TRS19 SP1 - Additional Information Thread

mister_lan,

Welcome to your first forum post. To assist in solving your problem, could you please supply the id code (the kuid) of a locomotive that has this problem.

Hello pware,

i suppose , it is not an enginesound- or enginespecs-problem. Maybe a probelm on TRS19 (?)

Here is a KUID from the italian E464-Series:
KUID2:135722:46414:1 (Trainz-Build 3.3) , the engine-spec has KUID2:69593:514641:1 (also TB 3.3)
Also tried with my own created italian E402b (TB 3.8!)

Change of TB 2.9 to TB 3.7 or later on config.txt (see below) does not solve the problem.

The config.txt of the enginesound:
kuid <kuid:48288:100254>
username "E-Lok-Motoren-Sound3"
trainz-build 2.9
category-class "ZS"
kind "enginesound"
isfading 0
isramping 0
speedup 4
category-era "1970s;1980s;1990s"
category-region "IT"

thumbnails
{
}

kuid-table
{
}

I am having severe issues with the submit edits not working also, at about 60% of the time, and I have always had issues with the Content manager before the SP1 Update.
Trainz 2019 Steam Client version 105175 I think, not on my Trainz PC at the moment. Windows 10-64 Pro with no Blocking Software installed to cause the access violation error that I keep getting in the submit Edits.

what is strange I can submit edits the first few time and it does it quickly, then if I forgot something in the Config file and re open it and make the corrected changes then it will not submit again unless i click the Submit about 5 time in a row, and wait for 2 min, with about 3 to 4 can not access the file errors then it will all of a sudden submit.
This delay has cost me an unbelievable many hours of wasted time working on my Map and my Content.

This issue has been happening for a almost a Year now. I think that it is a compatibility issue with the AMD Ryzen Systems. I have Built me a new Ryzen 3800 x PC with the 1080 Ti FTW3 Video card and this issue still exist.
Kind Regards.
jjeff1955

Hi Tony
I don't understand the meaning of "garbage collection of outstanding MeshObjects".Is it something wrong in my creation? It runs fine in TRS 2019 build 105096.
Thanks for the input so far - please keep your comments coming.

QA will investigate each report in detail, but here's a few very quick replies:

locotracteur CFD crash
>>
The issue was a code problem. If it helps, it was to do with garbage collection of outstanding MeshObjects. It was fixed by adding a tidy up step should things be called in the wrong order or called too late.

We'll expand on this on Monday.

Last edited:
Thank you for that information. The problem is beyond my level of expertise but it always helps others who know about these things if the identity of an asset with the problem is listed in the original post.

Maybe a probelm on TRS19 (?)

This is possible but since no-one else has so far reported this problem then it could be with the asset itself - perhaps no-one else has so far used this asset in testing SP1.

Change of TB 2.9 to TB 3.7 or later on config.txt (see below) does not solve the problem.

It is generally not a good idea to change the trainz-build number in the config.txt file in an attempt to solve a problem. The error checking and other compatibility tasks that Trainz performs when an asset is loaded is different for each trainz-build number so you may solve one problem by introducing others because the asset may now "fail" new checks that it was never designed to pass.

thumbnails
{
}

Unless the asset actually does have thumbnails but you have edited them out for the post above, then missing thumbnails is one of those checks that will give either a warning or an error depending on the trainz-build number.

I am having severe issues with the submit edits not working also, at about 60% of the time, and I have always had issues with the Content manager before the SP1 Update.
Trainz 2019 Steam Client version 105175 I think, not on my Trainz PC at the moment. Windows 10-64 Pro with no Blocking Software installed to cause the access violation error that I keep getting in the submit Edits.

what is strange I can submit edits the first few time and it does it quickly, then if I forgot something in the Config file and re open it and make the corrected changes then it will not submit again unless i click the Submit about 5 time in a row, and wait for 2 min, with about 3 to 4 can not access the file errors then it will all of a sudden submit.
This delay has cost me an unbelievable many hours of wasted time working on my Map and my Content.

This issue has been happening for a almost a Year now. I think that it is a compatibility issue with the AMD Ryzen Systems. I have Built me a new Ryzen 3800 x PC with the 1080 Ti FTW3 Video card and this issue still exist.
Kind Regards.
jjeff1955

Not specific to Ryzens as it happens on Intel systems as well, think it's caused by caching not getting cleared before re-submitting.

Edit: I get it on TANE as well.

I don't know when this first appeared. In 105096...

Replacing roads with Yarn Roads.
Bulk Replace replaces the roads but cannot be used for the "T Junction 90 degrees (WL) + DA + G" Kuid 453099:100095.

Doing it manually:
Delete the old T-Junction.
Add in a new T-Junction.

