Asset height issues

Mkultra04

How Tomorrow Moves
I'm having an issue where objects on my route are randomly either floating or just below the map. What is happening and can it be fixed without having to use the height adjust tool 1000+ times?

Have you tried a database rebuild to see if that sorts the issue. Presumably at one stage they were all were tyhey were supposed to be.

I'm having an issue where objects on my route are randomly either floating or just below the map. What is happening and can it be fixed without having to use the height adjust tool 1000+ times?

What changed at the time that this happened?

For instance, if you updated your ground texturing then you might be using some textures which cause changes to the apparent ground height, and this can be very obvious where the new textures run into the old ones, or where straight track now appears to run across bumpy ground.

What changed at the time that this happened?

For instance, if you updated your ground texturing then you might be using some textures which cause changes to the apparent ground height, and this can be very obvious where the new textures run into the old ones, or where straight track now appears to run across bumpy ground.
All I did was merge it with another route. There was a height difference terrain wise of around 20ft but all the assets are on the route that was added and the other routes are unaffected.

I should also note that not all assets are effected just a few in random areas, in these areas a large amount of the assets are affected.

OK... I'm sorry to spam but I was able to fix the issue. So when I merged the routes I had to merge the route layers but a warning came up that I could not do that. Instead I altered the name of one of the layers and merged the routes. To fix the issue I attempted to merge the layers again, I was successful but nothing changed so I hit the undo button. The game froze for a minute or so and once it unfroze all the affected assets were back where they should be.

Last edited:
I tried that but it didn't work.
On this issue: Assets are exactly where they are supposed to be. One day, for some reason a data base repair happens. And when I go back to the route, some tunnel portals are or to high or too low, and they get disconnected to the tunnel spline. Interesting is that some objects, such as bushes next to the tunnel, are also affected. I recall someone talking about this time ago and also that it was fixed on some SP, but it still happens to me. Problem is random and I have not merge anything.

Ok so my session took 20 minutes to load and once it did it was only one blank baseboard with every loco and piece of rolling stock derailed in the corner... what the hell happened? The route has over 1400 errors all stating that there is a missing map file. Can anyone explain what went so horribly wrong and if I can fix it? If its unfixable I'll be out three weeks of work and 200+ hours of running.

Edit- It just happened to a second route what the hell is going on.

Last edited:
Session, or route? Which is it? There's a massive difference between the two, but if you have another route doing the same, does that mean you have merged two other routes as well? I think a lot more info is needed to understand what is happening.

This sounds like there's more going on than you thought. Do you have any payware content offline? That can cause that huge number of missing dependencies, which cause a fault-reporting. I deliberately setup a filter to show missing dependencies only. That solves that confusion so I know it's only missing stuff and not other errors as well.

When weird stuff like this happens, I highly recommend trying an EDR. Press CTRL while clicking on Repair database.

When merging, never merge sessions. Weird things can happen. Merge Routes always. When merging sessions, consists lose their position and can end up at 0,0 world-coordinates, or somewhere like out at sea. I did that once and ended up starting the merge over because there were consists out in corn fields, off in space, and gawd knows where else.

I have had, and reported too, the floating or buried assets. To repair that, I got the ground height and applied it. This caused the assets to level out to where they should be. If I made a bump or divot, hitting undo fixed that. It's a pain because you can only do a small area at a time, but it's good workaround, but N3V is looking into it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I only merged the routes and as for the second time everything disappeared I was just removing unnecessary base boards from a route which i do all the time.

Back