TRS19 SP1 - Additional Information Thread

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
When TRS19 SP1 was released, a number of people raised issues that had not been identified during the external beta testing. This thread lists the "Known Issues" that we have seen reported and replicated and also lists "Additional Issues - Unverified" which are issues we have not been able to reproduce.

We would like users who have updated their build to SP1 (on PC or Mac, or on Steam) to read through this list and then do the following:

(i) Respond with "No additional issues" if you have not seen any additional issues that are new to this build
(ii) If there is a new issue to report, please respond with a detailed step by step guide how to reproduce the issue (or use the Trainz Bug Report form).
(iii) If you have additional information on the Unverified problems, please use the Trainz Bug Report form

NOTE: this is not a "wishlist" request, we are looking to hear if you have no issue or have found specific problems that were not present previously.

Known Issues (bugs verified, to be fixed):

• Route has 0 height and no textures (test case provided; <kuid:68830:100557> Wagga to Henty)
  • No red spline for non-formed procedural track junctions
  • Diurnal Cycle button not working
  • Weather resets to default when switching modes
  • Road traffic stops at intersections in Surveyor
  • Ranked Session score/clock not showing
  • Backspace and delete key not working in Save AS dialog
  • CM horizontal scroll is missing (when adding new columns)
  • Portal (and other MOSWT assets) height offsets by 2.0m when near a dig-hole
  • Junctions do not animate in surveyor like they used to
  • Delete Ground tool's message no longer offers option to not show message in future
  • Several assets have had their version lowered (e.g. <kuid2:56063:700038:1> Caterpillar )
    (Fixed: Items listed in this user report are now available on DLS)

Design Issues:
  • Undo/Redo buttons now require multiple clicks.

Current workaround: Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-Z Hotkeys (and the ability to bind any other key combo you like).​
If you have a multi-button mouse, you can also bind hotkeys to the buttons.​
We are investigating various options to expose Undo/Redo or provide better options in future updates.​
Note that there isn’t a simple “switch” we can flick to revert to the old menu system.​

Non-bugs:
  • Textures are loading slowly
There have been changes to texture streaming and results will differ with each use case. In short, in Performance Settings, with “Use Texture Streaming” unchecked (off), textures will load slower, but at the highest resolution immediately. Some frame skips may occur on some systems due to the cost of loading numerous large textures to the GPU.

With “Use Texture Streaming” checked (on), textures will load faster initially, but at lower resolution. When the system is under load, especially during rapid movement and/or changes to the scene, this may result in a period where an object is visible at lower detail, but frame skips should be avoided.​

• Screen stuck on "Loading Environment"

One report. User reported that a fresh install, updating Drivers and turning off overclocking solved this issue.​

"Additional Issues - Unverified" (Need More Information):

• Missing assets ( that are built in and payware) that were not missing before.
Issue not reproducible by QA. More information required. Most likely indicates that there is a change in the database for some reason. We're keen to find out how these issues are created so that we can improve the process to avoid them in the future.​
To attempt to resolve use -> Content Manager/Developer/Rebuild Database and allow the db repair to complete. Once the repair is complete, restart Trainz. There should be no missing dependencies with builtin content. Please advise us if this process resolves your issue.​

• A number of <unknown assets> present in Content Manager immediately after install/patching
Issue not reproducible by QA. More information required.​

• Content Store errors
The majority of initial issues (which are related to the content set not being fully up to date for the latest product) have been or are being rectified. No known errors currently exist that cause a user-facing issue (other than the error message, which we're addressing).​

• ECML and Mojave - Some Tunnels/bridges not set to correct height
CNR (could not reproduce in our testing). Requires additional information to reproduce.​

• When opening session/route the game crashes to desktop.
Several reports have indicated a problem with crashing when first loading a route or session.
Subsequent loads then do not crash. This is possibly an issue with precaching assets and once the assets are precached, the crash does not reoccur.

Requires additional information to reproduce reliably. Please submit bug reports with link to your route and any non-DLS dependencies via this link: Trainz Bug Report.

If we are able to install your route and content set we can almost always identify the content issue and resolve the problem.

