Trainz Plus Beta - 2020 Update 1 ready for testing

When I click the link in post #17 above to download the updated End Session asset I get a screen the first few lines of which look like
-snip-

Looks like your browser is opening the file instead of Downloading it. You need to just download the file, not open the file. If you don't know how to do that check your browser's help. It should be something like CMD click, or OPT click. It's been so long since I've had to do that I forget and it varies among browsers.

Edit: Actually, it's probably downloading the file and your computer is trying to open the file. When the file opens just close it. Verify it's been downloaded, (likely to your downloads folder) and then drop the CDP file onto the CM.

Last edited:
When I click the link in post #17 above to download the updated End Session asset I get a screen the first few lines of which look like this:

ACS$�������&!��C ��assets��6 ��<kuid:-25:1321>�����kind�behavior����kuid�
����)����� username�End Session�@���description�When this rule is executed, the Session will end.����script�EndScenario����class�EndScenario����
trainz-build�33�@���category-class�YR�a���obsolete-table�����0�
�����/�����1�
����������2�
����������3�
����������4�
����$����
string-table��;���description�End the session, fading out over $0 seconds.����fadetime_name�Fade duration�A���fadetime_desc�Time duration over which to fade the session out����property_name�Property '$0'�>���description_html�End the session. Fade out over $0 seconds.�7���html_wait_for_completion�Wait for Session Completion�W���html_wait_for_completion_on�This rule will remain incomplete until the session ends.�k���html_wait_for_completion_off�This rule will queue a timed fade-out and then become complete immediately.�O���thumbnails��>���0�����image�icon.texture����width�@���
���height�@������username-fr�Fin de scénario�#���username-nl�Scenario beëindigen�"���username-es�Finalizar escenario�"���username-pl�Zakończ scenariusz����username-it�Fine scenario����

Any suggestions on what to do next? :)

In Browser, File > Save Page as, it defaults cdp.

Here's a couple of things here.

1) The long commodities list for the boxcars.

2) Some of The consists have derailed when opening the existing session for editing.

One of the boxcars causing the stack of commodities is: <kuid2:128368:490090:2>
This also occurs with some flat cars as well.

Wiggling the derailed wagons, puts them back on the tracks. Some consists have disappeared as well and will have to be replaced.

Commodities!.jpgCommodities!2.jpgDerailed!.jpg

Thank you for the update Tony.

Is anybody else having issues with "Right-Hand Drive DES" <kuid2:101046:100236:35> It was fine until the update.

And there's more...

Wiggling the consists shown here puts the "front" back on.

2020-01-24 202127.jpg

There's more to this. The consists shown in red will appear back on the track when the consists are moved.

Invisible consists.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the update Tony.

Is anybody else having issues with "Right-Hand Drive DES" <kuid2:101046:100236:35> It was fine until the update.

Yes. It's a car library thing, which needs to be fixed. Tony said there will be a quick patch for that. I changed mine to something else in a route I'm working on. It's not an important thing at this point for me.

Yes. It's a car library thing, which needs to be fixed. Tony said there will be a quick patch for that. I changed mine to something else in a route I'm working on. It's not an important thing at this point for me.

Thanks for that John, I hadn't seen a response about that one.

Thanks again

Post #23: I had the same issue, but if you choose "move" from the consist menu, the consist appears!!

Well, after about 5 hours of work I got things working again. I guess I am happy again!!
I would like to know more about how to place "ballast" under multiple tracks. Anybody out there with suggestions?

:D

Last edited:
Post #23: I had the same issue, but if you choose "move" from the consist menu, the consist appears!!

Well, after about 5 hours of work I got things working again. I guess I am happy again!!
I would like to know more about how to place "ballast" under multiple tracks. Anybody out there with suggestions?

:D

I can't figure out the track-thing either. I don't see any options for it anywhere.

Yeah I found that out afterwards... The consist that was buried now comes back. I did have a couple of boxcars buried that I couldn't retrieve, they were single cars on the line, so I used delete missing assets to remove the ghosts and that worked.

Did you read the wiki and it didn't help? Or did you not see the entry?

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...ect_Layer#Bulk_Paint_Under_Splines_.282020.29

I was just reading this.
Bulk Paint Under Splines (2020)

With the latest Trainz Plus update (Q1 2020), there is also a new tool designed to quickly apply ballast under your track. Of course you can also apply any other texture under a spline such as grass along a roadside, or fence line.

• From the Tools Menu Select "Bulk Asset Update/Replace".
  • In “Assets to update” list, use the Picker to select one or more existing splines, or drag more splines from the Track list.
  • In “Asset to update with” select the ground texture you want to use as fill.
  • Under the Paint Tab -> Radius, change the radius to the width you wish to paint. (The smallest radius will give a 10m wide texture).
  • Click "Begin" to bulk paint the ground texture under the spline chosen.

It's self explanatory and now it's time to play.

Easy... :)

Last edited:
I have a problem with a built in asset showing faulty called "core strings" kuid -3:10126
Shows as missing a dep 447264:1005 called" Achievement Variable Updater For Driver Achievements" as a unknown location

Assertion Errors when loading saved session for driving:

After 11 assertion errors with 4-11 being the same, I continued and loaded the session for driving.

Assertion Errors.JPGAssertion Errors 2.JPGAssertion Errors 3.JPGAssertion Errors 4.jpg

Attachments

• Assertion Errors 5.JPG
    Assertion Errors 5.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 9
I was just reading this.
Bulk Paint Under Splines (2020)

With the latest Trainz Plus update (Q1 2020), there is also a new tool designed to quickly apply ballast under your track. Of course you can also apply any other texture under a spline such as grass along a roadside, or fence line.

• From the Tools Menu Select "Bulk Asset Update/Replace".
  • In “Assets to update” list, use the Picker to select one or more existing splines, or drag more splines from the Track list.
  • In “Asset to update with” select the ground texture you want to use as fill.
  • Under the Paint Tab -> Radius, change the radius to the width you wish to paint. (The smallest radius will give a 10m wide texture).
  • Click "Begin" to bulk paint the ground texture under the spline chosen.

It's self explanatory and now it's time to play.

Easy... :)

Sorry to Tony! I missed that. I was probably too busy sorting out the install problems. But all is well now and I am going to give it a go!

I have the same problem only it appears that any region that has cars in it are now faulty. I have 18 routes that have faulty regions.

EUREKA!!!! Bulk asset update works. Ballast under miles and miles of track. I have been waiting for this ever since I started surveying in Trainz. Congrats TrainzTeam!

Having the same issues after updating. All consists are either derailed, locomotives moved and consists missing.
Here's a couple of things here.

1) The long commodities list for the boxcars.

2) Some of The consists have derailed when opening the existing session for editing.

One of the boxcars causing the stack of commodities is: <kuid2:128368:490090:2>
This also occurs with some flat cars as well.

Wiggling the derailed wagons, puts them back on the tracks. Some consists have disappeared as well and will have to be replaced.

View attachment 1961View attachment 1962View attachment 1963

Back