The Delete gets rid of the visual road. However, there is still an invisible road (light pink lines) and a barrier. The only way to get rid of them is copy/pasting squares with empty objects and tracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, FWIW, the home page states:

Trainz:A New Era​
The most realistic and visually stunning Train Simulator for PC and Mac.​

Is T:ANE more visually stunning than T19?
Is T:ANE more realistic than T19?

Why did I upgrade from T:ANE to T19?

Actually not quite as the views don't correlate.

If you'd like to see for yourself, the trick is to be in Lineside view when you switch to map view (hit the 4 key).

They kinda did...

More to the point, are you saying this is replicable? Just interested to know if it's my slightly unusual hardware, or a genuine issue.

Thanks Tony,
Tim

Kind Regards.
jjeff1955

Hi Jjeff1955
Could you please tell me what the full error message is that appears when submitting content?

Do you have any programs open that were interacting with any files in the asset's folder, such as the text editor if you edited the config.txt file. Note, please check taskmanager for this, as it may still be running in the background.

Regards

We've updated the original post with the following list of items. If you know of any additional issues in SP1 that needs addressing, then please submit a bug report so that we can investigate. Trainz Bug Report

UPDATED LIST FEB 7th:

• Adding a new effect layer removes existing turffx layers (appears to be corrupt data in test route)
  • ACS Coupling status not "saved"
  • JMR signals no longer show coronas in surveyor when paused
  • Client cannot connect to MP when using filter Type = Multiplayer
  • Cannot "select" any of the MP sessions
  • MP Filter not clearing some older sessions
  • Mini-map view in Surveyor is not updating when roaming throughout the 3D world
  • Map view track overlay shows when in lineside view
  • Track Priority Markers default to "0"
  • Shadow in Driver from Surveyor only elements
  • Surveyor only roads no longer generate traffic outside of Surveyor
  • 'default to last used assets' setting does not work for Object mode
  • Random Scenery Tool shows incorrect/misleading message when one asset is removed from the list
  • Time format changes in save session in Driver
  • Cryllic characters show as ?? prior to downloading from DLS
  • Mac .dmg window has black text on black background
  • Built-in eucalyptus trees "flash"
  • Black speckles in Port Zyd (at midday only)

Require more information to reproduce:

• Driver commands not all listed at times
  • Submitting items in CM fails some of the time
  • Assigning drivers sometimes lists partial driver list
  • Name-able signs not showing (then are showing)
  • Loco sound - change in behaviour from 100240

Design:

• Investigate MOSWT and dighole issues (tunnel entrances)

Same applies for the procedural track topic where already an issue exists (#22520).
Just let me know if I should file that as an issue again :)

Cheers
Sachsenbahner

Require more information to reproduce:

• Driver commands not all listed at times

If this was listed in response to a post I made, I believe I found the problem. In the vertical list of commands/rules that shows up when going into Edit Session...

I had two Driver Commands Icons/Tabs. One was visible as the second item in the list. Much further down and off the bottom of the screen I found a second instance of the Driver Commands Icon/Tab. I've now gone through two days and all the Commands always come up.

Quote from the latest news letter....

TRS19 SP1 Update
"Thanks for all your feedback through the TRS19 forums. Overall there are no critical issues, but there are still some isolated reports that we're unable to replicate. In these cases we'll need more information so we can identify th."

???

Last edited:
I don't know when this first appeared. In 105096...

Replacing roads with Yarn Roads.
Bulk Replace replaces the roads but cannot be used for the "T Junction 90 degrees (WL) + DA + G" Kuid 453099:100095.

Doing it manually:
Delete the old T-Junction.
Add in a new T-Junction.

The Delete gets rid of the visual road. However, there is still an invisible road (light pink lines) and a barrier. The only way to get rid of them is copy/pasting squares with empty objects and tracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, FWIW, the home page states:

Trainz:A New Era​
The most realistic and visually stunning Train Simulator for PC and Mac.​

Is T:ANE more visually stunning than T19?
Is T:ANE more realistic than T19?

Why did I upgrade from T:ANE to T19?

Also there are issues that Roads will no longer connect properly to the Yarn Adapters (Split is a real issue.) Invisible Purple Lines are way off an floating high above the Roads, causes Carz to fly upwards.
Kind Regards
jjeff1955

Just found a bug, put in report, boxcar with working doors on open/close door(s) on both sides of car, did not do this before.

Hi Jjeff1955
Just checking in again unless you missed my previous reply, could you please tell me what the full error message is that appears when submitting content?

Do you have any programs open that were interacting with any files in the asset's folder, such as the text editor if you edited the config.txt file. Note, please check taskmanager for this, as it may still be running in the background.

We have unfortunately not been able to reliable reproduce this issue like you report seeing, and as such we do need as much information as possible so that we can investigate it.

Regards

Back