Trigger check -25:1071

KenGreen

This rule is faulty in TS10 and TS12 but seems okay in TANE, is there a reason why this should be so.

Ken

It gets updated from time to time as necessary. <kuid:-25:1071> is from 2016. Sounds like it's best removed from TS10 and TS12 because it obsoletes their own built-in versions.

The problem is that this rule is build 2.0 and was used by all of the sessions by narrowgauge which makes them faulty, it cannot be replaced because the criteria used is lost.

Ken

It's not faulty in TS12 here. Either revert to original if it's locally modified or delete it and re-download it using content manager.

Hi Malc
I've tried that in both my versions of TS12 to no effect. I've even copied the version in TANE which is not faulty to load into TS12 where it becomes faulty.

Ken

It's not faulty in TS12 here. Either revert to original if it's locally modified or delete it and re-download it using content manager.

Hi again Malc
Tried a DB repair followed by deleting and re-downloading the Trigger Check. This is in TS12 49922. I opened my version of TS12 SP1 and suprisingly in this version the Trigger does not show as faulty. This is all very strange.

Ken

Hi again Malc
Tried a DB repair followed by deleting and re-downloading the Trigger Check. This is in TS12 49922. I opened my version of TS12 SP1 and suprisingly in this version the Trigger does not show as faulty. This is all very strange.

Ken

Is odd and probably related to a database issue somewhere, it is possibly for an item to be in more than one place, which might be the cause, could be one in local as well as in original, I've had that cause problems in TS12 in the past. getting rid of the duplicate fixed it.

Also, just remembered, assets are downloaded initially into the Userdata\cache internet, could be there is a corrupted download in there, when downloading if the file is in the cache it will install that, so try deleting cdp files from internet folder, doesn't do any harm I regularly delete the contents of that folder in all versions of Trainz to save space. The names in there are incomprehensible by the way so best to get rid of anything with a cdp extension or just delete the whole lot.

Last edited:
I noticed that sometimes a database repair, sometimes fixes script issues like this. This information is cached and there's a discrepancy between what's in the data folder compared to what's cached. The repair clears that and the problem is resolved. The other thing to try is clear the Cache/Libraries folder so that when the script is loaded again from the data, it's now a fresh copy and not what was left over.

I've never needed to delete the cache. Is it within user data and do I delete all of the subdirectories within the cache folder.

Thanks Ken

Yes its in wherever you keep your userdata I use the same format as TS12 and previous and create a Userdata folder in the programs folder.

For the purposes of maybe or hopefully sorting out this problem, only the contents of the Internet and libraries folder, followed by a DBR.

The internet folder can grow to a large size if not occasionally cleaned out!

Yes its in wherever you keep your userdata I use the same format as TS12 and previous and create a Userdata folder in the programs folder.

For the purposes of maybe or hopefully sorting out this problem, only the contents of the Internet and libraries folder, followed by a DBR.

The internet folder can grow to a large size if not occasionally cleaned out!

Removed the Library and Internet folder from the cache. Deleted the Trigger Check from the content manager and then ran an extended database repair. Re-downloaded the Trigger Check but this is still showing as faulty.

Ken

After a bit more checking I think I've solved the. Puzzle. Trigger Check -25:1071 obsoletes -18:1206. I suspect that -25:1071 was produced to be used with TS12 SP1 as this Kuid is fault free in TS12 SP1 and TANE.
However when checking narrowgauge's sessions the -18:1206 Trigger Check kuid is used. Therefore I should just be able to delete -25:1071 which should leave. -18:1206 to be correctly used . Should N3V be updating in this manner especially leaving the build as 2.0 when it should be 3.7.

Ken

Last edited:
I've wanted to setup a shunting yard using a portal to create units and sort them into types to build trains. To do that I need to trigger check each unit leaving the portal. I tried all your suggestions, the last was to use the 18:1206, but that was marked obsolete and refused to load.

Please help!

Back