Why do I get an error whenever I try to edit the Driver Setup Rule in Trainz 2019?

janathan

I made a video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwWDgfRITFA) explaining in detail what my problem is.

Basically, I was almost finished editing my Outer Banks Shinkansen route to test run it, but I ran into a little problem: When trying to edit the Driver Setup Rule, I got the following error: "Error: PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled"
"A script error occurred while attempting to edit the properties of this asset."
This is the same error I get with the portals when the amount of trains referenced in them exceeds an arbitrary limit seemingly predetermined at random.

This error is preventing me from getting any further in this process because I can't message the drivers at all.

Any changes I make to the Driver Setup Rule triggers this error.

This includes adding or deleting a train.

There are currently 38 trains on the map, 27 of which are sitting in a siding. The other 11 are messaged.

I checked within these forums for a solution and while there are other questions related to the error:
"Error: PropertyBrowserRefresh() not handled"
"A script error occurred while attempting to edit the properties of this asset."
They all have no replies.
I found one with a reply stating that they found out how to fix it, but they never elaborated on how they fixed it, despite a request from another person asking them to, so that it might help others with the same problem.

In short, why am I having this problem and how do I fix it?

I have never had that error message when editing the Driver Setup rule in TRS19 or any other version for that matter.

Open Content Manager are see if the Driver Setup Rule is reporting as faulty. What is its kuid?

I would also send a copy of your route and session together with a bug report to N3V.

<kuid:-16:2025> It's not faulty and neither are the portals I use. In any case, the problem seems to have gone away for now after deleting all existing trains from the route and starting over from scratch. I also had to delete missing assets because it kept referencing trains that were no longer on the route. I'm gonna try again and hopefully I won't have this issue.

In any case, why does this happen with the portals?

The missing assets could have been the issue. When locos appear in the Driver Setup Rule in red (as per your video clip - I was not able to listen to your commentary as I am currently in a very noisy environment) it means that they are not installed in the route and that may also have been an issue.

Your decision to delete all the drivers and start again as well as delete all the missing assets may have been the best option.

I rarely use portals mainly because they can cause problems. Trains that enter a portal and then are later returned will often lose the data that they had when they entered the portal - such as which layer they were in and the manually assigned names of the rolling stock.

Back