Trainz Plus Beta Update 105624 available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
There's an update from 105458 to 105624 available on the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

Changelist:
  • Delete missing assets now better handles deleting of "unknown" assets
  • Faulty asset validation now pays attention to dependants of any asset version, not just the modified asset version.
  • Turffx no longer disappears near the camera
  • Turffx no longer disappears and rebuilds (stalling) regularly when driving
  • Improvements to Turffx redraw process (much faster to build grid)
  • Crash fix when exiting session with CFD locotracteur loco
  • Region assets no longer show errors
  • Player can now regain train control when loading a save game
  • Advanced options window no longer opens when using the Preset arrow buttons
  • Update the effect layers dialog to not automatically apply binding changes when switching to a preset
  • More Turffx improvements
  • Fix for randomly disappearing track

Known Issues:
  • Certain sessions load with derailed consists or consists at 0.0
  • No horizontal scrolling on the content list
  • Commodity shows 458m queue size

Last edited:
Thank you, Tony.

The updates installed quickly and now running the database repair. I'll be busy testing tomorrow.

Hi Tony
DL okay
Install and DB repair okay
Still have 40 faulty region files - seems that this build is picky about out-dated issues one examples below:

! <kuid2:348638:100002:1> VE179: The kuid '<kuid2:67261:29302:2>' specified in 'car0' is not of the correct type.

! <kuid2:283523:60004:1> VE179: The kuid '<kuid:-25:485>' specified in 'defaultjunction' is not of the correct type.

FIXED - did a few open & close edits and view faults - I suppose TRS19 was working in the background as well and all appears sorted - weird??????

Have a lot of these others say faulty but when checking for the fault box reads 0 faults

Last edited:
Still have 40 faulty region files
>>
What does it show as errors when you click View Errors and warnings?
Does saving one as a .cdp adjust the status?
(There's an open task about incorrect faulty status)

Hi N3V,

the following asset is faulty:

N&W Y6B Tender - downloadable from DLS, is faulty because dependency:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid2:523:19723189:2> N&W Y6B TenderTruck 02 is installed, Payware not active
How can that be? [/FONT]

Strange, the TenderTruck 02, <kuid2:523:19723189:2>, is ok with me, but I have still some other Payware-not-active assets, I don't know why.

Regards
Swordfish

Hi N3V,

the following asset is faulty:

N&W Y6B Tender - downloadable from DLS, is faulty because dependency:

<kuid2:523:19723189:2> N&W Y6B TenderTruck 02 is installed, Payware not active
How can that be?

I have had this error for the last 2 updates. Just waiting for it to clear up.

Regions

All the regions were still faulty last night. So I tried the open to edit and resubmit. After resubmit still faulty, then I just double clicked the region in Cm and it was good after that. Strange but worked. View errors showed no errors. Today after work I will check out the routes with TurfFX to see how that works now. Had to go to sleep last night.

105100 to 105458 to 105624: for the first time in History, nothing faulty and/or missing!

ALL savegames now unusable: ALL start with derailed trains! Can't even start some existing sessions!

My own sessions appear to be OK as is saving and restarting them, ATLS broken again on My FR route, had to again rename the controllers, which fixed it. May just be my imagination but the lighting looks to be better?

Both consists were under AI control.

report1.jpg

report1pic.jpg

Last edited:
Known Issue:

• Certain sessions load with derailed consists or consists at 0.

From the top-post.

Yes I read that. But it is not "certain" but ALL. The icing on the cake: several sessions provided with the routes by their authors can't even be played anymore (locos vanished at load and/or derailed rolling stock too).

Yes I read that. But it is not "certain" but ALL. The icing on the cake: several sessions provided with the routes by their authors can't even be played anymore (locos vanished at load and/or derailed rolling stock too).

I know. I had the same thing.

My recommendation is to setup your own sessions for testing purposes. You can create session and reassign the drivers to the newly placed locomotives. If there are special driver rules, they can be copied, one at a time, and pasted into the new session. Remember this is a testing version and should be treated as such. This is why I have a duplicate of my other content located on another hard disk. If something should go wrong, I haven't lost anything and can continue with the previous version.

Anyway I did this with one of my own routes that had a bunch of issues. It was easier than trying to right all the derailed consists, which can be righted by clicking on them if they're visible. Sometimes they're still there, but can't be touched. In that case, delete missing assets is the only thing that can be done. This is why I recommend creating a new session - it's a lot faster.

I also found this too:

2020-01-25 005416.jpg

Back