EIT and passing sidings question for pguy

KenRuof

I have a question for pguy. I am using your EIT and mission code manager. My route is about 55 miles long with 2/3 of it is single track
with passing sidings. What I want to do is have trains meet at the sidings. The first train there would go in the siding and wait
until the
second one passes. I have not figured out how to configure the towers and mission code manager. Any insight would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Ken

I have a question for pguy. I am using your EIT and mission code manager. My route is about 55 miles long with 2/3 of it is single track
with passing sidings. What I want to do is have trains meet at the sidings. The first train there would go in the siding and wait
until the
second one passes. I have not figured out how to configure the towers and mission code manager. Any insight would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Ken

Hi Ken.

for a single track route with several passing places, I would recommend to protect each single track between two passing places using a track circuit block (tcb) and to have one tower for each passing place with paths protecting the junction(s) for entering or leaving the single track. You need for paths entering the single track to have their exit signal placed so that it is embedded in the single track tcb. By activating for these entering paths the process tcb at exit signal option, these paths will only activate if the tcb (the single track) is not occupied.
For paths leaving the single track to the passing place tracks, you can also use tcb to check track avaibility in the passing place tracks.

Another method which does not need any tcb for the single track is to still have one tower for each passing place, with dynamic ownership activated and with leaving paths from the passing place covering all the single track with an exit signal on entry to the next passing place siding track. this method can support multi tracks at a passing place using a tcb to detect the passing place track avaibility.

I am currently out home until Wednesday (not so far) and may be I can create and upload on DLS a small demo route with two or three passing places and showing the methods that can be used to protect and automate traffic on the single track using EIT’s features.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.

Just to add that the MCM element, to compliment Pierre's suggestion, would be to define 2 paths for each train (mission code) from the entry signal to each EIT.

Path A - straight through to main line
Path B - divert to passing siding

You'd then give Path A a higher priority (e.g. 1) than B (e.g. 2 or 3). That way, if the single track ahead is clear, the train will take path A and continue to the main line. If not, the lower priority path will be selected and it would divert to the siding.

It will probably make more sense if / when Pierre creates a small demo as discussed above.

John

That would be great if you could make a demo route/session. I think I am close but from your explanation I will have to make adjustments to the placement of towers.

I followed your advise on use TCD everywhere and it works great. I had 3 trains running today and they all met successfully.

Back