TRS19 SP1 - Additional Information Thread

"Missing Dependencies" that mysteriously are "not missing".

I have noticed on a very few odd occasions, that when using CM to perform asset updates, an asset will be downloaded and installed with the status showing "Installed from DLS, missing dependencies" in red. When listing its dependencies all is normal, nothing in red and nothing marked as "unknown" or "available for download". Upon exiting the dependencies window, the original asset now shows as normal with no missing dependencies. This seems to happen with updates to installed payware.

When TRS19 SP1 was released, a number of people raised issues that had not been identified during the external beta testing. This thread lists the "Known Issues" that we have seen reported and replicated and also lists "Additional Issues - Unverified" which are issues we have not been able to reproduce.

We would like users who have updated their build to SP1 (on PC or Mac, or on Steam) to read through this list and then do the following:

(i) Respond with "No additional issues" if you have not seen any additional issues that are new to this build
(ii) If there is a new issue to report, please respond with a detailed step by step guide how to reproduce the issue (or use the Trainz Bug Report form).
(iii) If you have additional information on the Unverified problems, please use the Trainz Bug Report form

Hi Tony:

1. Quality issue: "Floating Baseline" of what kuid versions comprise the true set of Built-in assets. See post https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155941-TRS19-SP1-Now-LIVE&p=1788911#post1788911
  2. Severe Multiplayer Game Status Latency. See post https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155941-TRS19-SP1-Now-LIVE&p=1788409#post1788409

Re Merging Routes in TRS19 is it true that in order to merge routes a player has to have 32GB Ram on their computer.If so can it be returned to 8GB as before.

Thanks
Robert2004-1

Hi Tony,

Not issues as such I think, but I do have two assets where upgrading to a newer asset doesn't work or results in errors and I believe they occurred only after upgrading to SP1:
- Navigation Display <kuid:402543:2> and <kuid2:401543:4464:3> is listed as "out of date", but the newer version on the DLS is listed as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)".
- Portal_basic_HP <kuid2:46162:90001:2> is listed as "out of date"; however when I download the newer :3 or :4 asset there's an error on the download "unable to download asset. File not available on server" and multiple assets gets listed as faulty.

I have not reported either to helpdesk since I can easily fix it by just not installing the updates. But since you asked... :D

I have reported the following issues to helpdesk but the reply was so unsatisfying :( I'm going to repeat them here:
- Sunlight reflections in the cabin looks crap on many routes. It was better before SP1 (not perfect, but still much better).
Helpdesk says "tough luck, that's how it is on assets not updated to TRS19" - not in so many words, but that was clearly the message. Frankly, if it can't be done to look decent it would be much better if there wasn't any reflection at all, or there at least was a way to disable this and save some GPU to use for smoother frame rate.
- In the cabin, using the scroll wheel zooms the view all the way out of the cabin (and back in again).
Heldesk says "sorry this changed functionality is intentional". Well it might be, but it is &#%^ annoying. Please fix it back or give an option to choose the old ways, thank you.

I've reported a few other issues to helpdesk, but they are mostly route specific or pertains to TRS19 as such and not SP1 specifically.

So aside what's listed above, it's "no additional SP1 issues for me".

Thanks!!
:)

Thanks for the input so far - please keep your comments coming.

QA will investigate each report in detail, but here's a few very quick replies:

1. MP Filter shows a list of "no longer active" sessions
  • Several games have appeared in this list for days
  • Double-clicking on any of them show the error message "Error. The selected mp game no longer exists"
  • If the game is indeed active, then you can join the session through Route > View Sessions

2. "Missing Dependencies" that mysteriously are "not missing".
>>
Please provide the steps to get the 2% case to occur (I realize this won't be easy, but it is necessary)

TurfFX issues (and merging turffx)
>>
There is quite a bit of work being done on this currently and the bug fixes will make it into SP1 HF1

locotracteur CFD crash
>>
The issue was a code problem. If it helps, it was to do with garbage collection of outstanding MeshObjects. It was fixed by adding a tidy up step should things be called in the wrong order or called too late.

We'll expand on this on Monday.

Re Merging Routes in TRS19 is it true that in order to merge routes a player has to have 32GB Ram on their computer.If so can it be returned to 8GB as before.

Thanks
Robert2004-1
It depends on the size of the routes to be merged, most small routes will merge happily with 8gb RAM, some larger ones will need 16gb and huge routes like my megamerge at 1.07GB will require 32gb. The T:ANE SP2 update introduced per baseboard mapfiles which increased the RAM needed to merge. I will note that my megamerge route happily merged with 8gb RAM in T:ANE SP1. You will not see a return to Pre-SP2 mapfiles.
cheers
Graeme

2. "Missing Dependencies" that mysteriously are "not missing".
>>
Please provide the steps to get the 2% case to occur (I realize this won't be easy, but it is necessary)

1. Run Filter that selects available updates.
  2. Select all updates
  3. Select List Asset Versions
  4. Sort list and select all assets marked "Available for download" and download

I just repeated these steps on a second computer with TRS19 SP1 with the same updates and was unable to reproduce the issue.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Hello Tony, thanks for giving us this opportunity.

road traffic stops at intersections in surveyor
screen stuck on "Loading Environment" - my drivers are updated, I don't use overclocking and I'm not doing a fresh install
I have been sent back to my desktop when opening, after saving a session and exiting surveyor. Not often but it does get frustrating.

screen stuck on "Loading Environment" - my drivers are updated, I don't use overclocking and I'm not doing a fresh install

This was listed as a known issue in Tony's original post. I often skip the "loading environment" - which is the animated loco and flying birds - and go straight into loading a route/session.

