MiniMap Changed from TRS12 to 19

skittles0730

I've had TRS19 for a while but I'm now getting back into building a route. I've done a few searches and found nothing related to this issue.

When I move around the world with the MiniMap open, the MiniMap no longer moves with the compass.

Is this a glitch or a new thing for 19?

I didn't realise that the "Mini Map" was still there! I use Map view (whole screen) or simply zoom out until the Map View takes over the screen.

But you are right, the Mini Map does not update when you move around the baseboards in the actual layout. I do not know if this is a glitch or not but I seem to vaguely recall some discussion on this a while back.

I just tested it in TANE SP4 (RC) 105476 and it is the same there as well - no movement in the Mini Map. So this is probably not just a TRS19 "issue".

PS: It would be a good idea, since you have had TRS19 for a "while now" to register your copy. The link is at the top of every Forum page.

It is registered, what makes you think it's not registered?

If you look at my header line at the top of this post you will see all the Trainz versions that I have registered over the years. Looking at your header line there are none. When you register your copy of Trainz its identity appears in the header line. This indicates to all readers that you are a legitimate owner of the product and helps us to identify which version you have when you post a problem.

If you have registered TRS19 and it has not appeared then contact the help desk to fix the problem.

gapmnm

When you register your copy of Trainz its identity appears in the header line.
I bought it using jcardana on the trainzportal but here, I use skittles0730. However, I did go back and look at my Registered Serial Numbers and it's not listed. Nor can I find my receipt. I did find two emails abnout downloading it and my check register shows a $69.99. I keep track of all my purchases and product keys. But I have found nothing. I'm so confused. On my way to the Help Desk!

I'm now logged in as jcardana instead of skittles0730. I should probably get rid of skittles0730.

This bug, or is it a feature we're not so sure, was reported back when T:ANE first came out, but apparently it's not on the high priority list of being addressed, or perhaps it was forgotten due to the icky status that T:ANE was when it first came out.

With that said, report this as a bug again.

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

When I move around the world with the MiniMap open, the MiniMap no longer moves with the compass.

Sounds like you might be in Roaming mode and if you're attached to the loco, it works fine. Feel free to post alternative repro steps that cause a problem.

Tested in build 105096:
  • Driver mode
  • Select loco, drive
  • Hit M to go into map view
  • Loco is highlighted and map view moves with the consist.
  • Close map view
  • Hit 4 to go into roaming
  • Hit M to go into map view
  • ]Loco is highlighted and map view does not move.
    (This is intentional as you are not roaming).
  • Click on the loco in map view, you begin to move with it.

Tony, it is not Map View but the old Mini Map that he is asking about here. This is still available in the TRS19 menu, something that I was not aware of as I exclusively use Map View now - a much better option.

Please submit repro steps as Tony requested. Without understanding what you are doing and what you expect the program to do, there is no way to fix it.

Edit: I believe this is the behavior in TS12 that is different now in TRS19. In surveyor, clicking on the route to move the compass around the route and the mini map follows.

https://www.screencast.com/t/xKmQ8qUyvkJt

William

Last edited:
I should have specified before, in Surveyor Mode.

The video William (wreeder) posted is what I'm wanting to see. But alas, it's not what I'm getting. The Mini Map does not update with the movement of the compass within the world.

As pware stated, I zoomed out to the max allowable range and still be able to add grids. That was very helpful.

I should have specified before, in Surveyor Mode.

The video William (wreeder) posted is what I'm wanting to see. But alas, it's not what I'm getting. The Mini Map does not update with the movement of the compass within the world.

As pware stated, I zoomed out to the max allowable range and still be able to add grids. That was very helpful.

I know exactly what you are saying. I don't think Tony understands.

The M or is it CTRL+M to bring up the mini-map does not follow along while we do stuff on the route. That was very useful when placing track marks or checking for stuff from above while working close.

Ok - now understood. Here's the bug report :

Overview:
Mini-map view in Surveyor is not updating when roaming throughout the 3D world

Repro:
1. Edit Route
2. Open the Mini-map (Ctrl-M)
3. Mini-map window opens on top of the 3D world
4. R-click in the 3D World

Expected: Mini-map view changes to stay centered on the location you click with the compass in the 3D world
Actual: Mini-map does not follow your compass location

Last edited:
The reverse does work - Right Mouse on a map area and the main in 3D display goes there. That is quite useful. Guess it is time to review all of the "shortcuts". The problem is that shortcuts, by their very nature, are a memorized processes and the elderly may find that an issue. It is like a musical insturment - practice and some of the stuff may stick. Now, where is that jellyfish powder?

Back