maxweight problems?

This was probably shown earlier in the different tables? But what I did with a Bethgon by socalwb909 was take into account the value as far as mass(19,005).
Then took that value and added to the values at site below and came up 121,000(size) + 19005(mass) = 140005(max weight).

https://www.bnsf.com/ship-with-bnsf/ways-of-shipping/equipment/coal-cars.html

I guess what I'm getting at is those style hoppers appear to fully load. Of course you can play the different values to do whatever.
Dean

Of course my calculations aren't exact(correct?), but hopefully this helps?:D

Last edited:
I tried an experiment with a Freightcar America hopper where I set mass at 19005, like the above hopper. And changed max weight to 129005. And then set size 110000. Same formula whatever "max weight" is minus the mass and set the size to that value. I used the value for size at 110000 because it's pretty close to the size listed for above(socalwb909's) hopper as downloaded.
While not exact for this type of hopper, it was a test after all. Even if setting size above the value shown, same result. Car shows weight after loading at loading facility as full when checking detail window? Plus I would like to keep things more consistent when changing config files so I'm not more confused than I am already?:confused:
Dean

P.S. If you want the car to appear more fully loaded you can add the the last line(position) to this. For the other style hoppers(socalwb909's) if you change 0.2 to 0.1 it will appear fully loaded. Which I don't see the need but you can. If you use the 0.2 value you'll see it floating above car. The values represent x,y,z axis.

load
{
mesh "mesh_body/load/load.im"
anim "mesh_body/load/load.kin"
auto-create 1
use-parent-bounds 1
position 0,0,0.2
}
}

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I know this might not be the shot of the Freightcar America hoppers, but hopefully you can see the difference adding the position line to the config file makes after the cars were loaded at a facility?

Last edited:
Back