I have been sent back to my desktop when opening, after saving a session and exiting surveyor. Not often but it does get frustrating.

I regularly perform a DBR when convenient to me and this stops virtually all CTDs

Issue which Q&A have been able to reproduce but is not listed as known problem

Certain built-in trees randomly flicker white. Looks a lot like lightning. Q&A have been able to reproduce this issue and I have been advised the problem is with the content team who are trying to fix the issue (TSR428600167). This issue appears to have been present since TRS19 was released and still persists in TRS19 SP1.

- Navigation Display <kuid:402543:2> and <kuid2:401543:4464:3> is listed as "out of date", but the newer version on the DLS is listed as "Not Installed, Payware (not active)".
I too have this same problem with this asset. It wasn't immediate after installing SP1 and turned up about 2-3 weeks ago. Not on DLS nor is there any other package to be updated.

- Portal_basic_HP <kuid2:46162:90001:2> is listed as "out of date"; however when I download the newer :3 or :4 asset there's an error on the download "unable to download asset. File not available on server" and multiple assets gets listed as faulty.
Portal_basic_HP seems to have loaded OK for me and mine is now at :4 without any faults.

I did have some problems downloading the packages initially and some required re-downloading 2 or 3 times but this seems to have settled down now.
thanks.

Although this is good information, it would be helpful (to me anyway) to discuss in terms of build numbers. I am sitting at build 100240 (plain TRS2019, no Plus, Gold, whatever) wondering what to do. Build 100240 works for me. I am getting weekly prompts to upgrade but don't want to upgrade to something with problems, so I am postponing (remind me next week). If I accept the upgrade, will this bring me SP1 with known problems? If yes, why would N3V offer me this? If I stay where I'm at, who will tell me when it's safe to move forward?

If I stay where I'm at, who will tell me when it's safe to move forward?

Different horses for different courses. SP1 has fixed a lot of problems for many users and, as always seems the case, it has created a few new ones for other users. For some users the original problems that concerned them in build 100240 still remain in SP1. Users can only speak from their own personal experiences and interests.

For example, if you are interested in using ACS coupling systems between vintage and antique railcars then SP1 will not show the animated couplings correctly (to be honest I do not know if 100240 did either) but the vintage/antique trains still work in both builds. SP1, because it is derived from the same code that Platinum and Plus use with their UDS system (which SP1 does not have) then some animations are not showing correctly in SP1 Surveyor but work fine in Driver. In SP1 the Undo and Redo buttons have been removed from the screen but Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-Y work fine.

To some people these issues are "showstoppers", to others they are minor irritations or not issues at all. They do not bother me at all!

SP1 HF1 will be out soon (TM) which will/should fix some/all/none of these issues (strike out whichever does not apply). You can wait if you are happy with what you have got in 100240 or come along for the ride.

My thoughts.

PS: The longer you wait the more update patches you will probably have to install.

Last edited:
I held out in 100240 for a couple of the weeks, but the problem is if you're building a route you really need to be up to date, warts notwithstanding. There are enough different versions of this product what with Plus (which is Silver or Gold) and Platinum without running the vanilla version at a different build to the current one.

I held out in 100240 for a couple of the weeks, but the problem is if you're building a route you really need to be up to date, warts notwithstanding. There are enough different versions of this product what with Plus (which is Silver or Gold) and Platinum without running the vanilla version at a different build to the current one.

Apologies to Tony for going off topic in what is a thread full of great info (Vern, perhaps this would be a good subject for a seperate thread?), but I agree. I am currently working (building in parallel) in both 100240 (for me, stable, albeit with some TurfFX limitations) and 105100 (for me a bit quirky, but the future) , and also testing in 105096, while looking forward to some of the fixes hinted at for HF1. Really not sure which horse to back. I think the release of the Platinum packaging may have been a bit premature, and would have benefited from the inclusion of HF1.

Last edited:
Camera / map overlay display error

An entirely new experience tonight. Switched (reasonably quickly) between Trackside and Map view, and ended up with a persistent overlay of map onto the Trackside camera. This was persistent a) only for this type of camera (not cab etc), and b) throughout the session to the end. Route was SnC, Thames-Clyde late session.

Just after occurring
OQa03bU.jpg

end of session

End of session
[FONT=&quot]
mi1riKv.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
An entirely new experience tonight. Switched (reasonably quickly) between Trackside and Map view, and ended up with a persistent overlay of map onto the Trackside camera. This was persistent a) only for this type of camera (not cab etc), and b) throughout the session to the end. Route was SnC, Thames-Clyde late session.

Just after occurring

end of session

End of session
mi1riKv.jpg

This should be a feature.

TRS19(105096) engine_loop- sound not correct working

Hello everyone,
not listed issue:
engine_loop- sound not correct working

On previous TRS19-Version(100240), in config.txt for enginesounds for my electrical locomotives (engine_loop.wav) the "speedup" is set to "10" and worked normal. (Sound was pitching up to speed until Vmax 200km/h).

Now on this Version(105096) TRS may be (or will be) not support "speedup 10" .
I heard ,when i increase the speed on every electrical locomotive to Vmax, the sound is not pitching up after 40km/h (depending on engine-config) and will be stay on same pitching level.
Changing the "speedup" to "2" , you can hear a pitching sound, but not compareable like a real electrical locomotive (like the italian E655). :(
I have also tried to change the audioformat-> no changes!
Change to "speedup 4"-> no changes!

Hope, someone can help..

Regards from Vienna, Austria

Back