Getting 2010 routes

burty65

Old routes from TS10 and TS12 are they worth to import..

New to the forum. Hopefully this is the right section...

Question:

I recently purchased TRS19 back in November, and while looking into my box of old software for TS12 i also found I already had TS2010.

Is there any way to get the routes out of the cd's and install them into TRS19?

Is that worth it? Will they run?

Do I need to register TS12 and TS2010 (serial numbers) to have the routes available in my download? How does it work?

Appreciate any help...

Regards

Burt

Last edited:
Hi Burt. You can by installing TS2010/TS12 in turn, saving the relevant routes before exporting them with their sessions as CPD files before importing them into TRS19 'but' their assets are likely so dated you will have a lot of working updating them to function correctly in TRS19. I have migrated routes from TS2010 to TS12 to T:ANE to TRS19 and as others will tell you it can have its issues.

Many of the built in routes have been updated and carries forward into the later releases of Trainz, other are available on the DLS for downloading together with hundreds of other and perhaps even better routes which may be worth exploring first. Peter

Thanks mate.. That actually was my major concern, as in a lot of work for not much result.. I don't even have them installed, so I think I'll follow your suggestion and look for newer routes

I'm really new to all this stuff (I always just played the game as it was (vanilla), but my understanding was that to access DLS I have to pay a monthly fee and if I stop pay, everything I downloaded is not longer available until I pay again.. Am I correct in this? The paying system is really confusing for a new user...

Who ever changed the title of my thread, didn't really understood or even read my question... No one wants to get 2010 routes... That was a bit silly...

Access to the DLS is free at a slow speed with a daily quota of 100 MB. You can purchase a First Class Ticket that removes the speed limit and the quota. You should have received a two day ticket free with your purchase of TRS19. You can activate it here. https://www.auran.com/planetauran/AT_display_tickets.php

I normally buy a 6 month ticket myself or stock up when they are on sale.

Subscribers get a first class ticket as well as access to DLC that is not on the DLS. That is the service that goes away when you stop the subscription.

Since you purchased the game it is yours forever as is anything you download from the DLS.

William

Access to the DLS is free at a slow speed with a daily quota of 100 MB. You can purchase a First Class Ticket that removes the speed limit and the quota. You should have received a two day ticket free with your purchase of TRS19. You can activate it here. https://www.auran.com/planetauran/AT_display_tickets.php

I normally buy a 6 month ticket myself or stock up when they are on sale.

Subscribers get a first class ticket as well as access to DLC that is not on the DLS. That is the service that goes away when you stop the subscription.

Since you purchased the game it is yours forever as is anything you download from the DLS.

William

Yes I did receive a ticket...

Perhaps I'm not reading this right.. Can you explain what this FAQ's actually mean?

• You can cancel your membership at any time.
  • When you cancel, you continue to have access to everything you are entitled to until your membership period expires.
  • After your membership expires, when you next log in to Trainz the DLC items accessed via your membership will show as “Not Active”.
    These “Not Active” items will remain as "placeholders" in any routes or sessions you have created. They can be removed completely by using the "Delete Missing Assets" option.
  • In the case of Trainz access, it will say “Not authorised” when you try to log in.

If I read the above correctly, that doesn't continue to allow me to use the DLC items that I access via my membership... or is this only related to the list here on this server?

Wait a minute, you said DLC then you mentioned DLS... Ok I think I need a quick course on the difference between the two... Please bear with me, as I'm old and not that fast anymore...

Last edited:
Content on the Download Station (DLS) is freeware mostly created by users. DLC packages are payware sold buy N3V through the online store.

There are two ways to use TRS19.

Buy it outright same as with earlier versions. You can also buy DLC packages outright. In this situation you will always have access to both TRS19 and any DLC you have bought.
or
Subscribe to either a gold or silver membership. You can subscribe even if you have bought a copy of TRS19. In that case you get to use DLC packages for as long as you maintain the membership. Stop the membership and the DLC you accessed through the membership becomes inactive. DLC that you purchased would still work.

The memberships also include access to the current version of Trainz in development as beta software. Right now that has the working title of Trainz Plus.

Memberships also include a first class ticket so you can access the DLS at high speed and without a daily quota.

William

DLC = Down Loadable Content = Payware - Normally installs itself after you buy it.

DLS = Down Load Station = Freeware - Stuff you find using the Content Manager and "manually" download.

DLC = Down Loadable Content = Payware - Normally installs itself after you buy it.

