fixing fault Jointed Rails content in Trainz 12

i dont really care that the assets may be out of date, i know the newer trainz can provide neer versions, there are though some things - some routes and locos that dont exist in T:ANE and Ts19 - such as the excellent Junee 2006 route and other australian content. the Trainz 2004-12 versions all have great aussie content, which appeals to me being that i grew up in NSW along the railway with my father working on the railway and still today a number of family members work on the railway all over australia.
its disappointign australian content is so lacking or hard to find in other train simulation games

as for retaining content - maybe i should save all teh stuff i download onto another drive or some DVDs - if i wanted to do this, which folders do i need to save?

Last edited:
i dont really care that the assets may be out of date,

Maybe you don't understand - you have no choice. When you select TS12, it implies you must use out of date assets. So it is not an issue of caring or not caring, that's the territory you've selected.

i know the newer trainz can provide neer versions, there are though some things - some routes and locos that dont exist in T:ANE and Ts19 - such as the excellent Junee 2006 route and other australian content. the Trainz 2004-12 versions all have great aussie content, which appeals to me being that i grew up in NSW along the railway with my father working on the railway and still today a number of family members work on the railway all over australia.
its disappointign australian content is so lacking or hard to find in other train simulation games

as for retaining content - maybe i should save all teh stuff i download onto another drive or some DVDs - if i wanted to do this, which folders do i need to save?

Do not copy TS12 assets to an archive folder using windows explorer. You should use the "Save to CDP" facility in the Content Manager. It saves both individual as well as large groups of assets. There is an upper limit on cdp file size you will see discussed in the forums, on the order of gigabytes.

There is an archiving facility in the TS12 content manager, but that was not carried over into TANE/TRS19, so realize its is TS12 specific, whereas .cdp is universal among all versions of Trainz for import and export.

I really enjoyed the TRS2004 Austrailian content also. In theory, any older map can be brought forward to a later version.

Last edited:
okay that is good to know -i have about 8 or so gig of downloaded content for trainz 12 and i dont think i willbe getting any more as i have more than enough now to play with for this edition of trainz

good news is that Mojave Sub is now working right since i reinstalled and omitted doing all the content updates.

regarding content from older trainz, i was of the understanding that TANE and 19 are not compatible with the much older content , i am sure i had come across these asertions as fact when i was looking for aussie content early on.

regarding content from older trainz, i was of the understanding that TANE and 19 are not compatible with the much older content , i am sure i had come across these asertions as fact when i was looking for aussie content early on.

The map will open though, and maybe some assets need to be changed out.

The only thing on TS12 and younger routes that crashes in TANE and TRS19 are rulers. You must delete every single last ruler in the older route to avoid crashing the newer programs. They are a little elusive too because they seem to have license to change layers on their own.

i was of the understanding that TANE and 19 are not compatible with the much older content , i am sure i had come across these asertions as fact when i was looking for aussie content early on.

Some older routes are not compatible - The route will open with just blue sky, no terrain and no objects. The fix is to open it in an earlier version where it does work, such as TS10 or TS12, save it so that it gets upgraded to that newer build number (and presumably a newer format) and then it works OK in T:ane and TRS19.

Back