The elusive FP45?

Well, the creator Threeheadedmonkey shows as having TANE registered to him although he hasn't been on the forum since 2014. You could try contacting him and if he would in writing give his permission, I would share what I have on a as is basis. Clearly that is his intent in allowing N8phu to update and release them. Sg1 was also part of VMD although I think he mostly did textures.

William
that’s the original creator, Steffen, right? I doubt pming him would get me anywhere but in all technicality, wouldn’t n8phu be like a “new owner”? I know he’s going through tough times right now and I applaud him for even having a will to help this community during his busy life, but would getting it in writing from him be worth a shot? I know he’s not ready to post up his copies of them, so I wouldn’t bug him to rush, but maybe he’d allow a one-time distribution since he’s almost had the units placed in his care?

that’s the original creator, Steffen, right? I doubt pming him would get me anywhere but in all technicality, wouldn’t n8phu be like a “new owner”?

You are correct on this.

I know he’s going through tough times right now and I applaud him for even having a will to help this community during his busy life, but would getting it in writing from him be worth a shot? I know he’s not ready to post up his copies of them, so I wouldn’t bug him to rush, but maybe he’d allow a one-time distribution since he’s almost had the units placed in his care?

Part of the agreement that was made to get these units is that I do the work and distribute them solely thru TEH. Im afraid patience is the keyword here.

You are correct on this.

Part of the agreement that was made to get these units is that I do the work and distribute them solely thru TEH. Im afraid patience is the keyword here.
yeah, which I was planning on. I know you are still testing and updating the units, but so long as wreeder has them working in TRS2019 I was seeing if there was any possibility to get in touch with Steffen or you and and offer to pay Steffen if wreeder were to provide the units for me. Unlikely and probably hair-brained stupid, but coming from a player that bought into the game when the good content creators was shutting off, you can understand where I’m coming from. Nevertheless, really excited to see what else TEH has to offer, I’m probably the only person willing to pay for old, outdated content:udrool:

Steven

Steffen is sg1.

username "EMD FP45 ATSF Warbonnet_new"
author "Christian Steurer (Threeheadedmonkey)

I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

William

Steffen is sg1.

username "EMD FP45 ATSF Warbonnet_new"
author "Christian Steurer (Threeheadedmonkey)

I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

William
thanks for the clarification. N8phu might be right, even if you’re willing to let me have your copies, that might go against the grain of VMD’s wishes for where the content is going, I don’t even think there’s a way to contact either

Does anyone know where I might be able to get these models, even if they are payware? I'm willing to pay for these beauty's!

Just a quick update...

As I am Essential Personnel during the Pandemic, I am still working. In fact, I have been picking up a lot of overtime and currently preparing for 1/2 of my coworkers to retire at the end of the year, which is leading to some interesting times.

Plans are to include a better cab view for the F45/FP45s, as the F7 cab view just does not do it justice.

Hopefully things settle down or a cure is found...either way, im a busy bee as of late.

Chris

Last edited:
TUME has some old FP45s in Freightbonnet and Warbonnet on the DLS (Website version). They are amazing locomotives, but the horn is lacking. Personally I think it'd do well with an Leslie RS5T.

I'm afraid patience is the keyword here.
That's okay, I'll be patient.
FP45 and F45 are handsome locomotives.
Definitely top favorites. :cool:

The first HO scale locomotives ever I bought, in 1981, were Athearn's GP7 and FP45.

The 'chisel point' nose of FP45 reminds me of the Navy ships Dad was on at the time.

I actually got that horn placed on my copy of the TUME FP45's and I'm willing to transfer them to the new VMD FP45 when the time comes.

Back