fixing fault Jointed Rails content in Trainz 12

agathosdaimon

So i am wanted to get the fault with trains missing their freight consists and am finding all many of errors in the CM

one the first ones in the listing of Jointed Rail assets that claims to be faulty is Jointed Rail Smart Signal library v1.77 from Norfolksouthern37 -<kuid2:45324:555100:19>

its error is:

Error: smartsignal.gs(228) : function SetAllowsPermitControl not declared in class JunctionBase or derivative, line 228.
Error: .. while compiling 'smartsignal.gs'

so for this first error, what do i need to do to fix this?

As much as I have loved the JR content . This is by far my biggest complaint , and a big one . To not up date your PAID content , has lost them sales of content and club membership with me . While having some of the best content available , mixed in with specific version content . Why ??? There routes are well done and are fantastic to run . If you have the version it was made for . Try to run it in anything other then it's version , and you get disappointment . my 2cents .

I find it funny that the free content offered from the site . When issues arise are fixed , updated with vary little fan fair . Or someone tells you where , how , and why . But buy or used paid . The Content is to used with a specific version of trainz . That I havn't run in 6 years . LOL

Maybe I need to get smarter . IDK

Best of luck to ya

Matt

So i am wanted to get the fault with trains missing their freight consists and am finding all many of errors in the CM

one the first ones in the listing of Jointed Rail assets that claims to be faulty is Jointed Rail Smart Signal library v1.77 from Norfolksouthern37 -<kuid2:45324:555100:19>

its error is:

Error: smartsignal.gs(228) : function SetAllowsPermitControl not declared in class JunctionBase or derivative, line 228.
Error: .. while compiling 'smartsignal.gs'

so for this first error, what do i need to do to fix this?

This is more than likely a trainzbuild version mishap from having the library placed on the DLS which I did not do as I have not created :19. The very last Trainz 12 compatible library should be :16.

As much as I have loved the JR content . This is by far my biggest complaint , and a big one . To not up date your PAID content , has lost them sales of content and club membership with me .

We always update paid content that needs updating between versions, not real sure what you mean by this statement.

While having some of the best content available , mixed in with specific version content . Why ??? There routes are well done and are fantastic to run . If you have the version it was made for . Try to run it in anything other then it's version , and you get disappointment . my 2cents .

We are always trying to stay with the latest abilities of the software so supporting as many versions as is practical is in our best interest. At this current time TANE and TRS2019 are the only supported versions and any new content will be targeted at those platforms. Whether or not it works in older versions is not something we will be testing for. This is especially true of routes, which in general only work in one direction; If a route is created in a certain platform it is not likely that it can be downgraded to previous offerings.

I find it funny that the free content offered from the site . When issues arise are fixed , updated with vary little fan fair . Or someone tells you where , how , and why . But buy or used paid . The Content is to used with a specific version of trainz . That I havn't run in 6 years . LOL

We will work on our fanfare.

This is more than likely a trainzbuild version mishap from having the library placed on the DLS which I did not do as I have not created :19. The very last Trainz 12 compatible library should be :16.

okay so what do i do - how do i make only :16 be downloaded and used - this content is the content that was automatically loaded into my copy of Trainz 12 when i started it. I did buy the mojave sub division for T:ANE - has trainz 12 installed it also?

do i need to buy the trainz 12 compatibile mojave sub divsion - sorry, i am still unsure what i need to do to fix this, - should i just not have it running in trainz 12?

oh wait, i see that mojave subdivisions was built in to trainz 12 - oh that makes me kind mad now that this built in content is faulty, - much like the ECML built in also being faulty - why so much built in content fault in trainz12, i would understand if it was stuff i added myself, but not the built-in stuff

Last edited:
lol Perhaps a little fanfare music to accompany the updates...

Fanfare for the Frozen Band. When EL&P they came out with this, my colleagues had a big laugh that they did this in the snow while it was snowing and well below freezing. We attributed it to the use of cold air carrying the sound better and the stadium as a great reverberator. As for the falling snow, that was not by design.

i got the trainz 12 version fo rhet smart signal thing from the JR site - now is there a way i can replace the incompatible version with this one?

This is more than likely a trainzbuild version mishap from having the library placed on the DLS which I did not do as I have not created :19.

I owe you a partial apology for this. I sent this gentleman to the body of JR forums dating back 10 years ago for his TS12 Mojave questions, it was not my aim to have him tie you up directly.

okay so what do i do - how do i make only :16 be downloaded and used - this content is the content that was automatically loaded into my copy of Trainz 12 when i started it. I did buy the mojave sub division for T:ANE - has trainz 12 installed it also?

Agathos,

I went over this with you in our last thread together. Remember the content manager filter I gave you? The one you said was a good idea? Are you using it?

NS37 is saying if you run TS12 Mojave, only use TS12 build assets. You delete anything past build 3.7 in your TS12 content manager.

If you use the TANE use TANE level assets. This isn't hard my friend.

