TurfFX problem

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
Quit using my name. RJ Artim.
The words are grabbed by JCitron. That I do not care what he is does as has it a good self.

RJ Artim

Last edited:
After the latest update, I have a strange thing happening. The TurfFX grass disappeared and reappeared as I am driving down the route. I lowered my graphics settings and distance settings and that did not do anything. This is happening now on the UMR2020 route. Only asset missing/faulty from it is the Right Hand Driving DES file. I have been making sessions for the route. The first one I tried had missing engines, so I had to edit it to add the missing engines back in. As I was driving the TurfFX kept popping in and out and I had a red signal ahead. I only had one train in the session. At the red light was another train that was my original train. So I had 2 copies of my train.

After installing the 100548 update and the automatic rebuild was spitting out an error constantly stating the compiler service could not start. At the end of it I had 4086 faulty assets. I did an extended rebuild and a lot got fixed, but I still had 240 faulty assets. Mainly because of the region problems. Then I noticed a few of the routes I got from the DLS were not in the route listing. So I did a prebuild cache and that brought them back to the listing. I basically spent the entire day trying to fix things.

I am going to try a few more routes with TurfFX today to see if it does it on them. As this is very annoying with it popping in and out as I go down the route. Hopefully this is from the faulty regions.

If anyone has any suggestions to fix things I would appreciate it.

It's different animals in the zoo and not related to each other. In other words, you're seeing multiple problems.

The region issue is known and N3V is working on getting us a patch soon(tm). For testing purposes, this being my test database, I replaced regions with another one that was working fine.

The grass issue should be reported and please report the assertion errors. I had 10 in a row with the last one repeating so I skipped the rest of the errors and continued. The route ran fine afterwards.

The TurfFX grass disappeared and reappeared as I am driving down the route.

Thanks for the report. We've reproduced the issue here and are investigating.

The region issue will be addressed in the next update.

Quit using my name for the symbol behind me. RJ Artim is not your use. I am going to take this to Tony so see if he can fix this. And hopefully the fake RJArtim goes away. When you can laugh.

RJ Artim.

Last edited:
Back