The elusive FP45?

nikkigirl1

Building "The Cutoff"
It’s been some time...

Recently dove head-first into the game again upon purchasing Trainz 2019, after playing the garbage out of 2010 for ten years now. Upon this new upgrade and search for new content, I stumbled upon a few images on TrainzPortal of a yellowbonnet FP45 that is definitely not Tume’s old one(s), due to it looking much more “modern” compared to TRS2004. I’ve seen different variations of the same mesh, skinned in bookend floating around on google images etc, and I was wondering if anyone had any leads as to where to get my hands on it? I’m just coming out from under the rock of Trainz 2010, so if it happens to be a pay ware item that I wasn’t aware of, can anyone direct me to who has it/ who sells it?

The ones that were sold by VMD have serious issues and don't work in any Trainz newer than TRS2006. But the good news is N8phu was given permission to fix and release them in the future on his site.

https://n8phu.wordpress.com/

Hopefully, it won't be too long. He announces new stuff in the Freeware Announcement forum.

William

Nikkigirl1
Would this be the locomotive you are talking about?
If so as said before these are from VMD. They were payware. Hopefully N8phu gets them uploaded soon.
VMD-Locomotives.jpg

Wreeder,
I have been using these in every version of train since 04 with very few problems. That is in TRS2019.
Kenny
Ps I have had these since around 2005/2006.

Nikkigirl1
Would this be the locomotive you are talking about?
If so as said before these are from VMD. They were payware. Hopefully N8phu gets them uploaded soon.
VMD-Locomotives.jpg

Wreeder,
I have been using these in every version of train since 04 with very few problems. That is in TRS2019.
Kenny
Ps I have had these since around 2005/2006.
Dang, I didn’t know they had it in regular warbonnet. I only saw 5995 yellowbonnet that the user “epa” had posted in photos on trainzportal. They look like they’re it. If I didn’t know any better I’d beg you to send one of them to me:'( that warbonnet is something fresh, hope n8phu gets them up, that sight is a godsend for old content.

Dang, I didn’t know they had it in regular warbonnet. I only saw 5995 yellowbonnet that the user “epa” had posted in photos on trainzportal. They look like they’re it. If I didn’t know any better I’d beg you to send one of them to me:'( that warbonnet is something fresh, hope n8phu gets them up, that sight is a godsend for old content.

bpGa6MA.png
[/IMG]

This is the FP45 you are thinking of. These models are old SLI MSTS (Microsoft Train Sim) models that were converted (According to a friend that used to work for SLI) without consent from the original SLI creators into Trainz. There are quiet a few people that have these but are very reluctant to give them to anyone for fear of getting in trouble. (Because these were again converted to Trainz with out the consent of SLI (They are also payware items.)

Were the FP45 and F45 units updated? I have the GP7 and GP9 units that were updated for TS10 working in TRS19 but the others are from the original files I downloaded when I purchased them from VMD. When I try to import them into TANE or TRS19 I get a variety of errors. I'm pretty good at fixing errors but I couldn't get them to work.

William

bpGa6MA.png
[/IMG]

This is the FP45 you are thinking of. These models are old SLI MSTS (Microsoft Train Sim) models that were converted (According to a friend that used to work for SLI) without consent from the original SLI creators into Trainz. There are quiet a few people that have these but are very reluctant to give them to anyone for fear of getting in trouble. (Because these were again converted to Trainz with out the consent of SLI (They are also payware items.)
actually, I don’t think that’s the same one. The one I’m thinking of is absent of a beacon and does not have the same shade of yellow. This is the one I was seeing
2c273941-7a4c-45c7-ac51-d97f69f364bd

wreeder,
I have been using these since 05/06 time frame. By that i mean the files that make up the locomotives.
Kenny

See, I have the SD45, F45 and FP45 files from 2003 and a set of GP7 and GP9 files from 2010. VMD started updating the files for TS2010 and made them available to purchasers. I think they never got around to the SD45, F45 and FP45 files or I missed them. Anyway, I'll take another shot at installing them.

William

Indeed, I am upgrading them fo Tane... I am animating wheels, looking at replacing the couplers, I want to bake the units, and looking at the interior situations. Having said that, I am dealing with a sick family member and it is taking up a bit of my time, along with the fact that at work a new satellite design has been launched and I am busy with the ground systems build out. I haven't forgot about anyone, I just haven't had a lot of Trainz Time.

Edit : I am also giving the Geeps the same treatment.

I will be re releasing things as I get them done on TEH

Last edited:
I installed the SD45, F45 and FP45 locos into Tane. They are Trainz build 1.3. The bogies showed as faulty due to a misspelled tag in the config.txt. I fixed the spelling and they committed without errors. The locos all had the mesh referencing non-existent images in the shadow folder. I simply cloned the shadow.jpg image and renamed it neu-1.jpg and neu-2.jpg to make the error go away. Since Tane doesn't use the old system of shadow meshes, I believe it doesn't matter what the images look like as long as CM is happy.

The GP7 and GP9 locos are trainz build 2.9. The bogies had the same misspelled tag issue.

William

What was the typo misspeeled word ?

My my boss used to always misspell, the word: "misspell", as "misspeeled", and tell us the "New Palenium" was coming

Last edited:
While the yellow version might be, I dunno if the red Warbonnet SP45 "elusive". Well, maybe only for those who don't have it. I purchased it from VMD decades ago. It's seen excellent service ever since.

TRS19 with SP1, on my "Mann, Phrom, Laramee" layout (on the Download Station):

ATSF-FP45-Screenshot-1.jpg

ATSF-FP45-Screenshot-2.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
What was the typo misspeeled word ?

My my boss used to always misspell, the word: "misspell", as "misspeeled", and tell us the "New Palenium" was coming

Organisation was spelt as organistaion

Interesting that the spell checker of the forum flags that spelling as wrong. Insisting that the s should be a z.

That tag is obsolete now I believe but it was valid for 1.3 assets. Usage was like this:

organistaion "VMD"

William

Last edited:
These locos were really ahead of their time with the amount of detail they had. This was a time in Trainz when most rolling stock were boxes with little detail and very low resolution graphics. Interestingly, an Santa Fe FP45 was one of my first model railroad engines in the late sixties. I think it was made by AHM. It ran very smoothly.

William

I came too late when it comes to me purchasing payware and I'm just patiently waiting on N8PHU. However, TUME's FP45 models and Ronin13's BN F45 model did me well since when I had Trainz 12 despite the colors being off or bright, especially in TANE.

I came too late when it comes to me purchasing payware and I'm just patiently waiting on N8PHU. However, TUME's FP45 models and Ronin13's BN F45 model did me well since when I had Trainz 12 despite the colors being off or bright, especially in TANE.
yeah, ran those for as long as I can but they really started to drive me crazy next to the SRS C44s and the JointedRail content. Before I started this thread I was seriously debating on finding users that had the one I wanted and tossing money at them, that’s called complete desperation:confused:

yeah, ran those for as long as I can but they really started to drive me crazy next to the SRS C44s and the JointedRail content. Before I started this thread I was seriously debating on finding users that had the one I wanted and tossing money at them, that’s called complete desperation:confused:

Well, the creator Threeheadedmonkey shows as having TANE registered to him although he hasn't been on the forum since 2014. You could try contacting him and if he would in writing give his permission, I would share what I have on a as is basis. Clearly that is his intent in allowing N8phu to update and release them. Sg1 was also part of VMD although I think he mostly did textures.

William

Last edited:
Back