Accicental Delete...Major Screw Up in '19!

rick1958

Hey folks,
I hope someone has an answer or I'll have MANY wasted hours I'll never get back.
I was clearing out old sessions and accidentally deleted the route it's self.
Is there a place where, just maybe, auto-backups are stored that I can. possible, hopefully, restore.
Dumb...dumb...move on my part :(
Wow...I even accidentally misspelled Accidental. It's going to be a bad day...LOL

Last edited:
Hi John, I needed to drag up this old thread becuase I needed a route that was deleted. I went in, found the route and attempted to drop it into CM.
Result came back 11 errors but the route didn't install. I looked through my KUID's and it's not there. Attempted to install through "Drag 'n Drop" and the folder installation menu.
Did a Database rebuild. No luck. Any ideas? BTW...There's a Trainz asset overlay that's empty. Thanks for any input

DISASTER AVOIDANCE is a procedural issue.

Procedure for my Yuma route I have worked going on three years now:

Each day's work file name Save is sequential...Yuma-a, Yuma-b, Yuma-c...etc. As of today I'm up to Yuma-wg... (Do the math on that...)
Keep THREE versions handy, always deleting the oldest fourth. After 26 when I reach ...z, I CDP export to a safe place on the hard drive, keeping the last three there.
First of every month I backup the entire Trainz User folder and CDPs to an external drive, and yes, keeping last three there.
Therefore I am NEVER over a few minutes away from recovering from a disaster...Even if computer EXPLODES! Fine as long as house don't burn down...I stay out of THE CLOUDS...

Handling TZARC folders:

Sometimes the item you want to restore will be saved in tzarc format
In this case, find the .tzarc folder in your backup folder (it will have a name like kuid2 438196 1187 1.tzarc)
This could be a builtin item or 3rd party item
We now need to drag or copy the .tzarc file using Windows Explorer into your "local" Folder that is in the same directory as your "backups" folder (this is the important part - you cannot drag a .tzarc file into Content Manager)
Then click Launcher > Developer > Rebuild Database
Once the repair has finished, review the restored version to check everything is restored correctly

Back