Ghost train

autodctr

Just got enough scenery done to run a new layout. This is a 15 x 12 bases layout. I have 6 trolley cars running and about 17 trains running all at the same time. No AI used. The main track (sight seeing) is about 100 miles in length. My normal use is to start everything running except for the main line. I have 5 trains running on the main line. They all leave from the same station. Departure intervals and speed are all done manually. I then can enter any train and either speed it up or slow it down a bit so that all 5 trains can run manually on the same track. The problem is this, and it has happened several times now: one of the trains on the main line just disappears! It doesn't derail, it doesn't get attached to another train, it just disappears.

Understand that once all 5 trains (on the main line) are operating, this may happen on the first lap or on any later lap. One train just vanishes. Anyone else ever had this problem or know a fix for it?

Could be your GPU can't keep up and not showing the trains, try stopping all trains and see if they show up.

I will try that. I have a Ryzen 7 2700 16G dual channel RAM with an RTX 2070, so I doubt that that is the problem, but it is worth a try.

It could be that the 'missing' train has derailed. There is an option for cleaning up derailed trains. If memory serves, one option takes the train off the map after a period of time.

Back