Snowdon Moutain Railway objects

freightcar2

Hi there

I am looking for the following standard gauge Trainz engines and passenger wagons/carriages:

1. L.A.D.A.S
2. Enid
3. Wyddfa
4. Snowdon
5. Moel Siabod
6. Padarn
7. Ralph
8. Eryri

Has anyone made those yet or is plannig to make them?

Thank you

FC2

Hi there

I am looking for the following standard gauge Trainz engines and passenger wagons/carriages:

1. L.A.D.A.S
2. Enid
3. Wyddfa
4. Snowdon
5. Moel Siabod
6. Padarn
7. Ralph
8. Eryri

Has anyone made those yet or is plannig to make them?

Thank you

FC2

i dont think that MT snowdon railway is standard gauge, on a college trip we lead a hike up the mounting, id tell anyone to do it who hasnt. this may be a train sim, but to anyone visiting the area walk up the moutain and walk down, it will take about a 4-5 hours but worth it, take the train another day but do the walk first if you want to see great views of wales.

id be very intreasted in this route, although i have never used the train iv always walked it

The gauge is 800mm - cyberstorm has made some suitable rack and plain track, plus bridges. He has also made some Swiss electric rolling stock to suit. I'm pretty certain that no-one has made anything specifically for Snowdon.

Paul

Well,

The Snowdon Mountain railway was designd by Dr Abb (IIRC), so I guess the Swiss rolling stock isn't out of place.

The typical view from the top of Snowdon is the same as most UK mountains - 50 feet visibility then grey clag!

Nowadays when the weather clears is seems to be sky full of helicopters and journalists....

And a last safety note - if you do plan a walk up/down Snowdon, please do take waterproofs, warm clothing, food, drink, map and compass. (and know how to use them all). The railway route can be lethal in winter, the mountain weather is generally unpredictable (I've had cold wet & hail/sleet in July). If you're not prepared the consequences can be fatal.

Take Care,

Colin

Well,

The Snowdon Mountain railway was designd by Dr Abb (IIRC), so I guess the Swiss rolling stock isn't out of place.

The typical view from the top of Snowdon is the same as most UK mountains - 50 feet visibility then grey clag!

Nowadays when the weather clears is seems to be sky full of helicopters and journalists....

And a last safety note - if you do plan a walk up/down Snowdon, please do take waterproofs, warm clothing, food, drink, map and compass. (and know how to use them all). The railway route can be lethal in winter, the mountain weather is generally unpredictable (I've had cold wet & hail/sleet in July). If you're not prepared the consequences can be fatal.

Take Care,

Colin

your right there i climbed it in december 05, and was quite a warm day sun was out, but freezing in the shaddow's you know you near the top when the RAF fly bellow you, you will also see RAF hawks with pilots in training fly below you.

to add to colins safety is that if your not using the railway route then the track might turn into very a pile of rocks, when we was going up the path stopped and we had to climb over rocks and loose stones also some of the paths become very narrow with large drops at the side and can have ice on. also when i was walking i became very hot when walking but very cold when having a reast make sure that if you strip down to your top (like it did) dont put your jumper in your bergen, tie it around your wast and put it on when you stop. and take a camera. and i know this is a train sim website but i suggest that you take a route thats isnt the railway, you get much more of a challenging walk

i am very muct looking forward to this route so id liek to help out a bit, by suggesting some items

Narrow gauge shed: i never walked the rail route but im sure they have a few sheds somewhere to store their locos and this shed is a stone shed and looks quite welsh
KUID2: 179340:223:1

you might want to look for a few non-passenger rolling stock as well
here are a few narrow gauge non-passenger rolling stock items, when i walked up there they where doing work on the cafe up top, so the locos where used to transport the men, tools a digger etc etc
210518:6031:1
210518:6023:1

a nice little narrow gauge british loco, click the view pack as you get more than one loco
142268:10001:2

three narrow locos: they are german, but it either use locos that look like the ones that run the route or wait for someone to make them
203201:9:1
203201:8:1
203201:7:1

another loco
121794:99907
121794:99905
121794:99900
200726:99976

Talking about this I was thinking about making the Snowdon Mountain Railway one of my future projects.

Matthew.

There is a snowdon route on the DLS, and some rolling stock (though I think the stock has some missing and/or faulty parts).

Paul

There is a snowdon route on the DLS, and some rolling stock (though I think the stock has some missing and/or faulty parts).

Paul

Searched DLS (black pages) for Snowdon/snowdon in title & Description for all builds of Trainz , all I could find was Backdrop snowdon2 by belkenn for TRS2004 <kuid:[FONT=Verdana, Arial]173173:2089>. :(
Would be grateful if you could point me in right direction for the route and/or rolling stock.
Thanks in advance, Pete

[/FONT]

Searched DLS (black pages) for Snowdon/snowdon in title & Description for all builds of Trainz , all I could find was Backdrop snowdon2 by belkenn for TRS2004 <kuid:[FONT=Verdana, Arial]173173:2089>. :(
Would be grateful if you could point me in right direction for the route and/or rolling stock.
Thanks in advance, Pete

[/FONT]

460482:1014 SMR No. 4
460482:1049 Route

by gliderrick

Rog

Sodor Island 3D has made Culdee and Lord Harry, which are based on the engines from the Snowdon Mountain Railway.

When I go to Great Britain, the Snowdon Mountain Railway is going to be in the top 10 railways I want to visit!

But first (On my combined list of locos and railways to see) will always be Lion, second Flying Scotsman, third Mallard.

This thread reminds me of a noob who reskinned Skarloey123's models of Culdee and Lord Harry as their Snowdon counterparts illegally.They were rubbish reskins Fortunately, they were reported and removed. The guy even had the nerve to reskin Lord Harry into Snowdon's No. 5, regardless of the numbers on Lord Harry and Culdee being 3D.

The route, which this same reskinner made, WAS on the dls, but seems to have been removed.

Searched DSL for those kuids and username, ticked all build from TS2010 right down to PreSP3 and got nothing! No Downloads Found.
Thanks anyway :-(

Pete

Sorry Pete, they showed up in CM3.3 but will not d/l, must have been deleted.
Rog

Paul
Have you managed to download them? I tried, but Content Manager failed to find a download URL. These items won't show up on the Web page either.

See post 16 they were illegal reskins and removed from the DLS, unless someone decides to make some proper locos and rolling stock there is nothing I'm afraid.

Back