schedule library issue and replacement?

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
I think I'm having some problem with the schedule library. In the session editor, I created a set of rules for a specific section of track (navigate to ... and load)
In the route I added them to the setup of a Basic Portal so the every consist that is produced has the same set rules. The first two rules are ordinary and then I appended the rest from the schedule library.

When it is time for the first command in the library to execute, my TRS19 crashes to the desktop. Tried it again, same result. Removed the schedule library and everything is fine.

I looked at the site js-home.org/trainz and the schedule library has a big red banner "Outdated" at the top of the page. No indication of an update.

Is there something that has the same functionality that can replace this?

Have you tried the Schedule Library Rule that is built-in? It is <kuid2:192081:12:5> by brummfondel in TANE and <kuid:-3:10185> by Auran in TRS19?

I have used it in TANE (but not yet in TRS19) and it worked fine.

Last edited:
I use the current one all the time with little issues at all. Avoid append and use insert instead. This was and has been an issue all along. For some reason, using append causes commands to end up in the wrong order, but using insert after insert works fine.

I do not understand the purpose of this rule. The title "schedule" - is there a schedule? Is it supposed to work with the Schedule Train Library rule?.

Last edited:
The way that I have used the Driver Schedule Rule (<kuid2:82445:90001:9>) in the past is as a "Library" of Driver Command sequences - schedules if you like - that can be used to replace or add to the currently assigned commands for a driver under certain circumstances.

For example, if an AI driver is forced onto a particular path and activates a particular trigger then the current driver command list can be replaced by a set from the library or new library commands can be appended to the current commands. If a driver, under manual control, passes a signal at stop then it can be immediately issued with a Halt command from the Library.

Ok, the rule seems more related to the extemporaneous actions of a Driver, rather than the controlled command set of an AI journey. However AI can, at times, can need rules like this.:D THANKS

I use the current one all the time with little issues at all. Avoid append and use insert instead. This was and has been an issue all along. For some reason, using append causes commands to end up in the wrong order, but using insert after insert works fine.
Well Insert worked, no crash. Thanks for the tip.
Just wondering, how do I see the other Schedule library? I see it in CM but when I go to edit my session, the Add only shows one Schedule Library.

When I search for "Schedule" in CM (TRS19 Platinum) this is what I get.

Schedule-in-CM.png

The three shown that are rules all appear in the Session Editor ADD list in Surveyor. If you type "Schedule" in the entry box at the top of the ADD list, a natural thing to do when searching for Schedule rules, it will jump straight to the first rule name that begins with Schedule and skips over the "Driver Schedule Rule". So type "Driver" instead or scroll down the list.

When I search for "Schedule" in CM (TRS19 Platinum) this is what I get.

Schedule-in-CM.png

The three shown that are rules all appear in the Session Editor ADD list in Surveyor. If you type "Schedule" in the entry box at the top of the ADD list, a natural thing to do when searching for Schedule rules, it will jump straight to the first rule name that begins with Schedule and skips over the "Driver Schedule Rule". So type "Driver" instead or scroll down the list.
I was going to ask how to get a readout like that? I did a r/click on the bar and added columns, I have been missing all this info for years!

In my CM I get two Schedule Libraries when I filter for Schedule
schedule.JPG

I suppose only the "rules"show in the Add. Will have to investigate the Driver Schedule Rule to see if it also works for me. Now that I use the Insert instead of the Append, the crashing has stopped.

Just want to verify that I have interpreted the thread ok - The Library is a place for labeled SETS of driver commands to reside. Then when you want the virtual driver to do some fairly common task, instead of rewriting it, you simply refer to a label to get a SET of existing instructions. Probably many customers have avoided this feature after being plagued with Append command.

I add driver commands in the Schedule Library the same way that they are added in the driver setup in the Session Editor or directly to the driver command line in Driver. (bottom right area in Driver)
The advantage is that the same set of commands can be quickly added to any driver. Multiple sets can be created and stored so there can be many combinations can be made. I my case, I created sets for various segments between major nodes. Makes it easy to quickly combine the segment sets to create interesting background traffic from portal to portal.

I add driver commands in the Schedule Library the same way that they are added in the driver setup in the Session Editor or directly to the driver command line in Driver. (bottom right area in Driver)
The advantage is that the same set of commands can be quickly added to any driver. Multiple sets can be created and stored so there can be many combinations can be made. I my case, I created sets for various segments between major nodes. Makes it easy to quickly combine the segment sets to create interesting background traffic from portal to portal.

I have used it the same way in the past. I have one Route/Session that used it before I ported it to T19. The same set of instructions are used by two different drivers. These commands are entered into the Schedule Library. This library has two named lists of commands (schedules). Either can be called by any driver.

In the driver command line I have several commands and then an Insert Commands From Library:Northbound followed by more commands, etc. It works correctly in T19. BUT, when I look at available driver commands, Insert Commands From Library is not listed. There is no driver command Insert Commands From Library in the list of all available driver commands. In the DLS there is no Insert Commands From Library command listed.
Looking back at TANE's DLS there is a script Append or Insert Commands From Library.
---

I have a different Route/Session where I want to use the same features.

Was this intentionally dropped by N3V or did it disappear on its own?

... when I look at available driver commands, Insert Commands From Library is not listed. There is no driver command Insert Commands From Library in the list of all available driver commands. In the DLS there is no Insert Commands From Library command listed.

I use the driver command Copy Commands From where the source is a Schedule Library or another driver. It is <kuid2:192081:1:7> and is built-in.

Last edited:
I use the driver command Copy Commands From where the source is a Schedule Library or another driver. It is <kuid2:192081:1:7> and is built-in.

Insert... is part of 'Copy Commands From' and has to be enabled in Driver Commands.

THANK YOU pware and Ghost 42. I had just remembered it as Insert or Append so I was just looking in the I's and A's. I had completely forgotten that it's called Copy Commands within which there is an option for Insert or Append.

Back