For example, we’ve fixed crash issues (internally) with:
* CFD locotracteur loco
* Edit routes/sessions where certain locos had their headlights on
* Using bulk/replace to globally replace CNR Switch Stand Yard 4

UPDATED LIST FEB 7th:
  • Adding a new effect layer removes existing turffx layers (appears to be corrupt data in test route)
  • ACS Coupling status not "saved"
  • JMR signals no longer show coronas in surveyor when paused
  • Client cannot connect to MP when using filter Type = Multiplayer
  • Cannot "select" any of the MP sessions
  • MP Filter not clearing some older sessions
  • Mini-map view in Surveyor is not updating when roaming throughout the 3D world
  • Map view track overlay shows when in lineside view
  • Track Priority Markers default to "0"
  • Shadow in Driver from Surveyor only elements
  • Surveyor only roads no longer generate traffic outside of Surveyor
  • 'default to last used assets' setting does not work for Object mode
  • Random Scenery Tool shows incorrect/misleading message when one asset is removed from the list
  • Time format changes in save session in Driver
  • Cryllic characters show as ?? prior to downloading from DLS
  • Mac .dmg window has black text on black background
  • Built-in eucalyptus trees "flash"
  • Black speckles in Port Zyd (at midday only)

Require more information to reproduce:
  • Driver commands not all listed at times
  • Submitting items in CM fails some of the time
  • Assigning drivers sometimes lists partial driver list
  • Name-able signs not showing (then are showing)
  • Loco sound - change in behaviour from 100240

Design:
  • Investigate MOSWT and dighole issues (tunnel entrances)

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

not actually a bug, but pretty annoying that on Mac the standard key binding for undo/redo uses CTRL instead of CMD key - I know, it’s adjustable but feels weird especially for new comers.

Second is the readability in CM when OS X darkmode is turned on, but I’m sure you already have that on your list :)

One additional question regarding procedural tracks:
I listed some issues a while ago in this thread:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?140433-Display-issues-with-procedural-track

Topic #2 is:
For junctions using two different tracks, both of the blades are referenced from the straight track, should be one of each.

This issue still seems open in recent stable builds. Can you maybe give an update about that?

Besides that, thanks for the good work and for providing these patches and SPs!

Cheers
Sachsenbahner

Last edited:
I'm still having part of a previously reported issue with ACS couplings. If I couple vehicles together in surveyor the coupling meshes now move to their coupled position as expected (fixed from earlier betas), however if you save the session, exit surveyor and then open the session again in either surveyor or driver all the coupling meshes have reverted to their uncoupled state even though the vehicles themselves remain coupled.

I second that request (different blades for different tracks)

please, oh, please revert the ‚find’ window functionality to the state from before TANE. I mean the surveyor search engine window - when you call the window it should be accessible immediately, now (from TANE to TRS19) first you have to call it and then you have to click the text box to activate it. Wnen you call the window you want to use it instantly so there is no point of telling trainz the same thing twice in a sequence... I say ‚call’ because there is no default button for it in TRS19 SP1 (why did you remove it???) so I have the F as a hot key set for this. I mean the search engine of available assets in your database, not the search of assets on your map/session.

I've noticed that any driverless locos are being populated by drivers in the session even if the box to assign drivers is not ticked. it is even assigning drivers that do not have a train.

When a Track Priority Marker is added its default priority level is 0 not 2. It can then be altered to 1, 2 or 3 as per normal.

I mean the search engine of available assets in your database, not the search of assets on your map/session
>>
I don’t fully understand. Are you talking about the search filter window? It is not removed. It is available one level down, and once opened you can leave it open.

Edh6 - is this in Driver or Surveyor? Does it correctly set in Driver?

I see no mention of any TurfFX issues. In my experience there are a number...

1. Areas of TurfFX applied (and visible) in Surveyor do not always display in Driver. The areas that have TurfFX displayed in Driver depends on the direction of travel, and the density of application.

2. TurfFX defined after application of the initially defined set of TurfFX can only be applied to 'untreated' based boards. If you try to apply them to areas with existing TurfFX the existing TurfFX in that area are wiped out. I have seen a couple of threads on this one.

3. Possibly an extension of 2. Once a large area of TurfFX has been applied (hundreds of base boards ?), any new definition wipes out existing TurfFX across the entire route in a seemingly random manor. This one I reported to the Helpdesk, and it was acknowledged as a problem.

4. When merging routes only the TurfFX in the base route survive the merge.

I had hoped these issues might have been addressed with SP1, since the TRS2019 pre-release TurfFX hipe was the main reason I upgraded to TRS2019.

Last edited:
merging routes (non payware / built-ins):
... i have 3 versions 105096:
- trs19 clean = built-ins + payware = (really clean = no missings nor faulties)
- trs19 philskene = phils payware & freeware + built-ins (kickstarter county + niddertahlbahn) + some selected payware ( ... ) = (... nearly clean = 1 unknown missing + 2 faulties ...)
- trs19 working = all built-ins + payware, additional pay- & freeware + my selfmade routes + (edited) routes from other creators ... = (... not so clean ....)

in trs19 working version : https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?152965-merging-cloned-(-modified)-payware-routes
-- new route = trs19 launcher ==> start trainz ==> driver/surveyor ==> create route ... topology (f1) ==> advanced : no effect layers ...
-- route to merge = my own (blank "new") route with self-made layers
-- merged route = no effect layers ... so, the layers from the 2nd (selfmade) route were not merged / copied ...
... is this still a bug ?
... did QA investigate, like Tony said in #7 (in that thread)?

