PLEASE HELP !

Trainz Legend
Please someone tell me there is a solution to this problem.
When we try to load some trainz maps it comes up with.

ERROR. YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO LOAD A DRIVER OR SURVEYOR WITHOUT A MAP.

Please somebody know a problem cause its happening to my ropes creek and there is no BLOODY (sorry buts thats the best word) way i am starting again.

Also will doing a system restore on my computer help.

Sometimes I have this problem and what I had to do is go into CMP and hit commit on theses items. that normally fixes the problem or you might be missing something that the route needs. first of all i would check in the cmp if your missing anything important to the route

Hi 0099

Your error is what happens when you have TRS 2006 without Service Pack 1 installed and you try to load a route that was built in TRS 2006 with SP1 installed.

Cheers

AJ

But i have service pack 1.
And i did all the right things like not playing it before installing.
I Did a system restore till two days ago and that seemed to fix it.
My dad reckons it was a software confliction because it happened after i installed a new game.

Now it won't work again!
This is really starting to get annoying.
Commiting it did nothing only stuffing it up more.

Hi 0099,

Not sure which Operating system you're using (XP/Vista) - but I see that you & your dad use the PC.
Do you have your own user account?

If you do, you have to be a "super user" to install the SP correctly - because you have to remove the read-only attribute to the TRS 2006 folder. If you don't do that then odd things happen (as I found out:( )

I'm not sure of you need to be a "super user" to run TRS 2006 on XP - as I use my PC, I have all "rights"....

If you're using Vista, then have a search for Vista - there are heaps of instructions in the forum

Colin

Last edited:
I have windows XP and i haven't gotton any problems till now.
I don't know if this helps of even makes sense but...
The other game that is stuffing up is called trackmania.
When trainz is working that isn't and when trackmania is working guess what isn't!

Also i have my own user and i uninstalled trackmania only for the fact that i don't lose my account and i can't install on that because its not administrator.

Last edited:
AJ_FoxHi 0099

Your error is what happens when you have TRS 2006 without Service Pack 1 installed and you try to load a route that was built in TRS 2006 with SP1 installed.

Cheers

AJ

I have this big problem, I´ve turned to TRS2006 without SP1 because of my PC configuration. Does anybody know how to solve the problem without installing SP1?
Many thanx.

This is probably unrelated but I had this problem with some maps from DLS, where the actual map file was not downloaded and installed because it was built for TRS04 (I have 06 SP1).

Back