Well Cars/Container stack cars for default containers

Define "default shipping containers".

Objects that can appear as loads on wagons, such as shipping containers on well wagons, must be classified as "commodities" that can load onto the particular vehicle. I would suggest opening up the properties of the well wagon in Surveyor and checking what is default load list contains.

Define "default shipping containers".

Objects that can appear as loads on wagons, such as shipping containers on well wagons, must be classified as "commodities" that can load onto the particular vehicle. I would suggest opening up the properties of the well wagon in Surveyor and checking what is default load list contains.

By "default" I mean the containers that come with the game, the well cars I downloaded aren't able to use those containers, they have their own containers as part of their dependencies.

Are those containers listed in Content Manager as "scenery" or "commodities"? If they are listed as scenery items then they cannot be loaded into any well cars.

I just did a search in TRS19 SP1 CM for all the containers installed that are commodities and found 131, of those 129 were built-in.

I just added a "default container commodity" to the only well car that I could find built into TRS19 SP1.

Well-car-with-loaded-container-commodity.jpg

I opened up the Well Car's properties window and added (the "+" icon at the end of the list) and configured a default container at the end of the list - all the others shown came with the well car.

I may have found a solution to my problem, I had forgotten that commodities can be added to the load list of any rail car, I will try adding the containers to the load list of one of the well cars that I downloaded.

Last edited:
That sort of thing happens to me all the time. At my age I am allowed to call such incidents "Senior Moments":eek:

Back