Where all on my Hard Drive is TRS19 Located??

torino72

For a long time I've been doing end of month complete backups of TRS2006, TRS2010, TS12, and now TRS19 so that, if necessary, I could recover my files without loss of data. With TRS2006, TRS2010, and TS12 I can restore these backups with no loss of data and without reinstalling from the game disks. I just realized tonight that when backing up TRS19 I am not getting anything but the basic game files located at C:\auran12 and none of my new data (downloads, routes, etc.). How many places on my hard drive is TRS19 storing critical game data that would need to be recovered? I am now backing up data from C:\auran12\ and, for the first time, from C:\users\torino72\appdata\local\N3V Games\. Is there anywhere else that stores TRS19 files?

Last edited:
One other question. Drilling on down into the C:\users\torino72\appdata\local\N3V Games\ path there is a folder named BACKUPS. It contains 7 sub-folders that are named after recent dates. These 7 folders contain 11.5GB of data in 15012 files for my game. Are these just copies of files I've added (or possibly installed and then modified) over the latest 7 days of activity and do these need to be kept/backed up? Seems a waste of disk space unless these are critical files.

Last edited:
Your data files for TRS19 will be located whereever the path on the install tab of the launcher points to. I keep my Trainz installs away from my C: drive and the install is easily moveable. Backup folders take up a lot of space and 7 is the default but too many. I only run 2 and constantly clean them out while doing maintenence.
cheers
Graeme

What I do is create a userdata folder in the TRS19 folder which is on my F drive which means you can back up the whole lot as done with TS12 and earlier.

In TRS19 the location of your data folder is found at "Trainz Settings" > "Install" > "Local data folder"

Back