them. There's a lot of companies doing this now and it's not just N3V. I've been looking at MAGIX Samplicity for audio editing. I can "rent" it for about $12 a month, cancel my subscription until I need it again, and all my projects are there just as they were before and ready to go.

If you have Plus and "Content Store" you can "Un-install" routes there. Might make things a little "cleaner" on your PC if you install routes first, I don't know. But I would think JCitron correct in that surely N3V has accounted for "clean" dropped memberships.

Should I elect to allow the Silver annual rental to expire will these Trainz Content Vault items be blocked?
>>
Yes, or more accurately "access will be removed"

Will they be erased?
>>
No, they will remain installed in your /packages folder in your local data folder and will appear as "Installed, Payware (Not Active)" in Content Manager.

Will I forever be prevented from erasing them due to payware status?
>>
You can manually delete DLC payware by deleting the folders from /packages and running a db repair. Or if you have Trainz Plus, you can uninstall from the Content Store window.

Leaving the items installed an not activated isn't too different to leaving a book on the bookshelf. It takes up a little bit of room, but as long as you've got room on the shelf (or in this case on your hard drive), there is no harm at all in leaving it there.

Ok, perfectly clear.... I have no near-term thought of canceling anything. BUT the USA Government is possibly going to reduce benefits for the elderly as a cost saving measure. Trainz would be the last thing to go as an offset..

I understand the subscription process as a way to stabilize income. However, I do believe that the prices are too high. Once the costs of production are covered the ongoing sales are high margin. That should more than cover overhead. Perhaps a one-time sale of the various metallic, and other , packages would inspire me to Go-Gold. Too high right now.

Back