A couple of questions

rmdk

TRS 2019 version 105674

I am pretty sure this first question has been asked before. but I have searched and can't find it, so:

• How do you get rid of the graph over the rolling stock which displays amount of load of each unit?

• The next question is in regard to the "chase" camera. Very recently it has become locked immediately over the top of the loco/rolling stock it is focused on.
It can be rotated etc to view surrounds from this point.
It is misbehaving, in that, I can't move it to the side of the moving (or stationary) train to view the train from different angles as the train moves along the track.
Using other cameras provide the angles as such, but they remain stationary while the train passes.

Hope that makes sense.

Russell

Hi Russell
For the commodities graph/overlay, you can turn this off by going into the 'display' menu, then go to 'commodity overlays' and click on the option you would prefer.

For the chase camera, do you mean the #2 view, or the #3 view?

Regards

Hello Zec,

It is the #2 view. Just started happening recently.

Also, do the error messages that pop up in the beta version automatically get sent to nv3?

Thanks for for your help - much appreciated.

Russell

Hi Rmdk22
Could you please confirm for me if this issue is occurring in all sessions, or only some?

Are you able to change to a different camera mode (ie drone view), and then control the camera view position?

For the assertion messages, these are not sent to us automatically. At this stage, if you are seeing a bug or issue around the time that the assertion message appears, then please submit a report via our bug report form ( https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu ), then click on 'continue' (you can do this after simply taking a screenshot if you wish). Otherwise if you aren't seeing any bugs or issues around the time the assertion appears then it should be fine to click continue without needing to report it.

Regards

Hello again Zec,

U
nfortunately
I
only
have backups back to 2/2/20 - was thinking all was OK so I deleted previous backups:confused:.

This problem is also showing up in the backups. When asked to accept changes or revert, I didn't revert, and accepted changes before realising what I was doing. Again stupid me.

I suspect that it may be an issue for me following the latest beta update. But I am only computer savvy to the extent of getting myself into trouble.

I can change to the different camera modes at will. The drone camera follows the train but I can't get to to rotate to watch the end of the train from the front end or vice versa. This was something I could do with the chase camera #2.
I can move the position of the drone in relation to the train.

Camera #2 just wants to sit atop the selected loco/rolling stock, rotate from this position (and up/down) and not move as previously was the case.

I am having a very senior moment (more like day). Can you tell me where to find the display menu for the commodity overlay?

Regards,

Russell

Last edited:
I am having a very senior moment (more like day). Can you tell me where to find the display menu for the commodity overlay?

Regards,

Russell

Not a senior moment here... they moved the buttons and this is done in Driver.

To disable the commodity display, click on the computer monitor icon to the right of the spanner and screw driver.

You'll find Commodity Overlays.

There are options such as Always Hidden at the top, which is probably what you want.

Camera #2 just wants to sit atop the selected loco/rolling stock, rotate from this position (and up/down) and not move as previously was the case.

Just a thought, but what is the name of the track asset you are on?

Could you also please try running the '01 highland limited' session on Kickstarter County 2. Once the camera movements at the start finish, and you're able to drive the loco forward, does the #2 camera view work as expected?

Regards

Thanks John, that has cleared the 'commodity load' thingy up.

Zec, it must have been the track I had recently replaced with the bulk asset replacement tool that caused the camera #2 problem.
I went to "
'01 highland limited' session on Kickstarter County 2" as you suggested. Seeing camera #2 working as it should and realising your thoughts on the track, I replaced the track I had (TRS19 TRK Concrete - Tunnel - Not Seasonal), with the track in Kickstarter county. This resulted in camera #2 once again behaving as it should in my route and sessions.

Thank both of you very much for your assistance. I am sure most TRS users appreciate the help that is made available.

Russell

Did some quick research. The TRS19 Concrete-Tunnel-Not Seasonal asset seems to be really recognized as a tunnel, therefore the camera in chase mode switches to tunnel view. This is why the camera will not move while on this type of track. The locked over the top is normal for tunnels...

Hi rmdk22
That'll definitely be it. The track you used is a 'tunnel' track (generally used within tunnel assets, but also often used within engine sheds or similar). The main function of these is to turn off the smoke on steam locomotives (unless you have 'enable physx simulation' turned on), and to move the camera to the top of the locomotive.

Regards

I had same problem when i did bulk asset with another track.Cam 2 works without zooming or working around the locomotive. By accident I chose the tunnel track and then happened this. Fix this with changing another track which is not tunnel version. Sorry about my English :)

Back