Last edited:
actually it is - Deneban can you please stop harassing and belittling me - - you dont seem to fully understand my query even so please you arent helping me any furhter with your comments

- i didnt use content manager to install the mojave stuff, so my issue here is not installing the right edition stuff in the first place, and until now, i didnt even know i had to get earlier content for Mojave - geez deneban stop just making me feel like **** for wanting to just fix this up

right now, my query is about swapping out the faulty content, now that i understand that is what i have to do - what i did with the atari driver seems different here, because newer and older things look to have different names -

and i didnt go bakc and read whatever thing you sent as i asked you that and you said it had already been covered

look just assume i am a novice at all this ffs

never mind, i am just going to uninstall trainz 12 and reinstall and not allow any of the content updates - so i am not reminded anymore by Deneban about how dumb i am with all this

So crazytrain
lol Perhaps a little fanfare music to accompany the updates...
Your comments are not helpful . So if you'd like to add some incite . Thanks , But if not . I prefer Led Zeppelin .

Matt

Agathos,

Here is how to get the TS12 Mojave assets that are the correct build when you go to rebuild your TS12 installation.

First, use this filter in the content manager (don't mind my asset renaming and missing assets):

JR.png
Mojave.png

Get each of these items by using "download this version" on right click

Then for each item, right click view dependencies and then click on the View in Main List button:

LD.png

Your search will now look like this:

1st.png

Add to it so it becomes this:

2nd.png

Probably add also "AND NOT" "Obsolete True" to the above.

Then download whatever is missing.

Do this for all 5 routes and sessions.

Also you should run the filter "Minimum Bulid Version" "3.8" and delete anything that comes up.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
okay yes this is in a helpful form - i was piecing things together slowly but this confirms it all - i have just one question, in the image of your search criteria at the top it shows "and not minimum build version 3.8" - but in the thread back in the TS12 subforum you showed this as "and not minimum build 3.7" - which is the one i go with?

what would be the criteria i need to enter if i want to do an overall content update using the CM rather than the content update function in the game?
I can see the field for all the "out of date" installed assets, but - if i could bring up all the asset versions for these and them limit these to just ts12 compatible (and not minimum build 3.7)

okay i just tried to do what you have instructed for mojave and it doesnt go the way you suggest - you said that after i put in that search for the routes categories etc, that i then select the "download this version" option for the assets, but this then starts the items downloading which i put a stop on as i can see that the faulty non TS12 items are still bundled in with those results - such as the smart signal 1.77 asset

so i stop that then select to view them in main list, but all that brings up are that 4 or so items that downloaded before i was able to hit the stop button

this is way too finicky and problem laden to sort out and if i make a single mistake then the trouble of undoing it means i prob need to just reinstall everything again and doing that in itself for trainz12 takes about an hour and in that hour i cant do anything else because one slip up and the automatically downloading DLC in the game fails and then i have to start everything all over again

i dont think actually that the jointed rail smart signal version 1.75c is even in the DLS either, just

okay yes this is in a helpful form - i was piecing things together slowly but this confirms it all - i have just one question, in the image of your search criteria at the top it shows "and not minimum build version 3.8" - but in the thread back in the TS12 subforum you showed this as "and not minimum build 3.7" - which is the one i go with?

Yes for some reason Walong Stall is 3.7. Good catch.

what would be the criteria i need to enter if i want to do an overall content update using the CM rather than the content update function in the game?
I can see the field for all the "out of date" installed assets, but - if i could bring up all the asset versions for these and them limit these to just ts12 compatible (and not minimum build 3.7)

Do not use the in-game update, all asset updates are to be assumed poisonous to TS12 unless proven otherwise by build number. Just use the CM with the build filter to weed out the incompatible. Naturally all TS12 assets will begin to be cited as "out of date" one by one as time marches on, but that is what you are doing with TS12, you are collecting out of date assets.

okay i just tried to do what you have instructed for mojave and it doesnt go the way you suggest - you said that after i put in that search for the routes categories etc, that i then select the "download this version" option for the assets, but this then starts the items downloading which i put a stop on as i can see that the faulty non TS12 items are still bundled in with those results - such as the smart signal 1.77 asset

so i stop that then select to view them in main list, but all that brings up are that 4 or so items that downloaded before i was able to hit the stop button

this is way too finicky and problem laden to sort out and if i make a single mistake then the trouble of undoing it means i prob need to just reinstall everything again and doing that in itself for trainz12 takes about an hour and in that hour i cant do anything else because one slip up and the automatically downloading DLC in the game fails and then i have to start everything all over again

i dont think actually that the jointed rail smart signal version 1.75c is even in the DLS either, just

If you are getting higher build assets as well, just make sure you get the target version you need by keeping on with "download this version" . Then use "View asset versions" right click and delete the ones on your disk higher then your Trainz build. I see no need to reinstall. All asset installation/deletion is discrete. You can always delete assets for higher builds in teh CM with the 2nd filter I mentioned, which is opposite of the first filter.

Back