in trs19 philskene version :
-- <kuid2:69871:3458:1> The Mann, Phrom, Laramee RR - Woodlands - Model Trainz Layout = no layers
-- merged with : <kuid2:69871:3516:1> TRS19 - The Klozett RRCo - NG Model Trainz Layout = 2 layers
-- merged route result : no effect layers

distortion in surveyor : https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151344-port-zyd-distortion-in-surveyor
<kuid2:69871:2269:5> Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad - Model Trainz = ... still has his distortion -> so i disabled ...
... fortunately he himself did an update (july 2019) : <kuid2:69871:3534:1> TRS19 - The Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad - Model Trainz Layout
... remains the question : what was the cause of that event ?

turffx :
... as already mentioned by footplatephil ...
+ at the edge of the board : narrow line of floating (layer)parts in space ..

grtz
daveric

Last edited:
Hi Tony
I've just seen that you've found a response to a bug with my creation locotracteur CFD. Can I have an explication of the bug and the solution?
Thanks
Jean-Pierre
When TRS19 SP1 was released, a number of people raised issues that had not been identified during the external beta testing. This thread lists the "Known Issues" that we have seen reported and replicated and also lists "Additional Issues - Unverified" which are issues we have not been able to reproduce.

We would like users who have updated their build to SP1 (on PC or Mac, or on Steam) to read through this list and then do the following:

(i) Respond with "No additional issues" if you have not seen any additional issues that are new to this build
(ii) If there is a new issue to report, please respond with a detailed step by step guide how to reproduce the issue (or use the Trainz Bug Report form).
(iii) If you have additional information on the Unverified problems, please use the Trainz Bug Report form

NOTE: this is not a "wishlist" request, we are looking to hear if you have no issue or have found specific problems that were not present previously.

Known Issues (bugs verified, to be fixed):

• Route has 0 height and no textures (test case provided; <kuid:68830:100557> Wagga to Henty)
  • No red spline for non-formed procedural track junctions
  • Diurnal Cycle button not working
  • Weather resets to default when switching modes
  • Road traffic stops at intersections in Surveyor
  • Ranked Session score/clock not showing
  • Backspace and delete key not working in Save AS dialog
  • CM horizontal scroll is missing (when adding new columns)
  • Portal (and other MOSWT assets) height offsets by 2.0m when near a dig-hole
  • Junctions do not animate in surveyor like they used to
  • Delete Ground tool's message no longer offers option to not show message in future
  • Several assets have had their version lowered (e.g. <kuid2:56063:700038:1> Caterpillar )
    (Fixed: Items listed in this user report are now available on DLS)

Design Issues:
  • Undo/Redo buttons now require multiple clicks.

Current workaround: Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-Z Hotkeys (and the ability to bind any other key combo you like).​
If you have a multi-button mouse, you can also bind hotkeys to the buttons.​
We are investigating various options to expose Undo/Redo or provide better options in future updates.​
Note that there isn’t a simple “switch” we can flick to revert to the old menu system.​

Non-bugs:
  • Textures are loading slowly
There have been changes to texture streaming and results will differ with each use case. In short, in Performance Settings, with “Use Texture Streaming” unchecked (off), textures will load slower, but at the highest resolution immediately. Some frame skips may occur on some systems due to the cost of loading numerous large textures to the GPU.

With “Use Texture Streaming” checked (on), textures will load faster initially, but at lower resolution. When the system is under load, especially during rapid movement and/or changes to the scene, this may result in a period where an object is visible at lower detail, but frame skips should be avoided.​

• Screen stuck on "Loading Environment"

One report. User reported that a fresh install, updating Drivers and turning off overclocking solved this issue.​

"Additional Issues - Unverified" (Need More Information):

• Missing assets ( that are built in and payware) that were not missing before.
Issue not reproducible by QA. More information required. Most likely indicates that there is a change in the database for some reason. We're keen to find out how these issues are created so that we can improve the process to avoid them in the future.​
To attempt to resolve use -> Content Manager/Developer/Rebuild Database and allow the db repair to complete. Once the repair is complete, restart Trainz. There should be no missing dependencies with builtin content. Please advise us if this process resolves your issue.​

• A number of <unknown assets> present in Content Manager immediately after install/patching
Issue not reproducible by QA. More information required.​

• Content Store errors
The majority of initial issues (which are related to the content set not being fully up to date for the latest product) have been or are being rectified. No known errors currently exist that cause a user-facing issue (other than the error message, which we're addressing).​

• ECML and Mojave - Some Tunnels/bridges not set to correct height
CNR (could not reproduce in our testing). Requires additional information to reproduce.​

• When opening session/route the game crashes to desktop.
Several reports have indicated a problem with crashing when first loading a route or session.
Subsequent loads then do not crash. This is possibly an issue with precaching assets and once the assets are precached, the crash does not reoccur.

