DMT (Scottish) Stations - Break Signalling Logic (TRS19)

Vern

Trainz Maverick
On a route I'm working on, set up some test signalling at one of the stations, where I'd used one of the DMT island interactive stations. Set up the junction semaphores and the appropriate feathers, to find on going into Driver the home signal will not clear and get message "Line ahead is unsignalled". On a hunch I deleted the connections to the interactive and ran a bypass line - signalling now operates correctly.

So the quandary now is: Is this a TRS19 specific bug; are the DMT stations a particular problem, i.e. would AJS stations work instead.

However at this stage it is probably simpler not to bother with interactive stations, period. Just means the route loses the ability to load/unload passengers.

I'm using DMT platforms in TS2019 and they seem to work fine. I'm not using the island platform on any of my routes though, but that shouldn't make a difference since all DMT platforms should work the same. Having signals too close to the DMT interactive track can cause problems occasionally, but other than that everything has been fine.
I much prefer DMT platforms over the AJS version since I've never been able to get them to work reliably with the locomotives and coaches that I use on my layouts.

I'm using DMT platforms in TS2019 and they seem to work fine. I'm not using the island platform on any of my routes though, but that shouldn't make a difference since all DMT platforms should work the same. Having signals too close to the DMT interactive track can cause problems occasionally, but other than that everything has been fine.
I much prefer DMT platforms over the AJS version since I've never been able to get them to work reliably with the locomotives and coaches that I use on my layouts.

This seems to be true with any stations and has been for years. They take over the speed of the train and will slow it down, but if the signal says proceed, there's a conflict causing the train to continue on its merry way and ignore the station. I find if I place a signal 30 meters from the platform it's okay, but any closer and there's a problem. Now I am saying this with experience using my selection of US-type assets. The results and performance maybe different for other signal types, but yeah too close and we're in trouble.

I will have to experiment John, but with UK routes particularly in semaphore signalled areas, the starter or section signal is typically located at or just off the end of the station platform.

After removing the station and going into Driver (not Surveyor as the current frozen animations means you can't test signalling) there were a few further anomalies. Neither the GWR or LMS junction semaphore signals would change the arm raised (lowered for GWR) when I switched the junction points. "Feather" markers correctly placed on the track for straight on and the diverging route. However when I placed a BR colour light signal and performed the same operation in Driver, the route feather on the signal displayed correctly. Not sure how old the various UK semaphores are, but there could be an issue with scripting vs. TRS19 - possibly...

I have found the same thing, none of the uk semaphore signals work as intended in TRS19.
Could be a scripting problem but I have no experience in scripting.

Bill69.

p.s. It is not only at stations, it's all over a layout.

Bill69

Last edited:
Most of the Uk semaphore are old models now, some of them like most of the GWR signals are very old indeed, - so it's not surprising that there are problems with them in TS2019. I mostly use Chrisaw's slotted post lower quadrant McKenzie & Holland signals since they are prefect for pre-WW1 pre-grouping layouts and they were used by a good many of the old railway companies (or signals that were very close in appearance to them). The other thing about them is that they all work well together without any glitches which isn't always true for some of the other older signal models. And they don't have the problem of blindingly bright signal lamps in TS2019 like some of the older Uk signals do.

What I do to get around the problem of the starter signal at the end of the platform interfering with the interactive platform is to make the scenic platform model at stations longer than the invisible interactive platform. By doing this it is very easy to provide for the needed amount of separation between the interactive platform and the starter signal.

There are two versions of the Semaphore script used in UK signals. The later one should work properly in TANE/TS19. Makes sure you are using the latest version of all signals. Note that for some of ChrisAW's signals the latest version has a different KUID to the earlier version.

Thanks for the confirmation and workaround, folks!

Edit: Just had a look at Chrisaw's signals on the DLS. Unfortunately a tad confusing as to which are the latest and probably work in '19, will have to do some more research to untangle the mess!

Last edited:
The original bloodnok script came out with TC3 (trainz build 2.8). It was updated in TS2009 (trainz build 2.9).
I suggest you only search for signals (by any creator) with a minimum trainz build number of 2.9.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I'll filter via build number - let's just hope N3v don't break the new stuff with any future code changes!

Back