Thread: Forward control locos.

Default Forward control locos.

Are there any US/Canadian locos with a similar design to the British Class 46?
    These are ideal for those scenic routes, no need to exit the cab to admire the views.
    If not I suppose that on my own stateless fictional routes I can aquire rolling stock from any supplier

Not that I can think of, but nothing to keep you from testing a Class 46 in North America.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Not in real life, sorry.

For situations that require that kind of operation, there is nothing like that over here. Switching locomotives, such as our SW1500 models, will have a big window on one end and smaller windows on the nose end. The driver simply turns himself around in his chair and looks out the back window while driving. For over the road operations, a diesel locomotive is sometimes placed on each end of a consist. This is found in some areas where the railroad needs to switch industries on long single-track branches where there is no run around capabilities, and in places where backing up would be too dangerous.

Trainz being Trainz, there's no reason why such a locomotive couldn't be imported, or heck built here as EMD and GE have done for the export market. For this kind of operation, you may also want to look at the equivalent Australian locomotive. Australia, like the rest of North America, uses the hook-type or Janney coupler. This makes perfect sense since there is no need to worry about the disparate coupling systems between the different regions.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

There is a Christmas diesel which I do not know the kuid of, on the DLS. Your external view is like the headlamp is the camera.

Thanks for the replies, I will look up the Christmas loco.

Got the kuid on the Christmas diesel: 2-39134:2296:1