Trainz Plus Beta - 2020 Update 1 ready for testing

Thanks for the reports regarding consists derailing. We've got a good test case in with Dev to investigate.

A few of things here:

1) When setting up a session, the driver names in the map view do not coincide with the actual names of the drivers assigned to the consists.

Harry and Geoff are assigned here to unassigned consists.

Kenny, Sean and Sean are assigned in the map view to consists actually "owned" by Basti, Lukas and Bob.

Wrong names on map.JPG

Real Drivers.JPG

2) When assigning drivers to consists, the placed consists do not always appear in the available consist list.

3) Search does not always find what's requested when searching for items within Surveyor and Content Manager. (A caching issue or pre-caching?)

A few of things here:

1) When setting up a session, the driver names in the map view do not coincide with the actual names of the drivers assigned to the consists.

Kenny, Sean and Sean are assigned in the map view to consists actually "owned" by Basti, Lukas and Bob.

View attachment 1972

View attachment 1973

2) When assigning drivers to consists, the placed consists do not always appear in the available consist list.

Have also seen this happening in build 105100 you set up drivers in session then they change in driver to someone else
Didn't worry about it as I only found it just before current build released

Last edited:
A few of things here:

View attachment 1972

View attachment 1973

Have also seen this happening in build 105100 you set up drivers in session then they change in driver to someone else
Didn't worry about it as I only found it just before current build released

Interesting. I hadn't setup any new sessions in Build 105100 so I wouldn't know. At least the problem has been reported.

Thanks.

Please provide the steps to reproduce the problem with driver names. We've tried various options and each time the drivers are named correctly.

1. Edit Session
2. Add two locos
3. Edit session rules
4. Check the names in Driver Setup
5. Switch to Driver mode
6. Check the names in map view

In our tests they match.

Some do and some don't. I have been noticing this as well. I pick Bob and on the map he is Harry. I have just been ignoring it.

Some do and some don't. I have been noticing this as well. I pick Bob and on the map he is Harry. I have just been ignoring it.

It indeed seems to be a random thing. I, too, have just ignored that issue. And it appears that consists that are generated through portals having the same driver, do not cause any problems. Sometimes in one of my routes I have (maybe just for a minute or so) two same drivers. I realize that this should not be so, but.....

OK. I installed the small update to 105674. Installation successful. Did a Database Repair. Successful. Started Trainz and opened a route to edit a session: missing consists, or consists derailed. Went into Edit Session. The drivers were there, but the consists were missing. Back to Surveyor and clicked on the consists that were there. This restored the consists which were missing their lead loco. Some consists were listed, but for the life of me, I can't find them. Very strange! Suggestions please!!!

Back