Line ahead occupied by another train

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Usually when a consists is waiting at a red signal, hovering over the signal will show "Line ahead occupied by another train." If I then click on the signal itself, I will be taken to the train causing the red signal. On a few occasions, I will find myself at the origin of the map, i.e the first baseboard, where there is no train. No idea how to replicate this behavior deliberately.
Anyone else ever have this happen?

Yep, I suspect it has something to do with the "set of signals" the route uses. Right now I am using a purchased route (not N3V) with the BNSF signal set and it runs a 1 hour end-to-end session with no errors such as this. In my case clicking on the RED signal took me to a junction that simply blinked its red circle and arrows on and off. Sometimes remaking the junction helped but most of the time it did not. If you make a copy of the route and do a mass replace, in the copy, of the signals with latest Safetran or the BNSF set, that works in my case, you might have success. Note- I do have false REDS for almost a minute in the 2 places each time the session is run and one or two signals where there is only a brief false red stop. It is as if N3V is trying to create fake activity on the route in a poor attempt a simulating a working rail system with signals protecting you from "ghost trains".

N3v has made so many changes that we are now into unlucky customers that have some mysterious combinations of elements that offer them errors that few others have and where replication by N3V is difficult.

Yep, I suspect it has something to do with the "set of signals" the route uses. Right now I am using a purchased route (not N3V) with the BNSF signal set and it runs a 1 hour end-to-end session with no errors such as this. In my case clicking on the RED signal took me to a junction that simply blinked its red circle and arrows on and off. Sometimes remaking the junction helped but most of the time it did not. If you make a copy of the route and do a mass replace, in the copy, of the signals with latest Safetran or the BNSF set, that works in my case, you might have success. Note- I do have false REDS for almost a minute in the 2 places each time the session is run and one or two signals where there is only a brief false red stop. It is as if N3V is trying to create fake activity on the route in a poor attempt a simulating a working rail system with signals protecting you from "ghost trains".

N3v has made so many changes that we are now into unlucky customers that have some mysterious combinations of elements that offer them errors that few others have and where replication by N3V is difficult.
Very much on point. Ever since 04 or before, I get the blinking of the arrows indicating that the red signal is red because of a misaligned route. Misaligned on these flashing points. But wait, you click on them to change the alignment and they still flash! I don't recall having seen an exact explanation of how this is supposed to operate. If these points are 3 or more points down the line ahead of the stopped train, you can wait for long time before AI decides to change the proper route. Some will say: Use IT's, but I though that AI should do this. Maybe it does work on a first session, but if you save it, when you return is almost guaranteed that AI will not "make" the route. The bug persists...

Back