JR Diamond Signal Controller causes instant CTD in session

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
<kuid2:45324:26301:2> Diamond Signal Controller

This very useful asset causes an instant CTD when starting a session with the asset installed on an associated route.

At first I thought it was something else so I replaced my current session with one from my back up. It sadly turned out not to be that easy.

I watched the logs, but nothing appeared in there to indicate what, if any, what the error is.

Since this was the most recent change, I removed the asset from my route, and I was able to drive the session.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons I decided to work with the EIT towers every other set up keep having issues...
Yet though EIT s will become A strain when as in my case with a couple of routes require multiple set ups...
So I have gone back to just doing routes in TANE which has become very stable in my case...
Dave =)

I just had Ver. 105096 simply disappear. In my case there was no known responsible asset. Probably not related but...
Reported within the hour. No report serial number issued. This has happened several times to me in the past months with more than one version. I wish it was an identified asset. I have seen some of those diamond controllers but not sure if they are anywhere in this new route I bought. Normally I just erase them and operations run as they should. Is there a specific purpose to them?

I just had Ver. 105096 simply disappear. In my case there was no known responsible asset. Probably not related but...
Reported within the hour. No report serial number issued. This has happened several times to me in the past months with more than one version. I wish it was an identified asset. I have seen some of those diamond controllers but not sure if they are anywhere in this new route I bought. Normally I just erase them and operations run as they should. Is there a specific purpose to them?

I had a couple of those before, did an EDR and all was well afterwards.

The Diamond Signal Controller is a simple crossing controller. You enter in main track signals, it helps to give them a meaningful name, in one place and then enter in the crossing track signals in the other place. Quick, easy, and it used to work for ages. In my case, I was hoping to use it to control a simple crossing of two tracks for a yard lead that crosses a mainline, but noop. Bang! Poof and off to the desktop when the session starts to load.

This is one of the reasons I decided to work with the EIT towers every other set up keep having issues...
Yet though EIT s will become A strain when as in my case with a couple of routes require multiple set ups...
So I have gone back to just doing routes in TANE which has become very stable in my case...
Dave =)

I've started down that route myself. They're a bit more cumbersome for what I want to do and I have 4 of them to setup. I got them to work simply using the EIT's but I have trouble with the crossing line. I'll post more about this in another thread as it'll include a screenshot and a diagram. Once I get one setup, it's a matter of configuring the rest all the same.

Back