DLS = Down Load Station = Freeware - Stuff you find using the Content Manager and "manually" download.

Thank you... I just went and activate the ticket and now I'm downloading from the DLS if I understood correctly...

But that doesn't explain the FAQ's that I posted before.. I'm sorry, probably I'm missing something here but, If like you say the DLC is the content I'm paying for, why would not be available to me anymore after my membership expire? And if I bought it, why would I need a membership?

Is the membership like borrowing?

Thank you... I just went and activate the ticket and now I'm downloading from the DLS if I understood correctly...

But that doesn't explain the FAQ's that I posted before.. I'm sorry, probably I'm missing something here but, If like you say the DLC is the content I'm paying for, why would not be available to me anymore after my membership expire? And if I bought it, why would I need a membership?

Is the membership like borrowing?

The membership works like it would if you were to join a library. You have the stuff on loan to you as long as you pay the membership fee. If you stop, you lose access to your content at the end of the subscription period. However, should you decide to join in again at a later date, all your stuff that you got with your subscription is available again. This has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are you get the latest of everything, get all the stuff you would normally pay for outright, and if you're one that doesn't look at Trainz for months at a time, due to a massive honey do list, traveling, or just not wanting to use Trainz, you can come and go as you please and everything is there when you come back.

The disadvantage is it's a monthly fee depending upon which level. For those at the highest level, it's about $14.00 per month US.

For those that just bought the program outright, there is no membership required. And it's just like the olden days where they have to purchase all the extra downloadable content, found in the Trainz Store. The program and content works all the time, it does require a login to the internet once a month to validate the ownership, and there are no frequent program updates. The program updates come at the regular release schedule such as service packs, hot-fixes, and new versions.

The DLC, or Downloadable Content, is stuff made for sale such as routes, locomotives, sessions, passenger, and freight consists, etc. These generally are of very high quality, such as the locomotives and routes from Jointed Rail, or the Canadian routes from RoysTrainz.

The DLS is the free stuff made available from the community at large. The quality varies, however, there is some truly great stuff up there such as buildings by David Snow (Dave Snow), and various assets by MSGSAPPER, and so many, many others.

Hope this helps 'splain this.

As far as installing the routes from TS12 and TS2010. It can be done, however, there maybe issues with the routes from TS12. If you have installed TS12 SP1, you can't export the routes or any built-in content due to the assets being locked. If you attempt to extract them, they are faulty and can't be repaired at all. TS12 prior to SP1 will work, and so will route from TS2010. If you do bring the routes into TRS2019, be prepared for downloading assets, and asset updates from the DLS.

The membership works like it would if you were to join a library. You have the stuff on loan to you as long as you pay the membership fee. If you stop, you lose access to your content at the end of the subscription period. However, should you decide to join in again at a later date, all your stuff that you got with your subscription is available again. This has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are you get the latest of everything, get all the stuff you would normally pay for outright, and if you're one that doesn't look at Trainz for months at a time, due to a massive honey do list, traveling, or just not wanting to use Trainz, you can come and go as you please and everything is there when you come back.

The disadvantage is it's a monthly fee depending upon which level. For those at the highest level, it's about $14.00 per month US.

For those that just bought the program outright, there is no membership required. And it's just like the olden days where they have to purchase all the extra downloadable content, found in the Trainz Store. The program and content works all the time, it does require a login to the internet once a month to validate the ownership, and there are no frequent program updates. The program updates come at the regular release schedule such as service packs, hot-fixes, and new versions.

The DLC, or Downloadable Content, is stuff made for sale such as routes, locomotives, sessions, passenger, and freight consists, etc. These generally are of very high quality, such as the locomotives and routes from Jointed Rail, or the Canadian routes from RoysTrainz.

The DLS is the free stuff made available from the community at large. The quality varies, however, there is some truly great stuff up there such as buildings by David Snow (Dave Snow), and various assets by MSGSAPPER, and so many, many others.

Hope this helps 'splain this.

As far as installing the routes from TS12 and TS2010. It can be done, however, there maybe issues with the routes from TS12. If you have installed TS12 SP1, you can't export the routes or any built-in content due to the assets being locked. If you attempt to extract them, they are faulty and can't be repaired at all. TS12 prior to SP1 will work, and so will route from TS2010. If you do bring the routes into TRS2019, be prepared for downloading assets, and asset updates from the DLS.

Thank you. Now I finally understood the whole concept.. Mind you, to join the library is free and that's why you need to return the books, but I get the analogy..:)

Thank you again for explaining everything so clearly..

Back