Requires additional information to reproduce reliably. Please submit bug reports with link to your route and any non-DLS dependencies via this link: Trainz Bug Report.

If we are able to install your route and content set we can almost always identify the content issue and resolve the problem.

For example, we’ve fixed crash issues (internally) with:
* CFD locotracteur loco
* Edit routes/sessions where certain locos had their headlights on
* Using bulk/replace to globally replace CNR Switch Stand Yard 4​

I second that request (different blades for different tracks)

please, oh, please revert the ‚find’ window functionality to the state from before TANE. I mean the surveyor search engine window - when you call the window it should be accessible immediately, now (from TANE to TRS19) first you have to call it and then you have to click the text box to activate it. Wnen you call the window you want to use it instantly so there is no point of telling trainz the same thing twice in a sequence... I say ‚call’ because there is no default button for it in TRS19 SP1 (why did you remove it???) so I have the F as a hot key set for this. I mean the search engine of available assets in your database, not the search of assets on your map/session.

Are you on a PC? I use ctrl/f and the window opens with the cursor flashing in the text box, I just start typing. Works in surveyor and driver.

Edh6 - is this in Driver or Surveyor? Does it correctly set in Driver?

It happens in both. The couplings change mesh/animate fine when vehicles are coupled in both. The issue is that when you open a previously saved session the coupling mesh/animation is not remembered.

The sequence to reproduce is:
- open any route and place two vehicles with ACS couplings.
- couple them together
- observe that meshes have moved to the coupled state
- save a new session
- close surveyor by going back to the main menu
- open the previously created session in surveyor or driver
- observe coupling meshes are now back in uncoupled state

My testing has mainly been with my own vehicles using superscript (particularly my new Highland carriages - eg <KUID2:403746:2277:2>), but I have noticed the effect on vehicles with other scripts too.

I've noticed that any driverless locos are being populated by drivers in the session even if the box to assign drivers is not ticked. it is even assigning drivers that do not have a train.

I have locos in yards for "scenery". All locos got drivers which cluttered up driver list. I turned off Automatically Assign Drivers. Problem solved. So the "bug" is not universal.

In CM "Submit Edit" dose not always work the first time, it dose the second time, this is very random about 2% of the time.

Hi Tony.
When I try to paint with textures next to tracks that already have ballast textures painted, the new texture overlaps the sleepers and they disappear beneath this texture layer. Sometimes it is possible to correct it with several tweaks, but often it is not. And this becomes critical when it comes to large areas of land. So annoying and irritating was this defect, that for quite some time I abandoned my project.
Now I would like to take it back where it was, because I see the possibility that you will correct this persistent bug soon. It's possible?

[Mac] Payware / not active etc asset problems started for me after SP 1 was released *on PC*, but *before I had updated to SP1* (on Steam). TRS automatically offered the content update window at launch; as there is no explanation of what the content is other than package numbers I was not sure what it was trying to obtain and assumed there had been an update of content to fix issues - and so allowed it to download.

Since that initial problem and following the SP1 forum thread, I have repaired database, both short and full rebuild, neither with success.

TRS then offered further content update which I allowed; it has partially fixed some content but much remains problematic.

I have now updated to SP1 on Mac - I have not tested extensively, but no apparent new issues beyond assets / content.

From the above it seems there is a CM / asset / DLS problem separate from issues with the locally installed program, and associated with changes to how the server / content / communications works...?

I'm still having part of a previously reported issue with ACS couplings. If I couple vehicles together in surveyor the coupling meshes now move to their coupled position as expected (fixed from earlier betas), however if you save the session, exit surveyor and then open the session again in either surveyor or driver all the coupling meshes have reverted to their uncoupled state even though the vehicles themselves remain coupled.

I can confirm that. Just ran some tests and after reloading the saved session into surveyor the couplings are not just uncoupled they have vanished. When I add an additional vehicle (uncoupled) its couplings are present in the uncoupled state and when I couple it to the last vehicle in the consist (with invisible couplings) the couplings between the two appear in the coupled state.

Testing was done with <kuid:368725:15015> TGR E van with animated couplings and brake hoses. NG42.

EDIT: Interestingly, when I add the extra wagon close enough to the consist that it is automatically coupled then it also has invisible couplings. If I then do an Undo (Ctrl-Z) the new wagon vanishes and all the other wagons suddenly have their couplings back fully coupled.

EDIT2: Problem is reproduceable in TRS19 Platinum as well.

Last edited:
Back