Changes won't save???

autodctr

Making a new layout. Was going fine for the past 2 weeks. Now, when I make a change, it won't save the change! I have gone into driver and eliminated all of the defaults. I go into surveyor and modify something and click to save it, and when I go back in, the changes were not saved. Very frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Making a new layout. Was going fine for the past 2 weeks. Now, when I make a change, it won't save the change! I have gone into driver and eliminated all of the defaults. I go into surveyor and modify something and click to save it, and when I go back in, the changes were not saved. Very frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked you aren't accidentally working within a session rather than a route? if this was the case , the changes would not be visible ( or at least that was the case in TANE).

Here is what I suspect has happened from personal experience and from reading the many posts of "woe" in these forums.

You have created a Route and have added some assets (the ones that "don't save") in a Session layer and then saved the Route (and perhaps the Session as well) and exited. Then later when you restart Trainz you have loaded the Route only (not the Session) into Surveyor. So anything that was placed in a Session (or in a Session layer) is now missing.

One solution is to always load the Session into Surveyor.

A detailed description of dealing with layers (Route and Session) can be found in the Trainz Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Layers

This problem did not exist before the SP update. And, it actually did not start until after I had put a loco on the main track and drove it. After that, nothing wants to save unless a choose "Save as" when saving the changes.

That is not as good as it used to be, plus I now have a bunch or routes in Surveyor which I did not have before. What changed (did I accidentally change something) or is this a function of the SP update?

What changed (did I accidentally change something) or is this a function of the SP update?

The "Save" and "Save As..." functions are working on my TRS19 SP1 exactly as they did before the update, there is no difference. I am not aware of any user setting that would change their behaviour to what you describe.

How are your windows system permissions? Do you run TRS19 with Administrator permissions? If not try changing it to see what happens.

My "save" now saves a session, but the changes are not saved in the main file like they used to be. I now have to use "save as" and then I have 2 scenes with the same name. The first one is the oldest one and I delete it. This method works, but was nicer and easier before.

I do not run Quick drive. I save everything and then double-click the scene icon to get into driver.

Back