A new interlocking tower popup

ecco

I am getting a popup reading:
You are approaching the signal 'IT SP D Entry' which is an entry point to an area controlled by interlocking tower 'IT SP'. To gain access to the interlocking tower please select a path from the list below.
Path Name...
None
IT SP D Entry to IT SP A Exit
etc
etc
etc​

All trains are under the control of AI drivers. Why is this box popping up? To whom is this directed?

Do you have two possible routes the tower can send the train along? to reach its next target. If this is the case the tower can not decide which one to select.

Do you have two possible routes the tower can send the train along? to reach its next target. If this is the case the tower can not decide which one to select.

The tower controls a Y. Three possible entry points. Six possible paths. The popup appears but nothing seems to be affected. Last night the Route ran for 7 hours with 7 AIs. During that time all the trains passed the tower at least once, probably twice.

Also it says: "You are approaching the signal 'IT SP D Entry' which is an entry point to an area controlled by interlocking tower 'IT SP'"

Note: YOU are approaching... I am not driving any train. All are under AI control. If it was an AI train, the message should read: "Driver Harald" or "Eng Coals"... is approaching.

This never came up with TANE.

As info only, just to let you know you are not alone: I've seen this popup but being new to Trainz at the time (a year ago perhaps), I had no idea what it was and I just ignored it. I don't even remember the Route/Session involved. Sorry for the non help.

Yes. I was asking why this message pops up since all trains are under the control of AI drivers.

I understand that I can bring up a "box" that shows the status of trains in and around IT controlled areas. This is not that.

PGUY, are you out there?

Blog this Post

Hi Ecco.

With EITs (not possible with standard ITs) you should no longer have the path selection box displayed when approaching an entry signal if you have selected "display yellow disc disabled" in the tower option "tower yellow disc option". if it does not work or if you are using standard ITs, you can also have a more radical option which is to suppress the rule "Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI" from your session rules list. As it is this rule which is in charge of displaying the selection box, if you suppress it from your session no selection box can be any longer displayed.

Personally as I never use the selection box (using ITSetPath or MissionCode for selecting paths for AI trains or user driver trains) I always suppress the "interlocking tower path selection UI" rule from all my sessions.

Hope this may help.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Hi Pierre, It's been a while. Hope you're doing well.

I haven't set the "display yellow disc" to disabled yet, but I'm not getting the popup any more. What was really puzzling was that it was coming up at all. It did not show what train it was referring to and all my trains are AI controlled. Why would a popup ask what path to activate when there is no way to know what train it was referring to.

Also, for what it's worth, for this comparatively simple layout (Clinchfield - modified) I am just controlling traffic around three Y's with two towers. Since it's a relatively large map there is plenty of room for the approaching trains to "contact" the tower with just the distance option. Aside from the mysterious popup, it's been working perfectly.

Regards,

ecco

Back